Are you a Software Engineer who wants to lead and perform software development tasks for our team that is focused on the modeling, simulation, and related tool development supporting the analysis of aerospace weapons, sensors, and related C4ISR entities? The employee will work with a diverse team of developers and engineers to develop solutions to complex technical problems while supporting DoD and intelligence community projects. This position is based in Beavercreek, OH. However, there is flexibility for candidates to work from home on a part-time basis. You will design and optimize software platforms and applications to advance national security objectives, conduct analysis and produce impactful results, disseminate findings, and contribute to publications and presentations with real-world applications.
Regular tasks will include:
-Work closely with customers, senior principal investigators, software developers, and program managers on small teams to design and optimize software models and simulations to support our DoD customers’ goals related to remote sensing and sensor data exploitation.
- Support multiple simultaneous projects and take open-ended or high-level guidance, independently and collaboratively make discoveries that are mission-relevant, and package and deliver the findings to a non-technical audience
- Exercise your intellectual curiosity, quantitative acumen, and customer-focus to identify and create novel capabilities across a range of fields to improve the performance of modeling and simulation processes.
- Apply your strong background in experiment design, exploratory analysis, quantitative methods, user interface application design, and experience with customer outreach and engagement.
To be successful in this role you need the following:
- US Citizen
- Ability to obtain and maintain a TS//SCI clearance
- BS Degree from an ABET accredited school in Computer Science, Software Engineering, Computer Engineering, Electrical Engineering, or a closely related field and 8+ years
- Strong familiarity with the principles of related disciplines such as Computer Vision, Natural Language Processing, Machine Learning, Predictive Modeling, Statistical Analysis, and Hypothesis Testing.
- Experience with web-based development, C++, Python, MATLAB, Jira, agile development, MySQL and/or AFSIM models and architectures.
- Familiarity with radar, aircraft, missile, and/or space systems.
- Be able to support multiple simultaneous projects and effectively take high-level guidance
- Ability to work independently or collaboratively to make mission-relevant discoveries
- Good communication skills to effectively convey your work to a variety of technical and non-technical audiences
- A self-starter with a proven track record of active learning and creative problem solving
- Experience with Linux and Windows operating systems
You will wow us even more if you have these skills:
- Active SECRET or TS//SCI clearance.
- Proficiency with AFSIM
- Proficient in object-oriented program languages such as C++
- Ability to analyze and assess software development or data acquisition requirements and determine optimum, cost-effective solutions
- Have significant experience directly supporting defense community customers where you demonstrated progressive technical development and produced mission-focused outcomes
-Experience blending analytical methodologies and leveraging existing COTS/GOTS/OS tools in unconventional manners
- Proven ability to lead project development efforts
- Familiarity using Git, SVN, JIRA, or other version control technologies
- Familiarity with embedded hardware/software development principles
Pay Range:Pay Range $97,500.00 - $150,000.00 - $202,500.00
The Leidos pay range for this job level is a general guideline only and not a guarantee of compensation or salary. Additional factors considered in extending an offer include (but are not limited to) responsibilities of the job, education, experience, knowledge, skills, and abilities, as well as internal equity, alignment with market data, applicable bargaining agreement (if any), or other law.
Leidos is a Fortune 500® technology, engineering, and science solutions and services leader working to solve the world’s toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, civil, and health markets. The company’s 45,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, Leidos reported annual revenues of approximately $14.4 billion for the fiscal year ended December 30, 2022. For more information, visit www.Leidos.com.
Pay and Benefits
Pay and benefits are fundamental to any career decision. That's why we craft compensation packages that reflect the importance of the work we do for our customers. Employment benefits include competitive compensation, Health and Wellness programs, Income Protection, Paid Leave and Retirement. More details are available here.
Securing Your Data
Beware of fake employment opportunities using Leidos’ name. Leidos will never ask you to provide payment-related information during any part of the employment application process (i.e., ask you for money), nor will Leidos ever advance money as part of the hiring process (i.e., send you a check or money order before doing any work). Further, Leidos will only communicate with you through emails that are generated by the Leidos.com automated system – never from free commercial services (e.g., Gmail, Yahoo, Hotmail) or via WhatsApp, Telegram, etc. If you received an email purporting to be from Leidos that asks for payment-related information or any other personal information (e.g., about you or your previous employer), and you are concerned about its legitimacy, please make us aware immediately by emailing us at [email protected].
If you believe you are the victim of a scam, contact your local law enforcement and report the incident to the U.S. Federal Trade Commission.
Commitment to Diversity
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, ethnicity, age, national origin, citizenship, religion, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, pregnancy, family structure, marital status, ancestry, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran or military status, or any other basis prohibited by law. Leidos will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with relevant laws.