Are you ready to work on projects that can potentially change the world? Join us at Leidos, where your most important work is ahead! You will enjoy great benefits such as 5 weeks of Paid Time Off, Flexible Schedules, Discounted Stock Purchase Plans, Unlimited Education and Training Support, Parental Paid Leave and more! If this sounds like a place you can thrive, keep reading!
The Leidos Intelligence Group has a career opportunity for a Junior Software Engineer (SWE 0) at our Leidos Facility in Columbia, MD. This opportunity supports working from home Monday and Friday!
*Candidates are eligible for enhanced incentives including up to a $20K cash sign on bonus or a paid time off bonus.
As a Junior Software Engineer you will develop, maintain, and enhance complex and diverse software systems (e.g., processing-intensive analytics, novel algorithm development, manipulation of extremely large data sets, real-time systems, and business management information systems) based upon documented requirements. In this role you will be responsible for hardware and software integration, infrastructure and provisioning. In addition to Python, other tools such as Ansible CM, Kubernetes, Cloud Technologies, Rancher, Containers as a service (Caas) will be used to accomplish tasks.
- Review and test software components for adherence to the design requirements and documents test results
- Resolve software problem reports. Utilize software development and software design methodologies appropriate to the development environment.
- Provide specific input to the software components of system design to include hardware/software trade-offs, software reuse, use of Commercial Off-the-shelf (COTS)/Government Off-the-shelf (GOTS) in place of new development, and requirements analysis and synthesis from system level to individual software components.
Security Clearance requirement:
- Must possess active TS/SCI with polygraph clearance to be considered for this role.
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or related discipline from an accredited college or university is required Four (4) years of SWE experience on projects with similar software processes may be substituted for a bachelor’s degree.
- Two or more years related experience
- Experience with hardware and software integration, Infrastructure and provisioning
- Experience with Ansible CM, Kubernetes, Cloud Technologies, Rancher, Containers as a service (Caas)
- Active TS/SCI with polygraph clearance
- Ability to perform full lifecycle support to the customer on complex data systems and networks.
- LINUX or UNIX administration/maintenance experience
- Some knowledge of SIGINT systems and dataflows
- Provide solutions to the customer applying expertise with systems engineering and networks/components to support.
- Provide technical guidance to the customer in relation to SIGINT systems.
- Ability to perform in a team environment.
- Candidates possessing system administration and/or network engineering backgrounds will be considered if they have the above skillset.
Pay Range:Pay Range $63,050.00 - $97,000.00 - $130,950.00
The Leidos pay range for this job level is a general guideline only and not a guarantee of compensation or salary. Additional factors considered in extending an offer include (but are not limited to) responsibilities of the job, education, experience, knowledge, skills, and abilities, as well as internal equity, alignment with market data, applicable bargaining agreement (if any), or other law.
Leidos is a Fortune 500® technology, engineering, and science solutions and services leader working to solve the world’s toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, civil, and health markets. The company’s 45,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, Leidos reported annual revenues of approximately $14.4 billion for the fiscal year ended December 30, 2022. For more information, visit www.Leidos.com.
Pay and Benefits
Pay and benefits are fundamental to any career decision. That's why we craft compensation packages that reflect the importance of the work we do for our customers. Employment benefits include competitive compensation, Health and Wellness programs, Income Protection, Paid Leave and Retirement. More details are available here.
Securing Your Data
Beware of fake employment opportunities using Leidos’ name. Leidos will never ask you to provide payment-related information during any part of the employment application process (i.e., ask you for money), nor will Leidos ever advance money as part of the hiring process (i.e., send you a check or money order before doing any work). Further, Leidos will only communicate with you through emails that are generated by the Leidos.com automated system – never from free commercial services (e.g., Gmail, Yahoo, Hotmail) or via WhatsApp, Telegram, etc. If you received an email purporting to be from Leidos that asks for payment-related information or any other personal information (e.g., about you or your previous employer), and you are concerned about its legitimacy, please make us aware immediately by emailing us at [email protected].
If you believe you are the victim of a scam, contact your local law enforcement and report the incident to the U.S. Federal Trade Commission.
Commitment to Diversity
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, ethnicity, age, national origin, citizenship, religion, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, pregnancy, family structure, marital status, ancestry, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran or military status, or any other basis prohibited by law. Leidos will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with relevant laws.