Leidos is looking for a Document Management Technician - Records Management to serve as part of the litigation support team for the United States Attorney’s Office in Miami, FL. This is an entry level position on the litigation support team but serves an important role for a detail-oriented and organized office administrative support person. Approximately 70% of time will be spent in the office and 30% of time in the warehouse.
• Produce a variety of written documents utilizing varied and advanced word processing software functions, working from handwritten draft, edited copy, or electronic files created by another staff member.
• Responsible for maintaining the filing system for the Support Services Unit. This includes matching paperwork to the appropriate location and general maintenance of the filing system.
• Familiarity with Support Services functions which include receipt, storage and inventory sufficient to perform recurring requirements during day-to-day operations.
• Find and retrieve information from files in response to requests from authorized users.
• Gather materials to be filed from employees within the outside of the unit.
• Prepare USAO files to be archived.
• Make recurring and special messenger trips as necessary, answers telephone, refers callers to staff members or takes messages as appropriate.
• Prepare mass mailings, ensuring labels (addresses) are correct.
• Sort and distribute incoming/outgoing mail.
• Review and analyze data and information from multiple sources and perform data entry duties.
- Must be able to read and follow instructions.
- Must have typing/keyboarding skills and good communication skills.
- Must be knowledgeable user of the Government's office and network environment, including but not limited to, word processing, database, spreadsheet, imaging, and telecommunications systems.
- Must be able to lift at least 50 lbs. and operate warehouse equipment including but not limited to hand truck, flatbed, pallet jack, etc. (but not forklift or any other driven warehouse equipment).
- Must be a US Citizen and able to obtain and maintain a Public Trust clearance.
- Undergraduate degree.
- Ability to perform detailed work consistently, accurately, and under pressure extremely important.
- Litigation support experience.
This position is covered under the Service Contract Act and is subject to minimum wage requirements as well as the minimum Health and Welfare benefit. Leidos will ensure that all provisions are met through their wages and benefits. The pay for this position will be $16.20/hr.
In 2023, Leidos was ranked as one of the “World's Most Ethical Companies” by the Ethisphere Institute for the sixth consecutive year. We were also ranked #2 on the Forbes’ list of Best Employers for Veterans and #26 on Careers & The Disabled Magazine’s list of Top 50 Employers for the Disabled!
Pay Range:Pay Range -
The Leidos pay range for this job level is a general guideline only and not a guarantee of compensation or salary. Additional factors considered in extending an offer include (but are not limited to) responsibilities of the job, education, experience, knowledge, skills, and abilities, as well as internal equity, alignment with market data, applicable bargaining agreement (if any), or other law.
Original Posting Date:04/28/2023
While subject to change based on business needs, Leidos reasonably anticipates that this job requisition will remain open for at least 3 days with an anticipated close date of no earlier than 3 days after the original posting date as listed above.
Leidos is a Fortune 500® innovation company rapidly addressing the world’s most vexing challenges in national security and health. The company's global workforce of 47,000 collaborates to create smarter technology solutions for customers in heavily regulated industries. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, Leidos reported annual revenues of approximately $15.4 billion for the fiscal year ended December 29, 2023. For more information, visit www.Leidos.com.
Pay and Benefits
Pay and benefits are fundamental to any career decision. That's why we craft compensation packages that reflect the importance of the work we do for our customers. Employment benefits include competitive compensation, Health and Wellness programs, Income Protection, Paid Leave and Retirement. More details are available here.
Securing Your Data
Beware of fake employment opportunities using Leidos’ name. Leidos will never ask you to provide payment-related information during any part of the employment application process (i.e., ask you for money), nor will Leidos ever advance money as part of the hiring process (i.e., send you a check or money order before doing any work). Further, Leidos will only communicate with you through emails that are generated by the Leidos.com automated system – never from free commercial services (e.g., Gmail, Yahoo, Hotmail) or via WhatsApp, Telegram, etc. If you received an email purporting to be from Leidos that asks for payment-related information or any other personal information (e.g., about you or your previous employer), and you are concerned about its legitimacy, please make us aware immediately by emailing us at [email protected].
If you believe you are the victim of a scam, contact your local law enforcement and report the incident to the U.S. Federal Trade Commission.
Commitment to Diversity
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, ethnicity, age, national origin, citizenship, religion, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, pregnancy, family structure, marital status, ancestry, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran or military status, or any other basis prohibited by law. Leidos will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with relevant laws.