Leidos Maritime Systems Division has an exciting opportunity for an Junior Electronics Technician for the RADIAC Program. The employee will be based at San Diego, at the Point Loma Naval Base, supporting systems development at Naval Information Warfare Center, Pacific. There will be approximately 10% travel required, this position does not offer teleworking. Position requires a Secret security clearance.
A Junior Electronics Technician is sought for installation and general electronics support and testing for a radiation detection system. Candidates will be part of a world-class team responsible for the manufacture and testing of various electro-mechanical devices. Work will involve both prototype and production systems.
In addition, system installation and system field testing will be required as part of the position. The candidate must be able to perform routine design and test tasks independently without supervision.
- Installation of sensor payloads for ground vehicles
- Develop tools to aid in sensor installation and testing
- Conduct operational and survivability testing
- Create and manage CAD models of components and assemblies
- Configuration management of mechanical systems and assembly procedures
- Works independently on larger, moderately complex projects/assignments
- Develop solutions to technical problems that require depth of technical knowledge, but are typically limited in complexity.
- Basic proficiency with Computer Aided Drafting(CAD) skills, SolidWorks or SolidEdge preferred.
- Ability to document work processes
- Effective communications skills.
- Ability to work in a team-oriented environment.
- Ability to obtain a DoD Secret clearance.
- Competent in use of Microsoft Office tools (Word, Excel, PowerPoint) and Microsoft Project.
- Bachelor's degree in related discipline; or AA degree and 2 years of related experience; or High School diploma and 5 years of related experience.
- Proficiency with machine shop tools, mill, lathe, CNC, 3D Printer
- Willing to travel for short periods of time to support project requirements.
- Position requires a minimum of 1-3 years prior relevant technical training and testing experience.
Must have Qualifications:
- Have a broad technical curiosity, with a demonstrated ability to learn new subjects and skills quickly and effectively.
- Be able to effectively interact with, articulate opinions, and receive feedback from other technical team members.
- Be well-organized, detail-oriented, self-starter with good interpersonal skills.
- Have experience reading, interpreting, and understanding basic engineering drawings and schematics.
Pay Range:Pay Range $37,050.00 - $57,000.00 - $76,950.00
The Leidos pay range for this job level is a general guideline only and not a guarantee of compensation or salary. Additional factors considered in extending an offer include (but are not limited to) responsibilities of the job, education, experience, knowledge, skills, and abilities, as well as internal equity, alignment with market data, applicable bargaining agreement (if any), or other law.
Leidos is a Fortune 500® technology, engineering, and science solutions and services leader working to solve the world’s toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, civil, and health markets. The company’s 47,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, Leidos reported annual revenues of approximately $14.4 billion for the fiscal year ended December 30, 2022. For more information, visit www.Leidos.com.
Pay and Benefits
Pay and benefits are fundamental to any career decision. That's why we craft compensation packages that reflect the importance of the work we do for our customers. Employment benefits include competitive compensation, Health and Wellness programs, Income Protection, Paid Leave and Retirement. More details are available here.
Securing Your Data
Beware of fake employment opportunities using Leidos’ name. Leidos will never ask you to provide payment-related information during any part of the employment application process (i.e., ask you for money), nor will Leidos ever advance money as part of the hiring process (i.e., send you a check or money order before doing any work). Further, Leidos will only communicate with you through emails that are generated by the Leidos.com automated system – never from free commercial services (e.g., Gmail, Yahoo, Hotmail) or via WhatsApp, Telegram, etc. If you received an email purporting to be from Leidos that asks for payment-related information or any other personal information (e.g., about you or your previous employer), and you are concerned about its legitimacy, please make us aware immediately by emailing us at [email protected].
If you believe you are the victim of a scam, contact your local law enforcement and report the incident to the U.S. Federal Trade Commission.
Commitment to Diversity
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, ethnicity, age, national origin, citizenship, religion, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, pregnancy, family structure, marital status, ancestry, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran or military status, or any other basis prohibited by law. Leidos will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with relevant laws.