Leidos is seeking a Network Engineer with strong expertise in firewalls and load balancers to join our Defense Enclave Services (DES) team at Ft. Meade.
The DES program supports a highly demanding mission and requires support to provide expert technical and professional management support to DISA enterprise Information Technology (IT) services. You will be working in support of a large and complex IT discovery, design, and migration effort towards a Single Service Provider model for the Department of Defense. This role will support the discovery analysis and design activities required to migrate common IT services from multiple large-scale DoD agencies into DoDNet. Leidos needs the best talent in the industry to accommodate the size, scope, and complexity of this effort. A successful candidate will be technically well-rounded, producing quality work with special attention to the right details.
•Must hold an active Secret security clearance. (US Citizenship required)
- Plan and design secure network solutions to consolidate connectivity services under an enterprise service. Essential to consolidation planning, collaborate with key stakeholders and technical experts to perform legacy environment discovery, assessing current capabilities, configurations, and unique requirements to develop a design and architecture leveraging approved design patterns.
- Design secure wide area connectivity inclusive of underlay, overlay, and COI transport design that supports performance, quality of service, security, and mission requirements.
- Design secure access solutions leveraging wired and wireless technologies, integrating standards, use cases/scenarios, and develop associated implementation and transition plans.
- Integrate capacity planning and scaling of network and security stack environments into the overall design of solutions.
- Collect, analyze, and identify network optimization strategies and techniques to meet capacity and performance standards.
- Identify legacy service paths (i.e. dataflow, firewall rulesets, and ACLs) and develop strategies and designs for the to-be enterprise service capability to meet requirements while balancing security, sustainability, and maintainability.
- Develop IP addressing schemes across IPv4 and IPv6 networks.
- Collaborate with information assurance teams to ensure compliance to DoD standards and provide supporting accreditation artifacts.
- Design and implement specific network solutions to support enterprise service requirements to include load-balancing, VPN’s, firewall contexts, Traffic Shaping Voice over IP (VoIP), GRE Tunneling, IP Security (IPSec), IP Encryption, and network address translation (NAT) where appropriate.
•Bachelor’s degree with 8+ years of experience; additional years of directly applicable experience may be accepted in lieu of a degree.
•Must have an active DoD IAT Level II (Security+ ) certification or equivalent prior to start.
•Proficiency with enterprise-class firewall technologies, proxies, load balancers, and other IP/transport specific management tools (EMS) and general practices. Expertise in IP technologies, i.e. Networking architectures and methodologies.
•This position requires extensive writing and the selected candidate MUST have superb writing skills.
• Demonstrated expertise in the design and consolidation of network and security environments across geographically dispersed sites
•Expert Knowledge of DoD security requirements for network environments.
•Proficiency in at least one of the following tools: PaloAlto Panorama, SolarWinds, Cisco Prime, or Junos Space.
Pay Range:Pay Range $84,500.00 - $130,000.00 - $175,500.00
The Leidos pay range for this job level is a general guideline only and not a guarantee of compensation or salary. Additional factors considered in extending an offer include (but are not limited to) responsibilities of the job, education, experience, knowledge, skills, and abilities, as well as internal equity, alignment with market data, applicable bargaining agreement (if any), or other law.
Leidos is a Fortune 500® technology, engineering, and science solutions and services leader working to solve the world’s toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, civil, and health markets. The company’s 45,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, Leidos reported annual revenues of approximately $14.4 billion for the fiscal year ended December 30, 2022. For more information, visit www.Leidos.com.
Pay and Benefits
Pay and benefits are fundamental to any career decision. That's why we craft compensation packages that reflect the importance of the work we do for our customers. Employment benefits include competitive compensation, Health and Wellness programs, Income Protection, Paid Leave and Retirement. More details are available here.
Securing Your Data
Beware of fake employment opportunities using Leidos’ name. Leidos will never ask you to provide payment-related information during any part of the employment application process (i.e., ask you for money), nor will Leidos ever advance money as part of the hiring process (i.e., send you a check or money order before doing any work). Further, Leidos will only communicate with you through emails that are generated by the Leidos.com automated system – never from free commercial services (e.g., Gmail, Yahoo, Hotmail) or via WhatsApp, Telegram, etc. If you received an email purporting to be from Leidos that asks for payment-related information or any other personal information (e.g., about you or your previous employer), and you are concerned about its legitimacy, please make us aware immediately by emailing us at [email protected].
If you believe you are the victim of a scam, contact your local law enforcement and report the incident to the U.S. Federal Trade Commission.
Commitment to Diversity
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, ethnicity, age, national origin, citizenship, religion, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, pregnancy, family structure, marital status, ancestry, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran or military status, or any other basis prohibited by law. Leidos will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with relevant laws.