The EW Division of Leidos is looking for an Engineering Technical Specialist to join our cross-functional engineering team to engage in design, development, assembly, fabrication and test of electric, electronic, and mechanical prototypes and products.
- Work in an engineering lab environment performing a multitude of varying duties to include but not limited to - performance testing RF components, circuit card assemblies (CCAs) both RF and digital, formal acceptance testing of CCAs, modules, antennas, or systems.
- Assembling prototype and deliverable CCAs, modules, antennas, cabinets, and systems.
- Fabricating test fixtures, cable assemblies (both RF and discrete), prototype CCAs, modules and antennas.
- Soldering components to prototype assemblies and CCAs. Includes all types of surface mount components, some down to 40mil x 20mil size resistor and capacitors.
- Able to read and comprehend schematics, assembly, and mechanical drawings to assemble CCAs, modules and systems.
- Able to use and operate basic hand and power tools – drill press, jig saw, hand drill belt sander, etc.
- Able to learn how to operate a variety of support equipment to include but not limited to – 3D printer, prototype CCA fabrication machine, label maker, etc.
- Maintain labs and other areas to be clean and organized.
- Supports office and office staff in areas not related to primary duties.
- US Citizenship required.
- Currently holds a DoD security clearance or the ability to obtain a personal security clearance to the Top-Secret level.
- Self-Motivated, strong work ethic, able to work independently and a problem solver.
- Detail oriented in all aspects of work-related duties.
- Routine ability to multitask a variety of assignments.
- Competently and diplomatically interact with your peers.
- A “can do” attitude and “do whatever it takes” mentality to get the job done.
- Solid organizational skills
- Ability to work and interact with a variety of internal and external stakeholders such as engineering, software, quality, systems engineering, program managers and manufacturing personnel.
- Preparation of all required reports; assist higher level personnel in compiling data for reports, procedures and manuals and ensure proper maintenance of records and logs.
- Requires 2-year technical degree from an accredited technical school or college plus 7-10 years related work experience and or prior military experience in communications or electronics.
- Enhanced RF skills. Demonstrated ability to comprehend and operate RF test equipment to include network and spectrum analyzers, power meters, signal generators and signal analysis equipment.
- Operation and maintenance of electronic equipment (i.e. network analyzers, spectrum analyzers, power meters, etc.) utilizing common and specialized tools in repair and maintenance of electro/mechanical equipment, test equipment, manufacturers' manuals, schematic diagrams and government procedures to operate and repair electro/mechanical equipment.
- Familiar with IPC610 and IPC-J-STD-001 standards.
Pay Range:Pay Range $53,300.00 - $82,000.00 - $110,700.00
The Leidos pay range for this job level is a general guideline only and not a guarantee of compensation or salary. Additional factors considered in extending an offer include (but are not limited to) responsibilities of the job, education, experience, knowledge, skills, and abilities, as well as internal equity, alignment with market data, applicable bargaining agreement (if any), or other law.
Leidos is a Fortune 500® technology, engineering, and science solutions and services leader working to solve the world’s toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, civil, and health markets. The company’s 45,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, Leidos reported annual revenues of approximately $14.4 billion for the fiscal year ended December 30, 2022. For more information, visit www.Leidos.com.
Pay and Benefits
Pay and benefits are fundamental to any career decision. That's why we craft compensation packages that reflect the importance of the work we do for our customers. Employment benefits include competitive compensation, Health and Wellness programs, Income Protection, Paid Leave and Retirement. More details are available here.
Securing Your Data
Beware of fake employment opportunities using Leidos’ name. Leidos will never ask you to provide payment-related information during any part of the employment application process (i.e., ask you for money), nor will Leidos ever advance money as part of the hiring process (i.e., send you a check or money order before doing any work). Further, Leidos will only communicate with you through emails that are generated by the Leidos.com automated system – never from free commercial services (e.g., Gmail, Yahoo, Hotmail) or via WhatsApp, Telegram, etc. If you received an email purporting to be from Leidos that asks for payment-related information or any other personal information (e.g., about you or your previous employer), and you are concerned about its legitimacy, please make us aware immediately by emailing us at [email protected].
If you believe you are the victim of a scam, contact your local law enforcement and report the incident to the U.S. Federal Trade Commission.
Commitment to Diversity
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, ethnicity, age, national origin, citizenship, religion, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, pregnancy, family structure, marital status, ancestry, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran or military status, or any other basis prohibited by law. Leidos will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with relevant laws.