Leidos is seeking candidates for the position of Linux Systems Administrator, contingent upon contract award, supporting a federal government customer in Bethesda, MD.
must be local to the DC Metro area for hybrid work.
The candidate will serve as a Linux systems administrator in a team environment that will maintain full operations, maintenance, and support of an HPC cluster running Red Hat Linux, Bright Cluster Manager, and Altair Grid Engine. Additionally, the candidate must demonstrate the ability to work with scientists with supporting bioinformatics applications on the HPC cluster. The candidate is expected to work independently and collaboratively in a team environment with good communication and interpersonal skills to work in a customer-focused team environment. Candidate will be a member of an experienced project team.
Education and Experience Requirements:
- Red Hat Certified System Administrator (RHSA) or Red Hat Certified System Engineer (RHSE).
- Minimum of ten (10) years of experience installing and maintaining Red Hat and CentOS Linux in an enterprise environment.
- Bachelor’s degree in Mathematics, Information Technology, Computer Science, Engineering or Management
- Minimum of five (5) years of experience with Bright Cluster Manager and working with file and data permissions on network-hosted file shares and storage
- Minimum of three (3) years of experience with Cohesity.
- Proficient with Univa Grid Engine batch infrastructure configuration for daily operations.
- Experience with STIGs (Security Technical Implementation Guide) and resolve security vulnerabilities using tools such as BigFix, Carbon Black, Nessus, Cylance, and CIS Benchmark).
- Familiar with managing and maintaining Microsoft Active Directory Domain Services, DNS, and firewall configurations.
- Experience restoring data from tapes stored within Dell Power Vault Tape Libraries.
- Technical experience in compiling, installing, and testing open-source or COTS bioinformatics applications.
- Excellent problem management and troubleshooting skills and abilities to diagnose and resolve system related problems.
- Demonstrated experience with Incident, Configuration, and Change Management practices.
- Ability to obtain Public Trust Clearance and lived in the United States a minimum of 3 years.
- Certificate of Cloud Security Knowledge (CCSK), Comptia Cloud+, AWS Certified Solutions Architect Associate, Certified Azure Fundamentals or other industry-recognized certifications
Pay Range:Pay Range $84,500.00 - $130,000.00 - $175,500.00
The Leidos pay range for this job level is a general guideline only and not a guarantee of compensation or salary. Additional factors considered in extending an offer include (but are not limited to) responsibilities of the job, education, experience, knowledge, skills, and abilities, as well as internal equity, alignment with market data, applicable bargaining agreement (if any), or other law.
Leidos is a Fortune 500® technology, engineering, and science solutions and services leader working to solve the world’s toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, civil, and health markets. The company’s 47,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, Leidos reported annual revenues of approximately $14.4 billion for the fiscal year ended December 30, 2022. For more information, visit www.Leidos.com.
Pay and Benefits
Pay and benefits are fundamental to any career decision. That's why we craft compensation packages that reflect the importance of the work we do for our customers. Employment benefits include competitive compensation, Health and Wellness programs, Income Protection, Paid Leave and Retirement. More details are available here.
Securing Your Data
Beware of fake employment opportunities using Leidos’ name. Leidos will never ask you to provide payment-related information during any part of the employment application process (i.e., ask you for money), nor will Leidos ever advance money as part of the hiring process (i.e., send you a check or money order before doing any work). Further, Leidos will only communicate with you through emails that are generated by the Leidos.com automated system – never from free commercial services (e.g., Gmail, Yahoo, Hotmail) or via WhatsApp, Telegram, etc. If you received an email purporting to be from Leidos that asks for payment-related information or any other personal information (e.g., about you or your previous employer), and you are concerned about its legitimacy, please make us aware immediately by emailing us at [email protected].
If you believe you are the victim of a scam, contact your local law enforcement and report the incident to the U.S. Federal Trade Commission.
Commitment to Diversity
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, ethnicity, age, national origin, citizenship, religion, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, pregnancy, family structure, marital status, ancestry, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran or military status, or any other basis prohibited by law. Leidos will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with relevant laws.