Looking to gain valuable management experience in Federal business development? Ready to be challenged in a fast, growing high up tempo business development team? The Military and Veterans Health Solutions (MVHS) Business Development Manager role is ideal for a project manager, customer success manager or communications analyst to expand their skills rapidly under mentorship from some of the best in the industry.
The position leads critical support activities for the MVHS senior account management and capture management teams. The BD Manager oversees a team that is responsible for opportunity qualification, customer meeting preparation, capture-specific marketing, competitive intelligence, proposal development to include RFI responses and white papers, business development operations and pipeline reporting. The BD Manager is a key leader in the MVHS BD team and reports to the BD VP for MVHS.
- Oversees the Operations BD rhythms to include pipeline and opportunity reviews and new business fund management.
- Manage and report on annual and ad hoc projects to achieve MVHS BD objectives, including forecasting, market research, and customer engagement.
- Produce high quality customer presentations
- Coordinates with DOD and VA account teams to qualify opportunities early in the business development lifecycle.
- Resources capture and proposal requests in a timely, effective manner.
- Manages a small team of proposal writers and coordinators to ensure excellence in white paper and proposal submissions of varying size and complexity across a diverse set of customers.
- Supports development of and population of content to a searchable proposal resource library.
- Collaborates with internal stakeholders (CTO office, Capture Operations & Excellence, Contracts, Finance) and external strategic partners. Meets regularly with strategic partners to review pipeline and capabilities.
- Manages the Operation’s tradeshow/conference sponsorship, community relations and thought leadership activities.
- Ensures account managers and capture managers have the equipment, proposal rooms and infrastructure they need. Supports onboarding of new hires.
- Interacts with marketing communications team to implement capture-specific marketing efforts.
- Assists Capture Managers in developing and maintaining accurate budgets.
- Assists in conducting proposal color reviews and/or collaborates with the assigned color review lead or chair in the conduct of color reviews that effectively achieve useful, actionable comments and recommendations from the review teams. Ensures color reviews are staffed with independent reviewers.
- Provide guidance to Operation BD staff and other functions regarding BD policies and procedures (e.g., Win Plan).
- Analyze and measure the effectiveness of existing business processes and develop sustainable, repeatable and quantifiable business process improvements. Duties include researching best business practices within and outside the organization, collecting and analyzing process and new information technologies, and recommending and implementing business practices that focus on automation, increased productivity, and/or reduced costs.
- Bachelor’s degree and 5+ years of prior relevant experience or Master’s with 3+ years of prior relevant experience. Two or more years of experience supervising or leading teams or projects.
- Experience with Microsoft Office suite (e.g. Outlook, PowerPoint, and Excel)
- Proficiency with the government contracting business development and financial terminology and concepts
- Strong leadership capability.
- Excellent written and oral communications skills
- Ability to collaborate with cross-functional teams
- Possess strong time management and prioritization skills, strong English language skills, excellent attention to detail, and good judgement in decision-making.
- Experience with Microsoft Dynamics (WinIt) or other CRM tools such as Salesforce
- Demonstrated understanding of Leidos Win Plan
- Understanding of annual financial planning / forecasting
- Project management experience
- Experience with visualization tools such as Power BI or Tableau
- Understanding of DOD and VA customers
- Ability to perform comprehensive and unbiased compliance reviews.
Pay Range:Pay Range $97,500.00 - $150,000.00 - $202,500.00
The Leidos pay range for this job level is a general guideline only and not a guarantee of compensation or salary. Additional factors considered in extending an offer include (but are not limited to) responsibilities of the job, education, experience, knowledge, skills, and abilities, as well as internal equity, alignment with market data, applicable bargaining agreement (if any), or other law.
Leidos is a Fortune 500® technology, engineering, and science solutions and services leader working to solve the world’s toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, civil, and health markets. The company’s 45,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, Leidos reported annual revenues of approximately $14.4 billion for the fiscal year ended December 30, 2022. For more information, visit www.Leidos.com.
Pay and Benefits
Pay and benefits are fundamental to any career decision. That's why we craft compensation packages that reflect the importance of the work we do for our customers. Employment benefits include competitive compensation, Health and Wellness programs, Income Protection, Paid Leave and Retirement. More details are available here.
Securing Your Data
Beware of fake employment opportunities using Leidos’ name. Leidos will never ask you to provide payment-related information during any part of the employment application process (i.e., ask you for money), nor will Leidos ever advance money as part of the hiring process (i.e., send you a check or money order before doing any work). Further, Leidos will only communicate with you through emails that are generated by the Leidos.com automated system – never from free commercial services (e.g., Gmail, Yahoo, Hotmail) or via WhatsApp, Telegram, etc. If you received an email purporting to be from Leidos that asks for payment-related information or any other personal information (e.g., about you or your previous employer), and you are concerned about its legitimacy, please make us aware immediately by emailing us at [email protected].
If you believe you are the victim of a scam, contact your local law enforcement and report the incident to the U.S. Federal Trade Commission.
Commitment to Diversity
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, ethnicity, age, national origin, citizenship, religion, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, pregnancy, family structure, marital status, ancestry, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran or military status, or any other basis prohibited by law. Leidos will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with relevant laws.