Leidos is looking for a Technical Operations lead, contingent upon contract award, to provide technical oversight across cross-functional system engineering, operations, cloud, and on-premise infrastructure.
must be local to the DC Metro area for hybrid work.
- This position leads a team of professionals responsible for the management of on-premise and cloud infrastructure for a federal government customer in Bethesda, MD.
- Manages the day-to-day operations of tasks in assigned program area including technical work and staff supervision.
- Implements operations improvements to meet established objectives across multiple facilities.
- Investigates matters of significance, recommends, and implements appropriate course of action.
- Responsible for interacting with customers to handle service inquiries and problems. Duties include examining highly complex customer problems and suggesting and implementing appropriate corrective action to initiate a repair or return, troubleshoot in Windows and Apple desktop operating systems imaging, desktop applications, user profiles, and general system problems.
- Collaborate with product teams to understand platform and cloud challenges, identify solutions, and guide the teams in implementing the solution. Develop documentation as needed to support tasks like: process and procedures documents for operational support, lessons learned, diagrams, systems administration guidelines, systems set-up documentation, hardware integration test plans and results.
- Provide follow-up reports (technical findings, feedback, resolution steps taken) for root cause analysis, engineering technical assessment and process improvement initiatives.
Education and Experience Requirements:
- Bachelor’s degree in Mathematics, Information Technology, Computer Science, Engineering or Management
- Minimum ten (10) years specialized experience managing an enterprise infrastructure environment.
- Minimum five (5) years’ experience as an IT support manager including managing IT projects using MS Project.
- Ability to obtain Public Trust Clearance and lived in the United States a minimum of 3 years.
- One or more of the following: VMware Certified Professional (VCP), Modern Desktop Administrator Associate (MDAA), Microsoft Certified Solutions Expert (MCSE), CompTIA Linux+, Security+, Network+ or other industry certifications preferred.
Pay Range:Pay Range $84,500.00 - $130,000.00 - $175,500.00
The Leidos pay range for this job level is a general guideline only and not a guarantee of compensation or salary. Additional factors considered in extending an offer include (but are not limited to) responsibilities of the job, education, experience, knowledge, skills, and abilities, as well as internal equity, alignment with market data, applicable bargaining agreement (if any), or other law.
Leidos is a Fortune 500® technology, engineering, and science solutions and services leader working to solve the world’s toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, civil, and health markets. The company’s 45,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, Leidos reported annual revenues of approximately $14.4 billion for the fiscal year ended December 30, 2022. For more information, visit www.Leidos.com.
Pay and Benefits
Pay and benefits are fundamental to any career decision. That's why we craft compensation packages that reflect the importance of the work we do for our customers. Employment benefits include competitive compensation, Health and Wellness programs, Income Protection, Paid Leave and Retirement. More details are available here.
Securing Your Data
Beware of fake employment opportunities using Leidos’ name. Leidos will never ask you to provide payment-related information during any part of the employment application process (i.e., ask you for money), nor will Leidos ever advance money as part of the hiring process (i.e., send you a check or money order before doing any work). Further, Leidos will only communicate with you through emails that are generated by the Leidos.com automated system – never from free commercial services (e.g., Gmail, Yahoo, Hotmail) or via WhatsApp, Telegram, etc. If you received an email purporting to be from Leidos that asks for payment-related information or any other personal information (e.g., about you or your previous employer), and you are concerned about its legitimacy, please make us aware immediately by emailing us at [email protected].
If you believe you are the victim of a scam, contact your local law enforcement and report the incident to the U.S. Federal Trade Commission.
Commitment to Diversity
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, ethnicity, age, national origin, citizenship, religion, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, pregnancy, family structure, marital status, ancestry, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran or military status, or any other basis prohibited by law. Leidos will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with relevant laws.