Are you ready to join Leidos all-star team? Through training, teamwork, and exposure to challenging technical work, let Leidos show how to accelerate your career path.
The Leidos Innovations Center has an exciting opening for you as our next Technical Security Engineer to assist with the release of a state-of-the-art technology stack supporting a developing National Media Exploitation Center (NMEC) program. In this position, you will work primarily at our office in Bethesda, MD to provide technical security expertise in our cloud and on-premise infrastructure. You will be required to lean on your experience with security technologies and industry best practices while employing effective security solutions. We are looking for someone who can demonstrate strong cross functional collaboration in areas such as, but not limited to, development, product, and QA in a dynamic and fast paced environment. This exciting new Task Order award will commence July 2023.
You will work closely with other infrastructure and network engineers, and system engineers on the following key tasks:
- Provide technical guidance to team members while employing security solutions
- Perform vulnerability scanning and produce documentation and reports to assist remediation
- Create, improve, and maintain security policies and procedures
- Provide operating system hardening and system patching guidance based on DISA STIGs and NIST publications
- Analyze security incidents and provide recommendations for resolution
- Provide support to other teams on the program on security related matters.
- Maintain Elasticsearch/Kibana SIEM EDR tools
- Monitor tools, audit logs, and security logs
This is you:
- Bachelor’s Degree and 6+ years of prior relevant experience or Masters with 2-4 years of prior relevant experience
- 3+ years of experience as a Technical Security Engineer or similar role
- Must possess an Active Top Secret clearance and ability to obtain TS/SCI with Poly
- Solid understanding of security best practices
- Experience vulnerability assessments and compliance testing
- Experience using Tenable Security Center and all components
- Experience with Agile practices
- Experience with technologies such as Linux, Windows, firewalls, gateways, proxies, VPCs, and public key infrastructure.
- Experience with designing proven security solutions.
- Experience supporting ATOs, PoAMs, etc.
- 8570 Level II certification
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Enthusiastic with the ability to work well on a team and a self-starter who can work on their own
You will wow us even more if you have these skills:
- Experience with OIDC or Oauth2
- Experience with the Atlassian software suite
- Experience with any of the following technologies:
- Kubernetes, Rancher, or Cloudera
- CI/CD tools like Jenkins or Gitlab
- Salt or Ansible
- Active Directory
- SQL and NoSQL databases
Pay Range:Pay Range $78,000.00 - $120,000.00 - $162,000.00
The Leidos pay range for this job level is a general guideline only and not a guarantee of compensation or salary. Additional factors considered in extending an offer include (but are not limited to) responsibilities of the job, education, experience, knowledge, skills, and abilities, as well as internal equity, alignment with market data, applicable bargaining agreement (if any), or other law.
Leidos is a Fortune 500® technology, engineering, and science solutions and services leader working to solve the world’s toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, civil, and health markets. The company’s 47,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, Leidos reported annual revenues of approximately $14.4 billion for the fiscal year ended December 30, 2022. For more information, visit www.Leidos.com.
Pay and Benefits
Pay and benefits are fundamental to any career decision. That's why we craft compensation packages that reflect the importance of the work we do for our customers. Employment benefits include competitive compensation, Health and Wellness programs, Income Protection, Paid Leave and Retirement. More details are available here.
Securing Your Data
Beware of fake employment opportunities using Leidos’ name. Leidos will never ask you to provide payment-related information during any part of the employment application process (i.e., ask you for money), nor will Leidos ever advance money as part of the hiring process (i.e., send you a check or money order before doing any work). Further, Leidos will only communicate with you through emails that are generated by the Leidos.com automated system – never from free commercial services (e.g., Gmail, Yahoo, Hotmail) or via WhatsApp, Telegram, etc. If you received an email purporting to be from Leidos that asks for payment-related information or any other personal information (e.g., about you or your previous employer), and you are concerned about its legitimacy, please make us aware immediately by emailing us at [email protected].
If you believe you are the victim of a scam, contact your local law enforcement and report the incident to the U.S. Federal Trade Commission.
Commitment to Diversity
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, ethnicity, age, national origin, citizenship, religion, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, pregnancy, family structure, marital status, ancestry, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran or military status, or any other basis prohibited by law. Leidos will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with relevant laws.