Leidos is looking for a Linux / VMWare Systems Administrator to support the ESA V program in Lorton, VA. ESA V is an IT applications and infrastructure services program supporting several customers within the Department of Justice (DOJ). The program provides a range of IT services, including software application support, enterprise infrastructure support, service desk, ITSM, deskside support, workstation engineering and maintenance, telecommunications and mobility engineering services, managed print services, Active Directory services, and video conferencing. This customer unit is responsible for providing field communications support to their field agents, officers and investigators worldwide. This position will provide system administration services to manage and maintain the equipment, networks and web applications that support the field communications systems deployed by our customer.
Schedule: Work hours are Monday through Friday, 9am – 5pm EST.
Location: This position is onsite at the customer site in Lorton, VA. Working remotely 1 day a week may be an option after being onsite for several weeks.
The candidate will be skilled in CentOS 7 and later, VMWare vSphere, VMWare vCenter Server, secure network architectures, hardware procurement/maintenance, system/network management tools, backup solutions, BigFix patch management, Windows Server 2019 and later, Active Directory, Active Directory Certificate Services (AD CS), Internet Information Services (IIS), OpenSSL, and Windows 10. This position requires working in a fast-paced, dynamic environment. The ideal candidate will be personable and articulate, and will focus on making sure that the customer’s needs are met quickly and effectively. The selected candidate will be a self-starter who can work with limited supervision. Excellent communication skills are required to effectively interface with customers to understand requirements, issues and mission needs, and then to be able to translate them into actions.
Candidate selected will be subject to a Government Public Trust security investigation and must meet eligibility requirements for access to the customer’s information. Current clearance is not required, but selected individual cannot start the assignment until the required security clearance is granted by the customer. This process is currently taking 10+ weeks.
- Learn a new Government system and provide support for all systems issues.
- Provide operations and maintenance (O&M) support for a mission-critical government system; requiring broad and deep knowledge across the applicable technologies
- CentOS, Linux servers
- VMWare vSphere, VMWare vCenter Server & VSAN
- Dell PowerEdge R940 servers & iDRAC
- BigFix Patch Management; deploy patches & fixlets from BigFix to endpoint servers & clients; ensure latest patches are being downloaded; develop maintenance windows to ensure minimal downtime when applying patches, ensure patches are tested prior to being deployed to operational servers & clients
- Internet Information Services (IIS); ensure that web services are available for certificate authority information access (AIA) and other services as required
- Install, configure, provide O&M support for the Linux environment
- Build and install VMWare infrastructure, which encompasses hardware, servers, and virtual machines, using a VMware environment such as vSphere. Configure the environment for production by creating user accounts, controlling access to networks, and managing storage and security
- Working with the SME to provide operations and maintenance (O&M) support for a mission-critical government system
- Windows Server 2012 R2 & later
- Active Directory (AD) structure to ensure high availability and data consistency for AD objects, users, groups & organizational units; ensure AD is available for various authentication services used by users and/or equipment
- Active Directory Certificate Services (AD CS); ensure that domain controller certificates remain current, CRLs are updated, certificates are revoked as needed
- Configuration management process to ensure consistent & secure modifications to equipment configurations
- Maintain and develop technical documentation and diagrams related to the field communications systems equipment & networks
- Bachelor’s degree with 8+ years of experience or a Masters degree with 6+ years experience. High school diploma with 4+ years experience may be considered in lieu of a degree.
- Extensive experience configuring, implementing and troubleshooting with following technologies:
- CentOS 7 & later
- VMWare vSphere & VMWare vCenter Server
- Dell PowerEdge R940 servers & iDRAC
- Internet Information Services (IIS)
- Experience working in a Linux environment
- Candidate selected will be subject to a Government Public Trust security investigation and must meet eligibility requirements for access to the customer’s information, selected individual cannot start the assignment until the required security clearance is granted by the customer.
- Ability to obtain and maintain a public trust clearance
- US Citizenship
- Experience providing O&M support to complex, mission-critical systems
- Experience working independently and collaboratively to troubleshoot and correct operational issues
- Ability to work and brief customers to include senior management
- Excellent communication skills and customer interface experience
- RHEL experience with certification
- Experience with information security (IS) best practices & Federal Information Security Modernization Act (FISMA), and accreditation
- Windows Server 2012 R2 & later
- BigFix Patch Management
- Active Directory (AD), AD Certificate Services
- Experience with configuration management process
- Technical Writing and Documentation Experience
- Government contracting experience, particularly with the DOJ
- DOJ Clearance
- Understanding Splunk connectivity.
- Veeam Backup and Replication.
- PRTG Network Monitoring.
Salary Range for this position: $105K to $120K
Pay Range:Pay Range $84,500.00 - $130,000.00 - $175,500.00
The Leidos pay range for this job level is a general guideline only and not a guarantee of compensation or salary. Additional factors considered in extending an offer include (but are not limited to) responsibilities of the job, education, experience, knowledge, skills, and abilities, as well as internal equity, alignment with market data, applicable bargaining agreement (if any), or other law.
Leidos is a Fortune 500® technology, engineering, and science solutions and services leader working to solve the world’s toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, civil, and health markets. The company’s 45,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, Leidos reported annual revenues of approximately $14.4 billion for the fiscal year ended December 30, 2022. For more information, visit www.Leidos.com.
Pay and Benefits
Pay and benefits are fundamental to any career decision. That's why we craft compensation packages that reflect the importance of the work we do for our customers. Employment benefits include competitive compensation, Health and Wellness programs, Income Protection, Paid Leave and Retirement. More details are available here.
Securing Your Data
Beware of fake employment opportunities using Leidos’ name. Leidos will never ask you to provide payment-related information during any part of the employment application process (i.e., ask you for money), nor will Leidos ever advance money as part of the hiring process (i.e., send you a check or money order before doing any work). Further, Leidos will only communicate with you through emails that are generated by the Leidos.com automated system – never from free commercial services (e.g., Gmail, Yahoo, Hotmail) or via WhatsApp, Telegram, etc. If you received an email purporting to be from Leidos that asks for payment-related information or any other personal information (e.g., about you or your previous employer), and you are concerned about its legitimacy, please make us aware immediately by emailing us at [email protected].
If you believe you are the victim of a scam, contact your local law enforcement and report the incident to the U.S. Federal Trade Commission.
Commitment to Diversity
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, ethnicity, age, national origin, citizenship, religion, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, pregnancy, family structure, marital status, ancestry, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran or military status, or any other basis prohibited by law. Leidos will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with relevant laws.