No two career paths will ever look the same. At Leidos, we know the most talented and diverse engineering professionals will always have a multitude of career choices; your time at Leidos will be a wise investment in your career and in yourself.
We are looking for a GIS Tech to work remotely in the North Carolina region of the US.
This position requires the selected candidate to work through a temp agency for 6 months before conversion to a Leidos employee
Successful candidates can look forward to a fast paced, diverse work environment and flexible work hours/work arrangements as well as managers who will encourage career development and growth including:
- Technical & Non-Technical Training Opportunities
- Leadership Opportunities
- Mentorship & Training Opportunities
- Opportunity to Lead, Grow, and Inspire a Dynamic Team
In this role, you can also expect to gain:
- Interface with local clients
- Interactions with other disciplines (Substation, Protection & Controls, and Civil Structural)
- Partnering with a Variety of Utility Clients Nationwide
The successful GIS Tech candidate will support some or all of the following activities:
- Use GIS/CAD software to support electric distribution projects and data maintenance for higher complexity and priority projects.
- Reference as-builts, work management logs, & other documentation to update GIS data to reflect electric distribution construction completed in the field
- Identify data inconsistencies and communicate with the appropriate resources to provide accurate data updates to client systems
- Obtain and manipulate GIS data at state and municipality level
- Create base maps for site locations and develop site applications for new distribution work
- Use engineering designs, client standards, and surveying data to produce plan sets for underground utilities (including plan and profile, conduit/cable sketches, traffic control plan, etc.)
- Ability to work in an Agile team environment where collaboration and receptiveness to feedback are essential to producing high quality work to meet Leidos & clients’ standards. Travel to sites as needed, perform inspections, and return to the office to perform engineering design work.
GIS Tech Basic Qualifications:
- 30 hrs. complete in GIS program at an accredited University, OR B.S. University, enrollment in GIS cert program, OR 2 years of applicable work experience
- Additional experience may be considered in lieu of a degree
- Knowledge of Client Standards preferred.
- Excellent verbal and written communications skills
- Ability to work in outdoor environments
GIS Tech Software Experience in one or more programs required:
- GIS Software such as Small World, Esri Suite (ArcMap, ArcGIS, ArcSDE, ArcIMS, ArcWeb services and ArcGIS Server), QGIS
- CAD Software such as Bentley Systems (MicroStation), Autodesk (AutoCAD, Maya, Civil 3D)
- Proficiency in MS Office (Word, Excel, Visio, Outlook, etc.) required
At Leidos, we deliver innovative solutions through the efforts of our diverse and talented people who are dedicated to our customers’ success. We empower our teams, contribute to our communities, and operate sustainably. Everything we do is built on a commitment to do the right thing for our customers, our people, and our community. Our Mission, Vision, and Values guide the way we do business.
We take care of our employees. At Leidos, we seek the best and the brightest, and in return, we invest in you, with an eye on your future, through career advancement, growth opportunities and continuous improvement via mentoring, formal and informal project management training and assistance with obtaining pertinent certifications. We challenge you to help solve some of the world’s toughest problems, and reward you with a welcoming culture that recognizes the importance of a strong work/life balance, as well as competitive compensation and benefits. We believe that diversity and inclusion make us all better and offer the chance to have fun and make a difference.
Pay Range:Pay Range $31,200.00 - $48,000.00 - $64,800.00
The Leidos pay range for this job level is a general guideline only and not a guarantee of compensation or salary. Additional factors considered in extending an offer include (but are not limited to) responsibilities of the job, education, experience, knowledge, skills, and abilities, as well as internal equity, alignment with market data, applicable bargaining agreement (if any), or other law.
Leidos is a Fortune 500® technology, engineering, and science solutions and services leader working to solve the world’s toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, civil, and health markets. The company’s 45,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, Leidos reported annual revenues of approximately $14.4 billion for the fiscal year ended December 30, 2022. For more information, visit www.Leidos.com.
Pay and Benefits
Pay and benefits are fundamental to any career decision. That's why we craft compensation packages that reflect the importance of the work we do for our customers. Employment benefits include competitive compensation, Health and Wellness programs, Income Protection, Paid Leave and Retirement. More details are available here.
Securing Your Data
Beware of fake employment opportunities using Leidos’ name. Leidos will never ask you to provide payment-related information during any part of the employment application process (i.e., ask you for money), nor will Leidos ever advance money as part of the hiring process (i.e., send you a check or money order before doing any work). Further, Leidos will only communicate with you through emails that are generated by the Leidos.com automated system – never from free commercial services (e.g., Gmail, Yahoo, Hotmail) or via WhatsApp, Telegram, etc. If you received an email purporting to be from Leidos that asks for payment-related information or any other personal information (e.g., about you or your previous employer), and you are concerned about its legitimacy, please make us aware immediately by emailing us at [email protected].
If you believe you are the victim of a scam, contact your local law enforcement and report the incident to the U.S. Federal Trade Commission.
Commitment to Diversity
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, ethnicity, age, national origin, citizenship, religion, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, pregnancy, family structure, marital status, ancestry, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran or military status, or any other basis prohibited by law. Leidos will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with relevant laws.