The Intelligence Group at Leidos has an opening for a Journeyman Geospatial Analyst to support our customer in St Louis MO. This is an exciting opportunity to use your experience in geospatial analysis to support a national security customer. As a Journeyman Geospatial Analyst, you will provide direct support to the customer to include, but not limited to high resolution terrain elevation production and precise point mensuration and triangulation activities. In addition, you will provide photogrammetric support for online and on-demand efforts for elevation data. The candidate should have a geospatial background and a strong ability to work with a team as well as independently conduct research and initiate projects as assigned.
- As a Journeyman Geospatial Analyst, you will provide direct support to the customer to include, but not limited to high resolution terrain elevation production and precise point mensuration and triangulation activities. In addition, you will provide photogrammetric support for online and on-demand efforts for elevation data.
- Assist in the integration and exploitation of new collection platforms.
- Provide Active Earthscape Services Digital Elevation Measurement (DEM) Generation, including, but not limited to:
- Determine void fill requirements for a geocell.
- Perform imagery and other DEM feasibility.
- Perform DEM generation via Active Earthscape.
- Perform DEM evaluations.
- Support the integration of Geomatics accuracy and integration checking capabilities in the quality assurance capability for quality assurance and the related training materials and process documentation to evaluate contractor, commercial and co-produced data.
- Provide data file management services during the production process, including but not limited to:
- Document and assess data deliveries.
- Perform manifest verification.
- Perform data ingest and load to customer systems.
- Manage data content and holdings.
- Provide DEM quality control, including but not limited to:
- Perform quality control Active Earthscape DEMs.
- Perform quality control on other DEMs generated in support of the customer program.
- Provide elevation data and product finishing.
- All candidates must have an ACTIVE TS/SCI level security clearance and willingness to obtain a POLY level clearance upon request is REQUIRED to be considered.
- Candidate must possess a minimum of 3 years relevant experience.
- Completion of a bachelor’s degree in a related field to the support services counts toward the experience requirements.
- Knowledge of terrain data, geodesy, photogrammetry, imagery data (e.g. EO, MSI) and GIS.
- Knowledge of processes used to generate terrain data.
- Knowledge of standard geospatial analysis software suites to include, but not limited to, ERDAS IMAGINE, ArcMap, ArcView, QTModeler, FalconView and Socet Set.
- Knowledge of GIS applications such as ArcGIS, ArcView, ArcExplorer, Google Earth and MS Virtual Earth.
- Knowledge of digital data formats including, but not limited to vector data, raster data shape file and spatial database, GML, XML.
- Experience with elevation data finishing suites.
- An understanding of Controlled Image Base, Topographic Line Maps, Digital Terrain Elevation Data, Shuttle Radar Topography Mission, National Technical Means, Digital Nautical Chart, Digital Point Positioning Database, boundary information, in relation to data capture and finishing processes..
- Active Earthscape DEM generation.
- Background in graphic arts or illustration.
- Ability to query various databases.
- Microsoft Office (Word and Excel).
Pay Range:Pay Range $63,050.00 - $97,000.00 - $130,950.00
The Leidos pay range for this job level is a general guideline only and not a guarantee of compensation or salary. Additional factors considered in extending an offer include (but are not limited to) responsibilities of the job, education, experience, knowledge, skills, and abilities, as well as internal equity, alignment with market data, applicable bargaining agreement (if any), or other law.
Leidos is a Fortune 500® technology, engineering, and science solutions and services leader working to solve the world’s toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, civil, and health markets. The company’s 45,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, Leidos reported annual revenues of approximately $14.4 billion for the fiscal year ended December 30, 2022. For more information, visit www.Leidos.com.
Pay and Benefits
Pay and benefits are fundamental to any career decision. That's why we craft compensation packages that reflect the importance of the work we do for our customers. Employment benefits include competitive compensation, Health and Wellness programs, Income Protection, Paid Leave and Retirement. More details are available here.
Securing Your Data
Beware of fake employment opportunities using Leidos’ name. Leidos will never ask you to provide payment-related information during any part of the employment application process (i.e., ask you for money), nor will Leidos ever advance money as part of the hiring process (i.e., send you a check or money order before doing any work). Further, Leidos will only communicate with you through emails that are generated by the Leidos.com automated system – never from free commercial services (e.g., Gmail, Yahoo, Hotmail) or via WhatsApp, Telegram, etc. If you received an email purporting to be from Leidos that asks for payment-related information or any other personal information (e.g., about you or your previous employer), and you are concerned about its legitimacy, please make us aware immediately by emailing us at [email protected].
If you believe you are the victim of a scam, contact your local law enforcement and report the incident to the U.S. Federal Trade Commission.
Commitment to Diversity
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, ethnicity, age, national origin, citizenship, religion, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, pregnancy, family structure, marital status, ancestry, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran or military status, or any other basis prohibited by law. Leidos will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with relevant laws.