Are you ready to work on a program that supports mission focused projects? Join us at Leidos, where your most important work is ahead! You will enjoy great benefits such as paid time off (PTO), flexible schedules, discounted stock purchase plans, career growth, unlimited education and training support, parental paid leave and more! You will have the opportunity to work under the best leadership in the industry at all levels; where supporting their employees and what they do-is what matters.
On this program we work super hard but also has fun. We have chili cooks offs, Pi Day with Pies, lunches brought in for the teams and program, end of year celebrations, recognition awards and much, much more.
This is a high profile program supporting projects working on highly visible applications AND building the next generation of these applications.
In this role as a Cyber Security InfoSec Engineer, you target, assess, exploit, and report risks and vulnerabilities of information systems to provide senior decision makers with actionable data. Cyber Security Engineers are responsible for IT security/vulnerability assessments and managing overall systems security using network and security-related hardware and software.
- Utilize A&A workflows and tools to implement ICD 503 risk managements security standards, NIST 800.53 standards and industry standards
- Provide, review and enter responses into the cyber risk management platform, and update risks
- Identify common controls and draft common control language for the cyber risk management platform
- Provide guidance on the Sponsor’s information assurance policies and regulations
- Perform security maintenance duties, such as performing analyses of vulnerabilities and providing recommended resolutions
- Maintain awareness of system level changes, ensure proper patch levels, and upload cyclic scans to the appropriate repositories
- Achieve and maintain system accreditation, including providing guidance, plans, and evidence and maintaining documentation
- Perform regular reviews, such as audits, and review security test results
- Participate in or lead technical exchange meetings and application review boards and document action items and results
- Brief management on status
- Active TS/SCI with Polygraph
- Prior experience with programs of similar size and complexity
- Experience with the Sponsor and the Sponsor’s mission
- Typically requires BS degree and 12-15 years of prior relevant experience or Masters with 10+ years of prior relevant experience, additional years of experience in lieu of degree
- Demonstrated work experience in cyber security or related IT field
- Demonstrated experience performing complex technical tasks with minimal direction
- Demonstrated experience designing, testing, or implementing IT security architecture
- Demonstrated experience performing network security analysis
- Demonstrated experience developing risk management methodologies
- Demonstrated experience analyzing test results to develop risk/threat mitigation plans
- Demonstrated experience communicating vulnerability results and risk posture to senior executives
- BS in Mechanical Engineering, Electrical Engineering, or Computer Sciences with 12+ years of experience. Additional experience in lieu of degree.
- Certified Information Systems Security Professional (CISSP)
- Experience with the Sponsor’s entitlement management programs
- Experience with security tools such as Rapid7, AppDetective, NMAP and WebInspect
- Experience with Linus, Windows, Virtual and Cloud Platforms
- Experience using security accredications systems such as Xacta
- AWS certification(s), MS Azure Certifications
Pay Range:Pay Range $118,300.00 - $182,000.00 - $245,700.00
The Leidos pay range for this job level is a general guideline only and not a guarantee of compensation or salary. Additional factors considered in extending an offer include (but are not limited to) responsibilities of the job, education, experience, knowledge, skills, and abilities, as well as internal equity, alignment with market data, applicable bargaining agreement (if any), or other law.
Leidos is a Fortune 500® technology, engineering, and science solutions and services leader working to solve the world’s toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, civil, and health markets. The company’s 45,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, Leidos reported annual revenues of approximately $14.4 billion for the fiscal year ended December 30, 2022. For more information, visit www.Leidos.com.
Pay and Benefits
Pay and benefits are fundamental to any career decision. That's why we craft compensation packages that reflect the importance of the work we do for our customers. Employment benefits include competitive compensation, Health and Wellness programs, Income Protection, Paid Leave and Retirement. More details are available here.
Securing Your Data
Beware of fake employment opportunities using Leidos’ name. Leidos will never ask you to provide payment-related information during any part of the employment application process (i.e., ask you for money), nor will Leidos ever advance money as part of the hiring process (i.e., send you a check or money order before doing any work). Further, Leidos will only communicate with you through emails that are generated by the Leidos.com automated system – never from free commercial services (e.g., Gmail, Yahoo, Hotmail) or via WhatsApp, Telegram, etc. If you received an email purporting to be from Leidos that asks for payment-related information or any other personal information (e.g., about you or your previous employer), and you are concerned about its legitimacy, please make us aware immediately by emailing us at [email protected].
If you believe you are the victim of a scam, contact your local law enforcement and report the incident to the U.S. Federal Trade Commission.
Commitment to Diversity
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, ethnicity, age, national origin, citizenship, religion, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, pregnancy, family structure, marital status, ancestry, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran or military status, or any other basis prohibited by law. Leidos will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with relevant laws.