Leidos is seeking candidates for the position of Cloud Engineer, contingent upon contract award, supporting the National Institutes of Health (NIH) in Bethesda, MD.
Candidate must be local to the DC Metro area for hybrid work.
The candidate will serve as a cloud engineer in a team environment that will maintain full functionality of IT systems in accordance with the standards. The type of services required to be provided are: Overall Project / Contract Management; IT Service Desk / Desktop Support o Infrastructure Operations / System Administration / Cloud support; and Service Delivery / Specialized projects / Subject Matter Consulting. The candidate is expected to work independently and collaboratively in a team environment with good communication and interpersonal skills to work in a customer-focused team environment. Candidate will be a member of an experienced project team.
Education and Experience Requirements:
- Bachelor’s degree from an accredited institute, (preferably in Mathematics, Information Technology, Computer Science, Engineering or Management).
- Minimum (5) years of experience administering AWS Enterprise Cloud (EC), including managing, operating, and administering of AWS services.
- AWS Certified SysOps Administrator.
- Experience developing and deploying cloud solutions in multiple technologies (AWS, Azure, Google).
- Experience with AWS deployment of AWS services, including CloudFormation, AWS Code and Deploy Pipeline, managing, and deploying ECR images, experience in AWS service deployment, monitoring, and operational support of production environments.
- Experience with management of applications running within containers, including ECS or EC2.
- Experience with virtualization.
- Experience setting up and maintaining System architecture/design documentation, System maintenance documentation, and Standard Operating Procedures (SOPs).
- Must have excellent writing, communication, and organizational skills, team orientation, and strong interpersonal skills. Able to handle multiple priorities and deadlines.
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment both independently and in a team.
- Flexible and able to adapt to new processes and requirements in a dynamic environment.
- Ability to manage workload within multiple projects, delivering results within agreed deadlines.
Requires ability to obtain a Public Trust clearance
- One or more of the following certifications: AWS Certified Cloud Practitioner, Microsoft Azure Administrator, AWS Certified Security.
Pay Range:Pay Range $78,000.00 - $120,000.00 - $162,000.00
The Leidos pay range for this job level is a general guideline only and not a guarantee of compensation or salary. Additional factors considered in extending an offer include (but are not limited to) responsibilities of the job, education, experience, knowledge, skills, and abilities, as well as internal equity, alignment with market data, applicable bargaining agreement (if any), or other law.
Leidos is a Fortune 500® technology, engineering, and science solutions and services leader working to solve the world’s toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, civil, and health markets. The company’s 45,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, Leidos reported annual revenues of approximately $14.4 billion for the fiscal year ended December 30, 2022. For more information, visit www.Leidos.com.
Pay and Benefits
Pay and benefits are fundamental to any career decision. That's why we craft compensation packages that reflect the importance of the work we do for our customers. Employment benefits include competitive compensation, Health and Wellness programs, Income Protection, Paid Leave and Retirement. More details are available here.
Securing Your Data
Beware of fake employment opportunities using Leidos’ name. Leidos will never ask you to provide payment-related information during any part of the employment application process (i.e., ask you for money), nor will Leidos ever advance money as part of the hiring process (i.e., send you a check or money order before doing any work). Further, Leidos will only communicate with you through emails that are generated by the Leidos.com automated system – never from free commercial services (e.g., Gmail, Yahoo, Hotmail) or via WhatsApp, Telegram, etc. If you received an email purporting to be from Leidos that asks for payment-related information or any other personal information (e.g., about you or your previous employer), and you are concerned about its legitimacy, please make us aware immediately by emailing us at [email protected].
If you believe you are the victim of a scam, contact your local law enforcement and report the incident to the U.S. Federal Trade Commission.
Commitment to Diversity
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, ethnicity, age, national origin, citizenship, religion, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, pregnancy, family structure, marital status, ancestry, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran or military status, or any other basis prohibited by law. Leidos will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with relevant laws.