Leidos is currently seeking a Software Engineer (SWE) for the Visualizing Enterprise Geospatial Analytics (VEGA) Business Intelligence tool on the Sustainment for Analysis Services (SAS) Program. As a leader you will architect, design, build, and enhance a highly available and scalable web application used by customers worldwide. The responsibilities for this position include all aspects of the software development lifecycle including scope and work estimation, architecture and design, coding, and automated testing within an Agile model. In this role, you will join a dynamic team that is singularly focused on providing world class solutions to our customer in an exciting, collaborative, and inclusive atmosphere. You will be challenged and provided a tremendous opportunity for growth in a customer-facing, fast-paced, and fun environment.
You will direct major deliverables of projects through all aspects of the software development lifecycle including scope and work estimation, architecture and design, coding, and unit testing. Additionally, you will determine and recommend the best designs based on customer business objectives, timelines, and other resource constraints.
Position can also be performed in the following locations:
- Alexandria, VA
- St. Louis, MO
- Tucson, AZ
Clearance Level Required:
Top Secret/SCI with Polygraph
- Provide technical leadership and deliver an innovative product, service, or a combination of products and services that address a customer's specific requirements.
- Provide engineering expertise and guidance for the design, development, implementation, and sustainment of the mission requirements and enhance overall system security, performance, and availability.
- Provide documentation of the tools and processes used to build and install the software in the production environment.
- Provide regular system requirements and capabilities updates to the client, applying current industrial software development best practices that include iterative and incremental project management techniques and agile software development.
- Interact with the team leads to understand the current system, subsystems, and component specifications and be able to use experience to recommend changes to facilitate efficient and effective development.
- US citizenship is required per contract.
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Software Engineering, or related field and 12-15 years of prior relevant experience or Master’s with 10-13 years of prior relevant experience.
- Hands-on expertise with software frameworks including Django and React.
- Hands-on expertise with database software including Oracle Database, MySQL, Microsoft SQL Server, PostgreSQL, and MongoDB.
- Strong proficiency with basic web technologies including HTML, CSS, REST, JSON, and Tomcat.
- Demonstrated proficiency with web application technologies and deployment environments, including Docker, Kafka, and Kubernetes.
- Experience architecting, developing, and delivering complex software systems into production.
- Strong understanding of modern software design patterns and coding standards.
- Experience leading multi-disciplined technical project teams and setting the technical direction.
- Working knowledge of Agile development and continuous integration and continuous delivery methodologies and tools.
- Experience with a version control system (e.g., Git, and Jenkins).
- Experience with an issue/problem tracking system (e.g., Jira).
- Proficiency with multiple operating systems (Windows, Linux, etc.).
- Interest and ability to learn new programming languages, tools, frameworks, and techniques.
- Cloud certifications such as AWS DevOps Engineer or similar.
- Hands-on experience with Agile management tools such as Jira, Bitbucket, GitLab, Confluence
- Hands-on experience with continuous integration and delivery tools such as Jenkins, SonarQube, JUnit, Cucumber, Selenium, JMeter.
- Experience with positively leading teams to delivery along with hands on support with development.
This position has a target range for compensation of $160,000 - $180,000. This is a firm fixed price contract and does not allow for negotiations outside of this target range.
Pay Range:Pay Range $118,300.00 - $182,000.00 - $245,700.00
The Leidos pay range for this job level is a general guideline only and not a guarantee of compensation or salary. Additional factors considered in extending an offer include (but are not limited to) responsibilities of the job, education, experience, knowledge, skills, and abilities, as well as internal equity, alignment with market data, applicable bargaining agreement (if any), or other law.
Leidos is a Fortune 500® technology, engineering, and science solutions and services leader working to solve the world’s toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, civil, and health markets. The company’s 45,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, Leidos reported annual revenues of approximately $14.4 billion for the fiscal year ended December 30, 2022. For more information, visit www.Leidos.com.
Pay and Benefits
Pay and benefits are fundamental to any career decision. That's why we craft compensation packages that reflect the importance of the work we do for our customers. Employment benefits include competitive compensation, Health and Wellness programs, Income Protection, Paid Leave and Retirement. More details are available here.
Securing Your Data
Beware of fake employment opportunities using Leidos’ name. Leidos will never ask you to provide payment-related information during any part of the employment application process (i.e., ask you for money), nor will Leidos ever advance money as part of the hiring process (i.e., send you a check or money order before doing any work). Further, Leidos will only communicate with you through emails that are generated by the Leidos.com automated system – never from free commercial services (e.g., Gmail, Yahoo, Hotmail) or via WhatsApp, Telegram, etc. If you received an email purporting to be from Leidos that asks for payment-related information or any other personal information (e.g., about you or your previous employer), and you are concerned about its legitimacy, please make us aware immediately by emailing us at [email protected].
If you believe you are the victim of a scam, contact your local law enforcement and report the incident to the U.S. Federal Trade Commission.
Commitment to Diversity
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, ethnicity, age, national origin, citizenship, religion, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, pregnancy, family structure, marital status, ancestry, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran or military status, or any other basis prohibited by law. Leidos will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with relevant laws.