Civil Engineer/Construction Inspector
Looking for an opportunity to make an impact?
Unleash your potential at Leidos, where we deliver innovative solutions through the efforts of our diverse and talented people who are dedicated to our customer’s success. We empower our teams, contribute to our communities, and operate sustainably. Everything we do is built on a commitment to do the right thing for our customers, our people, and our community. Our Mission, Vision, and Values guide the way we do business.
If this sounds like an environment where you can thrive, keep reading!
The Leidos Civil group is in search of a Civil Engineer (Construction Inspector) to join the National Airspace System (NAS) Integration Support Contract (NISC IV) program, providing support to the Federal Aviation Administration’s (FAA) Engineering Services Group. This is a hybrid position consisting of short and long-term travel throughout the FAA’s Central Service Area, remote and in-office work at the Southwest Regional Office located in Fort Worth, Texas.
Your greatest work is ahead!
Leidos Civil Group helps modernize infrastructure, systems, and security. We are a trusted partner to both government and highly-regulated commercial customers looking for transformative solutions in mission IT, security, software, engineering, and operations. We work with our customers including the FAA, DOE, NASA, National Science Foundation, Transportation Security Administration, Custom and Border Protection, airports, and electric utilities to make the world safer, healthier, and more efficient. Our customers take on the toughest challenges out there, and at times need a helping hand from specialists in their fields. We combine our scale as a Fortune 500 company with the deep technical knowledge of our core capabilities and the expertise of our talented and diverse workforce to deliver mission-centric innovations. For each of these core capabilities, we have developed proven, repeatable processes that help us deliver agile, cost-effective solutions to foster a better world.
To explore and learn more, click here!
Are you ready to make an impact? Begin your journey of a flourishing and meaningful career, share your resume with us today!
- Provide Construction Inspection support in the oversight of the construction and installation of equipment into the NAS.
- Reviews and concurs a Cutover Plan from Existing to Temporary System and then back to Permanent System for varies systems. i.e. UPS, Engine Generators, DC Bus Systems
- Ensures approved site-specific project drawings, plans and specifications for construction installations/replacement projects are followed by contractors in the field.
- May visit site before construction starts to survey worksite.
- Ensure all FAA and OSHA safely policies and procedures are followed for each project in the field.
- Document the project in the FAA Weekly Construction Report to include detailed descriptions of work performed, photo log to show critical materials, equipment and progress.
- Work and collaborate with the Project Engineer as technical resource while on all projects before, during and after construction has been completed.
- Recognizes problems in the field, gathers information to research issues/problems and provides solutions for issues/problems in the field.
- Provides oversight for safety in the implementation of their specific project. Will administer Take 5 initiative if issue/problem endangers the NAS or the safety of employees or contractors.
What Sets You Apart:
- Civil Engineering Degree (B.S.). Minimum 2 to 5 years of experience as Project Engineer and/or Resident Engineer with Civil Engineering Design and Project Management experience.
- Civil Engineering Degree (Master's). Minimum 3 years of experience as Project Engineer and/or Resident Engineer with Civil Engineering Design and Project Management experience.
- Ability to travel 75%
- Ability to obtain a Public Trust Suitability. (To be eligible for the FAA Public Trust you must be a US Citizen or a Green Card Holder who has resided in the US for the past 3 years).
- Proficiency in MS Office Suites
You Might Also Have:
- Knowledge of National Electric Code (NEC), National Fire Protection Assoc (NFPA) standards, National Airspace System Equipment Tower
- Knowledge of OSHA and general construction and electrical safety standards.
- Knowledge of shelters, roofing, and structures such as communication towers, ATCT buildings, Navigational Aids, and earthwork including roads and trenching
- Heating Ventilating and Air Conditioning (HVAC), general building construction techniques, codes and standards, Hazardous Materials (HAZMAT), fire detection, security, site work.
- Knowledge of NAS facilities such as ASR, ATCT, VOR, ARSR, RCAG.
- (NASET), National Airspace System Equipment Building (NASEB).
- Knowledge of Corporate Work Plan (CWP) 4.1.12
Pay Range:Pay Range $54,600.00 - $84,000.00 - $113,400.00
The Leidos pay range for this job level is a general guideline only and not a guarantee of compensation or salary. Additional factors considered in extending an offer include (but are not limited to) responsibilities of the job, education, experience, knowledge, skills, and abilities, as well as internal equity, alignment with market data, applicable bargaining agreement (if any), or other law.
Leidos is a Fortune 500® technology, engineering, and science solutions and services leader working to solve the world’s toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, civil, and health markets. The company’s 45,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, Leidos reported annual revenues of approximately $14.4 billion for the fiscal year ended December 30, 2022. For more information, visit www.Leidos.com.
Pay and Benefits
Pay and benefits are fundamental to any career decision. That's why we craft compensation packages that reflect the importance of the work we do for our customers. Employment benefits include competitive compensation, Health and Wellness programs, Income Protection, Paid Leave and Retirement. More details are available here.
Securing Your Data
Beware of fake employment opportunities using Leidos’ name. Leidos will never ask you to provide payment-related information during any part of the employment application process (i.e., ask you for money), nor will Leidos ever advance money as part of the hiring process (i.e., send you a check or money order before doing any work). Further, Leidos will only communicate with you through emails that are generated by the Leidos.com automated system – never from free commercial services (e.g., Gmail, Yahoo, Hotmail) or via WhatsApp, Telegram, etc. If you received an email purporting to be from Leidos that asks for payment-related information or any other personal information (e.g., about you or your previous employer), and you are concerned about its legitimacy, please make us aware immediately by emailing us at [email protected].
If you believe you are the victim of a scam, contact your local law enforcement and report the incident to the U.S. Federal Trade Commission.
Commitment to Diversity
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, ethnicity, age, national origin, citizenship, religion, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, pregnancy, family structure, marital status, ancestry, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran or military status, or any other basis prohibited by law. Leidos will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with relevant laws.