Leidos is seeking a Network Architect to join our Defense Enclave Services (DES) team at Ft. Meade, MD.
The DES program is a highly demanding mission and requires expert technical and professional management to support DISA's enterprise Information Technology (IT) services. You will be supporting a large and complex IT discovery, design, and migration effort towards a Single Service Provider model for the Department of Defense. This role will include discovery analysis and design activities required to migrate common IT services from multiple large-scale DoD agencies into DoDNet.
• Must possess an active Secret security clearance OR be eligible for submission and able to maintain an active Secret security clearance once granted. (US Citizenship required)
•Plan and design secure network solutions to consolidate connectivity services under an enterprise service.
•Partner with key stakeholders and technical experts to perform legacy environment discovery, assessing current capabilities, configurations, and unique requirements to develop a design and architecture leveraging approved design patterns.
•Design secure wide area connectivity inclusive of underlay, overlay, and COI transport design that supports performance, quality of service, security, and mission requirements.
•Provide secure access solutions leveraging wired and wireless technologies, integrating standards, use cases/scenarios, and develop associated implementation and transition plans.
•Integrate capacity planning and scaling of network and security stack environments into the overall design of solutions.
•Collect, investigate, and identify network optimization strategies and techniques to meet capacity and performance standards.
•Identify legacy service paths (i.e. dataflow, firewall rulesets, and ACLs) and develop strategies and designs for the to-be enterprise service capability to meet requirements while balancing security, sustainability, and maintainability.
•Support development of IP addressing schemes across IPv4 and IPv6 networks.
•Work with information assurance teams to ensure compliance to DoD standards to assist with providing accreditation artifacts.
- Minimum of a Bachelor’s degree in Science, Technology, Engineering and Math (preferred) with 8-12 years' experience or Master's degree with 6-10 years of experience (additional years of directly applicable experience may be accepted in lieu of a degree).
- Require network certification which shall meet or exceed a CCNA (comparable vender certification accepted upon review).
- Require active DoD IAT Level II (i.e. Security+) certification or equivalent prior to start.
- Experience documenting logical or physical designs using drawing tools (e.g. Visio, Powerpoint, Gliffy, Cameo, MagicDraw) to depict systems, subsystems, interfaces, components, and communications of I/T applications and infrastructure
- Experienced and comfortable with conducting technical troubleshooting to resolve issues.
- Experience conducting site surveys or analyzing data obtained from site surveys.
- Experience creating or executing a migration plan to move circuits, network traffic, services, applications, or data between environments or to a commercial cloud provider. Alternatively, experience planning or executing a technology refresh or lifecycle refresh of an existing I/T system.
- Heavily experienced in upgrading and LCR of network devices.
- Must have broad exposure to common I/T infrastructure networking in the areas of LAN, WAN, TCP/UDP, IPSec, VPN, Proxies, Routing(L2/L3), and Firewalls.
- Must have experience in working with two or more of the following vender network technologies: Cisco, Juniper, F5, Aruba, Palo Alto, Dell, Brocade, and Fortinet.
- Demonstrate experience in designing and implementing medium to large network infrastructure and producing corresponding technical documentation.
- Must be able to work as part of a team to troubleshoot and resolve complex network issues.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills. This shall include drafting SOPs and technical documentation.
- Must be able to present designs and plans to technical leadership personnel and boards for approvals.
- Certified Cisco Network Professional (CCNP) or equivalent.
- Demonstrate experience in one or more of the following enterprise network management tools such as PaloAlto Panorama, SolarWinds, Cisco Prime, Cisco DNA, What’s Up Gold, or Junos Space.
- Experience in designing and implementing VTC solutions.
- Experience with ScienceLogic SL1 and/or SolarWinds.
- Hands on experience with SD-WAN.
- Demonstrate expertise in design and improvement of complex and geographically enterprise networks.
- Expert knowledge of DoD security requirements for network infrastructure.
- Demonstrate experience in system hardening of network infrastructure to include DoD STIG implementation.
External Referral Eligible
Pay Range:Pay Range $84,500.00 - $130,000.00 - $175,500.00
The Leidos pay range for this job level is a general guideline only and not a guarantee of compensation or salary. Additional factors considered in extending an offer include (but are not limited to) responsibilities of the job, education, experience, knowledge, skills, and abilities, as well as internal equity, alignment with market data, applicable bargaining agreement (if any), or other law.
Leidos is a Fortune 500® technology, engineering, and science solutions and services leader working to solve the world’s toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, civil, and health markets. The company’s 47,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, Leidos reported annual revenues of approximately $14.4 billion for the fiscal year ended December 30, 2022. For more information, visit www.Leidos.com.
Pay and Benefits
Pay and benefits are fundamental to any career decision. That's why we craft compensation packages that reflect the importance of the work we do for our customers. Employment benefits include competitive compensation, Health and Wellness programs, Income Protection, Paid Leave and Retirement. More details are available here.
Securing Your Data
Beware of fake employment opportunities using Leidos’ name. Leidos will never ask you to provide payment-related information during any part of the employment application process (i.e., ask you for money), nor will Leidos ever advance money as part of the hiring process (i.e., send you a check or money order before doing any work). Further, Leidos will only communicate with you through emails that are generated by the Leidos.com automated system – never from free commercial services (e.g., Gmail, Yahoo, Hotmail) or via WhatsApp, Telegram, etc. If you received an email purporting to be from Leidos that asks for payment-related information or any other personal information (e.g., about you or your previous employer), and you are concerned about its legitimacy, please make us aware immediately by emailing us at [email protected].
If you believe you are the victim of a scam, contact your local law enforcement and report the incident to the U.S. Federal Trade Commission.
Commitment to Diversity
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, ethnicity, age, national origin, citizenship, religion, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, pregnancy, family structure, marital status, ancestry, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran or military status, or any other basis prohibited by law. Leidos will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with relevant laws.