Leidos is looking for an organized and motivated Business Systems Analyst to join our team of engineers, analysts, and task leaders in providing technical support to the Cybersecurity & Infrastructure Security Agency’s (CISA) Emergency Communications Division (ECD) for the national security and emergency preparedness (NS/EP) Priority Telecommunications Services (PTS) Program. Supporting the ECD mission, the Business Systems Analyst will support the PTS Operational Support System (PTS OSS) Modernization (v2.0) project in activities including, but not limited to, documentation support, ad-hoc reporting, meeting facilitation, and project management supporting tasks. This is a new position on a long-standing Leidos prime program.
This position requires providing professional expertise to address life cycle management of the Information Technology (IT) systems that support the PTS Program. PTS OSS is series of web applications that provide support to the PTS Program, users and vendors. The components of the system consist of virtual machines, application software, and leveraged services that make the system work. The Business Systems Analyst will work both independently and as part of a team on managing and maintaining the existing and future PTS OSS.
- Support the PTS OSS Modernization (v2.0) project in activities including, but not limited to, documentation support, ad-hoc reporting, meeting facilitation, and project management supporting tasks
- Gather key requirements from stakeholders and produce useful reports and analysis to support software development lifecycle (SDLC)
- Produce meeting minutes, facilitate and present reports, analysis, or findings
- Document, implement, and maintain standard operating procedures, Performance Management, and SDLC work product in a centralized government approved repository
- Participate in test development, testing, and capture test metrics
- Assist with obtaining document samples and test data and creating mockups for testing if needed for specific use cases related to deployments
- Identify tools and process improvements to address performance gaps
- Test and validate solutions to meet stakeholder business needs and requirements
- Work with applicable SMEs to define measurement approach and data sources for metrics
- Work with PTS OSS Modernization team to obtain feedback from end user community
- Reevaluate performance metrics as innovation and efficiencies are gained over the life of the contract and support minimally viable product (MVP) efforts
- Provide regular analysis and recommendations for refresh actions
- Work closely with engineering, operations, cyber, customer experience, and finance to recommend and build business cases for improvements
- Work with operational and training teams to update and review knowledge management documentation, as well as SOPs and lessons learned for improvements, as applicable
- Capture synergies in performance, risks, and cost by evaluating metrics, assessing user feedback, and ensuring alignment with requirements
- Roll up metrics reports from BA team for CISA ECD and CIO leadership
- Communicate with internal team and cross-functional team members across multiple areas
- Work to influence project/team leaders regarding solution design, process and/or approaches
- Coordinate all work product development with Government Program Manager and key stakeholders
- Requires BS and 4-8 years of prior relevant experience or Masters with 2-6 years of prior relevant experience
- Must be US CItizen with ability to obtain a secret clearance
- Requires deep understanding of and ability to apply principles, theories, and concepts of project management
- Demonstrated ability to work independently to achieve day-to-day objectives with significant impact on operational results or project deliverables
- Experience creating business cases
- Explains technical solutions, practices, and procedures to technical resources, project managers, and customers at various levels through excellent written and oral communication skills
- Fluent in use of Microsoft Office Suite (e.g., MS Excel, Power Point, Word, Visio)
- Knowledge and experience with process management tools and methodologies
- Demonstrated experience consulting with business SMEs and leaders, including identifying needs, developing deliverables, and presenting results/recommendations to enable outcomes
- CISA/U.S. Government Experience
- Project Management Experience
- This is a National Capitol Region (NCR) telework position that involves participation in virtual meetings and occasional in-person meetings with Leidos team and Government staff at various locations in the NCR.
Pay Range:Pay Range $66,300.00 - $102,000.00 - $137,700.00
The Leidos pay range for this job level is a general guideline only and not a guarantee of compensation or salary. Additional factors considered in extending an offer include (but are not limited to) responsibilities of the job, education, experience, knowledge, skills, and abilities, as well as internal equity, alignment with market data, applicable bargaining agreement (if any), or other law.
Leidos is a Fortune 500® technology, engineering, and science solutions and services leader working to solve the world’s toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, civil, and health markets. The company’s 45,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, Leidos reported annual revenues of approximately $14.4 billion for the fiscal year ended December 30, 2022. For more information, visit www.Leidos.com.
Pay and Benefits
Pay and benefits are fundamental to any career decision. That's why we craft compensation packages that reflect the importance of the work we do for our customers. Employment benefits include competitive compensation, Health and Wellness programs, Income Protection, Paid Leave and Retirement. More details are available here.
Securing Your Data
Beware of fake employment opportunities using Leidos’ name. Leidos will never ask you to provide payment-related information during any part of the employment application process (i.e., ask you for money), nor will Leidos ever advance money as part of the hiring process (i.e., send you a check or money order before doing any work). Further, Leidos will only communicate with you through emails that are generated by the Leidos.com automated system – never from free commercial services (e.g., Gmail, Yahoo, Hotmail) or via WhatsApp, Telegram, etc. If you received an email purporting to be from Leidos that asks for payment-related information or any other personal information (e.g., about you or your previous employer), and you are concerned about its legitimacy, please make us aware immediately by emailing us at [email protected].
If you believe you are the victim of a scam, contact your local law enforcement and report the incident to the U.S. Federal Trade Commission.
Commitment to Diversity
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, ethnicity, age, national origin, citizenship, religion, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, pregnancy, family structure, marital status, ancestry, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran or military status, or any other basis prohibited by law. Leidos will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with relevant laws.