Looking for an opportunity to make an impact?
At Leidos, we deliver innovative solutions through the efforts of our diverse and talented people who are dedicated to our customers’ success. We empower our teams, contribute to our communities, and operate sustainably. Everything we do is built on a commitment to do the right thing for our customers, our people, and our community. Our Mission, Vision, and Values guide the way we do business.
If this sounds like the kind of environment where you can thrive, keep reading!
Leidos Intelligence Group uses a wide range of capabilities in Digital Modernization, Mission Software Systems, and enabling technologies like Artificial Intelligence and Machine Learning to support our customers’ mission to defend against evolving threats around the world. Our team’s focus is ensuring our intelligence customers have the right tools, technologies, and tactics to keep pace with an ever-evolving security landscape and succeed in their pursuit to protect people and critical assets.
Your greatest work is ahead!
The Area Security Officer will interpret security policy on matters pertaining to processing, dissemination, and controlling of classified materials. Coordinates information with internal and external security offices, divisions, and capable of providing clear concise communication, and developing solutions for those customers. This position is contingent upon contract award.
What you’ll be doing:
- Provide technical security expertise in personnel, physical/industrial, computer investigations, and operations security.
- Utilize security concepts, principles and practices to analyze and resolve difficult and complex security issues.
- Monitor and manage security programs and provides status reports and recommendations for decisions.
- Monitor security applications through the review and analysis of appropriate metrics and maintains required records.
- Interpret security policy on matters pertaining to processing, dissemination, and controlling of classified materials.
- Receive, control and safeguard SCI and collateral information.
- Prepare both SCI and collateral materials for shipment to other agencies/sites IAW applicable security handling procedures.
- Prepare outgoing classified messages on employees/contractor visiting other government facilities.
- Monitor and manage security operations and provide government with status reports and recommendations for decisions.
- Provide agency-level technical expertise concerning physical security, industrial security, foreign disclosure/release and information security.
- Provide industrial security guidance to contractors using the NISPOM requirements, monitors security applications through the review and analysis of appropriate metrics.
- Conduct risk management surveys and renders recommendations and, if warranted, impact statements.
- Provide guidance to internal and external customers, as required, in implementing security requirements.
- Update and maintain appropriate records (e.g., database and hardcopy) of classification decisions, recommendations, etc.
- Conduct inspections and performs staff assistance visits, as required.
- Liaise with members of the DoD, the Intelligence Community (IC) and other officials as required to keep abreast of current issues, as required and insofar as protocol permits.
What does Leidos need from me?
- Top Secret/SCI (TS/SCI) security clearance required. Candidate will be subject to a Polygraph examination.
- Bachelor's degree with eleven plus years of experience or equivalent. Additional experience may be considered in lieu of degree.
- Minimum of five plus years specialized experience in working security programs.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills and be proficient with Microsoft Office software.
- Experience with national security program directives and standards.
- Ability to analyze complex data and make appropriate program recommendations.
- Ability to interact with all levels of personnel internal and external.
- Ability to work independently and with little supervision in customer's facilities.
- Build rapport with military personnel, civilians, and other contractors at all levels of DoD, IC, and NGA
- Ability to perform security briefings, one-on-one and to large groups.
Pay Range:Pay Range $75,400.00 - $116,000.00 - $156,600.00
The Leidos pay range for this job level is a general guideline only and not a guarantee of compensation or salary. Additional factors considered in extending an offer include (but are not limited to) responsibilities of the job, education, experience, knowledge, skills, and abilities, as well as internal equity, alignment with market data, applicable bargaining agreement (if any), or other law.
Leidos is a Fortune 500® technology, engineering, and science solutions and services leader working to solve the world’s toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, civil, and health markets. The company’s 46,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, Leidos reported annual revenues of approximately $14.4 billion for the fiscal year ended December 30, 2022. For more information, visit www.Leidos.com.
Pay and Benefits
Pay and benefits are fundamental to any career decision. That's why we craft compensation packages that reflect the importance of the work we do for our customers. Employment benefits include competitive compensation, Health and Wellness programs, Income Protection, Paid Leave and Retirement. More details are available here.
Securing Your Data
Beware of fake employment opportunities using Leidos’ name. Leidos will never ask you to provide payment-related information during any part of the employment application process (i.e., ask you for money), nor will Leidos ever advance money as part of the hiring process (i.e., send you a check or money order before doing any work). Further, Leidos will only communicate with you through emails that are generated by the Leidos.com automated system – never from free commercial services (e.g., Gmail, Yahoo, Hotmail) or via WhatsApp, Telegram, etc. If you received an email purporting to be from Leidos that asks for payment-related information or any other personal information (e.g., about you or your previous employer), and you are concerned about its legitimacy, please make us aware immediately by emailing us at [email protected].
If you believe you are the victim of a scam, contact your local law enforcement and report the incident to the U.S. Federal Trade Commission.
Commitment to Diversity
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, ethnicity, age, national origin, citizenship, religion, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, pregnancy, family structure, marital status, ancestry, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran or military status, or any other basis prohibited by law. Leidos will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with relevant laws.