Our Leidos team current currently has a position for an experienced Cyber Systems and IT Security Administrator professional.
This position requires a person with experience managing and deploying various systems related to cyber security
systems. The person should have a strong information assurance background understanding IPS, IDS and Scanning
systems. He or she should also understand the accreditation process and be able to apply policies to existing systems based off of current Laws, Regulations, Policies and Guidance.
The candidate must by 8570 compliant with a current operating system or network system certification in addition to the security accreditation.
Our ideal candidate will excel at working in a team consisting of information assurance and network engineer professionals. A strong customer focus is a must with a desire to interact with our government customer is a requirement for this position. Leidos is looking for a strong systems administrator to become part of our team at the Virginia Beach (Lynnhaven area) location.
The successful candidate will have a strong operating system and cyber security background with some training experience of system administration. He or she will be responsible for managing the functionality and efficiency of multiple platforms using multiple operating systems and providing instruction for system administration training.
• Set up and administer accounts as well as maintain system documentation
• Analyzes system faults and troubleshoots and runs diagnostic tests on operating systems and hardware to detect
• Will be responsible for setting up and maintaining multiple computers systems.
• Works with development team with enhancements to the systems.
• Evaluates and installs developed software during various phases of testing
• Install system wide software and implement critical system patches
• Administers and/or oversees systems/environment solutions for multiple projects with varying schedules which are critical to the success of programs
• Coordinate installation and development of strategy, design, and implementation
• Maintaining system documentation
• Perform diagnostic tests on operating systems and hardware to detect problems
• Tuning system performance
• Participate in the creation of the overall management plan
• Installing system-wide software
• May determine methods and procedures on new assignments and provide guidance to more junior personnel
• Familiarity with LINUX and Windows
• Experience developing/delivering SysAdmin training
Qualifications - External
• Bachelor’s Degree and 12 years of prior experience. Additional years of experience can be considered in lieu of degree
• Active TS/SCI clearance
• IAT Level 2
• Security+ certification
• IAT Level 3
• CISSP or CASP+
• Familiarity with LINUX and Windows
• Master Training Specialist
Pay Range:Pay Range $78,000.00 - $120,000.00 - $162,000.00
The Leidos pay range for this job level is a general guideline only and not a guarantee of compensation or salary. Additional factors considered in extending an offer include (but are not limited to) responsibilities of the job, education, experience, knowledge, skills, and abilities, as well as internal equity, alignment with market data, applicable bargaining agreement (if any), or other law.
Leidos is a Fortune 500® technology, engineering, and science solutions and services leader working to solve the world’s toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, civil, and health markets. The company’s 45,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, Leidos reported annual revenues of approximately $14.4 billion for the fiscal year ended December 30, 2022. For more information, visit www.Leidos.com.
Pay and Benefits
Pay and benefits are fundamental to any career decision. That's why we craft compensation packages that reflect the importance of the work we do for our customers. Employment benefits include competitive compensation, Health and Wellness programs, Income Protection, Paid Leave and Retirement. More details are available here.
Securing Your Data
Beware of fake employment opportunities using Leidos’ name. Leidos will never ask you to provide payment-related information during any part of the employment application process (i.e., ask you for money), nor will Leidos ever advance money as part of the hiring process (i.e., send you a check or money order before doing any work). Further, Leidos will only communicate with you through emails that are generated by the Leidos.com automated system – never from free commercial services (e.g., Gmail, Yahoo, Hotmail) or via WhatsApp, Telegram, etc. If you received an email purporting to be from Leidos that asks for payment-related information or any other personal information (e.g., about you or your previous employer), and you are concerned about its legitimacy, please make us aware immediately by emailing us at [email protected].
If you believe you are the victim of a scam, contact your local law enforcement and report the incident to the U.S. Federal Trade Commission.
Commitment to Diversity
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, ethnicity, age, national origin, citizenship, religion, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, pregnancy, family structure, marital status, ancestry, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran or military status, or any other basis prohibited by law. Leidos will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with relevant laws.