The Leidos Innovations Center has a current opening for a TS/SCI cleared Project Lead/Scrum Master supporting our client’s mission to centralize and standardize Tasking, Collection, Processing, Exploitation and Dissemination (TCPED) of Open Source Intelligence (OSINT) across the DoD and IC enterprise. This exciting new Task Order award will commence July 2023.
As the Scrum Master, you play a critical role with design, engineering, development, deployment, and use of software for the DOMEX Technology Platform (DTP) where we support our client’s mission to centralize and standardize Tasking, Collection, Processing, Exploitation and Dissemination (TCPED) of Open Source Intelligence (OSINT) across the DoD and IC enterprise. We integrate off the shelf and new development efforts to sustain and enhance the NMEC architecture and by leveraging cloud-based computing, artificial intelligence (Al), machine learning (ML) and cross-domain transfer systems to provide cutting edge data exploitation, enrichment, triage, and analytics capabilities to Defense and Intelligence Community members. DTP advances the state of the art in mission-focused big data analytics tools and micro-service development spanning the breadth of Agile sprints to multiyear research and development cycles.
As the Scrum Master, you will lead a multidisciplinary, Agile team engaged in building an industry-leading streaming data pipeline focused on analysis of IT and cybersecurity datasets. You will work together with product owners and managers to conduct release and sprint planning using Fibonacci's estimation methods to accurately evaluate scope and schedule of work, identify release and sprint backlogs, lead daily scrum meetings and demos, and remove obstacles to enable the teams to deliver high-quality, working code. You will be the champion of your team, conducting regular data-driven retrospectives, and working actively to improve the process and drive team productivity. You will bring your team leadership experience to anticipate project and implementation issues, to proactively support areas that may become a concern, to manage technical debt, and to ensure successful delivery. You are curious: you ask why, you explore, you are familiar with latest and greatest open source tools, and always fascinated by what’s possible and what could be better. You must be self-driven, and feel ownership over the project, team, and process. Most work will be conducted on-site at our client location in Bethesda, MD. Occasionally, some tasks may be performed remotely.
Fun stuff you will do on the job:
- Coach a disciplined, distributed, fast-moving Agile team and program through Agile/Scrum ceremonies
- Perform release and sprint planning
- Assess the Agile maturity of the team and coach the team to contribute to relentless improvement of the overall program
- Remove impediments and coach the team to remove impediments
- Build and maintain a high performing team by improving team dynamics and coaching the team to maximize self-organization
- Facilitate discussion, decision making, and conflict resolution
- Work across the stakeholders to ensure effective solutions are delivered
- Assist with internal and external communication, improve transparency, and radiating information
- Support the Product Owner in managing the team backlog and foster a healthy team dynamic with respect to priorities and scope
- Demonstrate excellent interpersonal, time management, and problem-solving skills.
This is you:
- Bachelors degree, technical discipline preferred
- Certified Scrum Master (CSM) or SAFe Scrum Master (SSM) certification
- 8+ years of experience as a Scrum Master or in a similar role
- Excellent communication, collaboration, and conflict resolution skills
- Experience with SAFe methodology
- Proven ability to balance concurrent activities
- Strong knowledge and experience in software development in an Agile or SAFe environment
- Ability to quickly build rapport and keep a positive and motivated team environment
- Must be a US Citizen with an Active TS level clearance with ability to obtain a poly
You will wow us even more if you have these skills:
- Experience with data engineering and big data tools (Kafka, Elastic Search, Spark are all a plus)
- Familiarity with modern development approaches (serverless, containerization, cloud, continuous delivery, micro-services, event based applications)
- Experience with cloud deployment and cloud-based solutions
- An active COMPTIA Security+ certification.
- Experience supporting DIA/NMEC and/or D3P/DTP
- OSINT familiarity
Pay Range:Pay Range $97,500.00 - $150,000.00 - $202,500.00
The Leidos pay range for this job level is a general guideline only and not a guarantee of compensation or salary. Additional factors considered in extending an offer include (but are not limited to) responsibilities of the job, education, experience, knowledge, skills, and abilities, as well as internal equity, alignment with market data, applicable bargaining agreement (if any), or other law.
Leidos is a Fortune 500® technology, engineering, and science solutions and services leader working to solve the world’s toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, civil, and health markets. The company’s 45,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, Leidos reported annual revenues of approximately $14.4 billion for the fiscal year ended December 30, 2022. For more information, visit www.Leidos.com.
Pay and Benefits
Pay and benefits are fundamental to any career decision. That's why we craft compensation packages that reflect the importance of the work we do for our customers. Employment benefits include competitive compensation, Health and Wellness programs, Income Protection, Paid Leave and Retirement. More details are available here.
Securing Your Data
Beware of fake employment opportunities using Leidos’ name. Leidos will never ask you to provide payment-related information during any part of the employment application process (i.e., ask you for money), nor will Leidos ever advance money as part of the hiring process (i.e., send you a check or money order before doing any work). Further, Leidos will only communicate with you through emails that are generated by the Leidos.com automated system – never from free commercial services (e.g., Gmail, Yahoo, Hotmail) or via WhatsApp, Telegram, etc. If you received an email purporting to be from Leidos that asks for payment-related information or any other personal information (e.g., about you or your previous employer), and you are concerned about its legitimacy, please make us aware immediately by emailing us at [email protected].
If you believe you are the victim of a scam, contact your local law enforcement and report the incident to the U.S. Federal Trade Commission.
Commitment to Diversity
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, ethnicity, age, national origin, citizenship, religion, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, pregnancy, family structure, marital status, ancestry, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran or military status, or any other basis prohibited by law. Leidos will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with relevant laws.