The Geospatial Solutions and Integration Portfolio (GISP) is seeking a Data Scientist in the greater St. Louis, MO area to support contracts centered on GEOINT data production for the DoD/IC. The GISP provides geospatial intelligence support across a broad number of offices and agencies in the form of geospatial products, analysis, engineering and services. The opportunity is for a candidate with great technical experience and existing skillsets to support the creation of geospatial products that inform decision makers for analysis, planning, execution of and in theater operations for the Warfighter to ensure mission success.
The Data Scientist will obtain, analyze, exploit and utilize a variety of geospatial sources in support of data analytics, data production, data fusion and marketing data sources to a variety of customers to support their mission needs. The Data Scientists devises modeling and data manipulation techniques; utilizes mathematics, statistical methods, engineering methods, and other principles to identify and evaluate standardized methods, models and algorithms to address data viability to enhance customers data holdings. Provide documentation for methods, algorithms, models and SOPs to use/used in data science solutions to grow internal IP, enhance data knowledge and usability. Must have demonstrated good oral and written communication skills to interact with data suppliers, and the customers.
- Bachelor’s degree in a field related to geospatial data manipulation. 8+ years of relevant experience to the overall skills required.
- Have or able to obtain TS/SCI Clearance is required.
- Ability to identify, retrieve, manipulate, relate and/or exploit multiple structured and unstructured data sets from various sources, including building or generating new data sets as appropriate. Strong knowledge of government, open and commercial geospatial data types and applications
- Ability to interpret and evaluate the results of data science community’s methods models and/or algorithms, understanding the meaning, limitations, and scope of the results, and translate them into insightful output for data science and/or mission and identifying other applications for use.
- Knowledge and ability to manage large amounts of data for data transferring, conversion, conflation and dissemination while in a production environment.
- Ability to initiate the efficient implementation of methods, tools, and algorithms using a comprehensive range of technologies.
- Ability to lead work unit proactively addressing and responding to the most difficult data science-related challenges in a timely manner while effectively balancing competing priorities.
- Have a working knowledge of how-to bring data statistics to consumable dashboard and other visualization platforms and use/development of dashboards (Tableau, Power BI, Gravana, etc)
- Serve as the data knowledge bridge to the internal software engineering team.
- Demonstrated strong writing and briefing skills to educate managers, the customer, internal engineers, and the production teams as needed.
- ESRI Products (ArcPro, Map, SDE, etc) and QGIS
This position has a target range for compensation of $95,000 - $105,000. This is a firm fixed price contract and does not allow for negotiations outside of this target range.
Pay Range:Pay Range $59,150.00 - $91,000.00 - $122,850.00
The Leidos pay range for this job level is a general guideline only and not a guarantee of compensation or salary. Additional factors considered in extending an offer include (but are not limited to) responsibilities of the job, education, experience, knowledge, skills, and abilities, as well as internal equity, alignment with market data, applicable bargaining agreement (if any), or other law.
Leidos is a Fortune 500® technology, engineering, and science solutions and services leader working to solve the world’s toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, civil, and health markets. The company’s 45,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, Leidos reported annual revenues of approximately $14.4 billion for the fiscal year ended December 30, 2022. For more information, visit www.Leidos.com.
Pay and Benefits
Pay and benefits are fundamental to any career decision. That's why we craft compensation packages that reflect the importance of the work we do for our customers. Employment benefits include competitive compensation, Health and Wellness programs, Income Protection, Paid Leave and Retirement. More details are available here.
Securing Your Data
Beware of fake employment opportunities using Leidos’ name. Leidos will never ask you to provide payment-related information during any part of the employment application process (i.e., ask you for money), nor will Leidos ever advance money as part of the hiring process (i.e., send you a check or money order before doing any work). Further, Leidos will only communicate with you through emails that are generated by the Leidos.com automated system – never from free commercial services (e.g., Gmail, Yahoo, Hotmail) or via WhatsApp, Telegram, etc. If you received an email purporting to be from Leidos that asks for payment-related information or any other personal information (e.g., about you or your previous employer), and you are concerned about its legitimacy, please make us aware immediately by emailing us at [email protected].
If you believe you are the victim of a scam, contact your local law enforcement and report the incident to the U.S. Federal Trade Commission.
Commitment to Diversity
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, ethnicity, age, national origin, citizenship, religion, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, pregnancy, family structure, marital status, ancestry, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran or military status, or any other basis prohibited by law. Leidos will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with relevant laws.