The Logistics and Mission Support (LMS) Operations of the Leidos Defense Group is seeking a Business Development Manager to lead the Business Development (BD) Navy account.
The Business Development (BD) Manager is responsible for all BD activities and strategy development to drive US Navy services support growth. The position will pursue new opportunities in the areas of logistics, mission operations, range services support, product modernization and upgrades; and will develop and execute the marketing and BD strategy. The position will be the creative and trusted agent of the Division Management and Functional Management to drive a culture of innovation and capture excellence. Responsible for the customer call plans. The candidate must thrive in an environment where they are responsible for the management and execution of the full BD life-cycle process across multiple simultaneous pursuits and proposals. In addition to building a qualified pipeline of opportunities, the BD Manager will help shape customer requirements, translate tacit customer needs into actionable features, drive differentiation in Leidos’ solutions and help create a compelling value proposition. The ideal candidate will have previously served as a business development manager and/or capture manager with proven experience supporting Navy customers.
Successful candidates will have the ability to conceptualize a vision for winning, to develop strategy and BD capture plans that implement the vision, and, to translate the strategy into win themes. Able to efficiently manage investments in marketing and Bid and Proposal (B&P) funds. The candidate is expected to be a critical partner with the technology team and solution architects and coalesce the division’s strategy along with the technology strategy.
- Grow the opportunity pipeline, to include existing as well as adjacent markets/customers, through diligent and timely identification/qualification of new business opportunities.
- Partner with the Leadership to refine the division strategy and shape a balanced portfolio.
- Lead and participate in the identification, qualification and pursuit of strategic business opportunities, and opportunities greater than $50M in value.
- Assign and optimize BD and capture resources amongst competing priorities.
- Drive collaboration across the organization to bring best-in-class solutions to the customer and maximize win probability.
- Seek and utilize market intelligence and competitor data to position the division for ensuring success.
- Participate as a thought leader in bid decisions, gate reviews and the development of cost strategies.
- Conduct customer visits and articulate current and emerging customer needs and requirements.
- Actively participate in capture activities, to include opportunity gate reviews, black hat sessions, collaboration and workshop sessions, proposal reviews and business case development
- Drive the development and submission of white papers and RFI responses to proactively shape strategic opportunities.
- Conduct after-action reviews for all business opportunity capture participants to document lessons learned and identify necessary adjustments to capture technique, strategy, and actions.
- Develop marketing and B&P budgets and execute BD plans within those approved budgets.
- Own and conduct monthly detailed pipeline reviews with Senior leadership.
- Attend tradeshows and execute customer call plans post tradeshows.
- Requires a BA degree and 12+ years of prior relevant experience or Masters with 10+ years of prior relevant experience.
- 5+ years of BD leadership experience in defense, security, or government services
- Demonstrated successes in leading $25M+ opportunities from identification through proposal submissions.
- Experience managing budgets of $5M+
- Demonstrated success in leading and growing DoD services business, especially with the US Navy.
- Ability to identify, establish and use important customer relationships with senior level officials and program stakeholders with DOD Customers, especially with the US Navy.
- Experience developing overall win strategy, shaping deals with customers, developing team strategies, understanding pricing and assisting in developing winning price.
- Knowledge of competitors and ability to model competitor behaviors in the market.
- Ability to identify key growth areas and develop new business aligned with the company's growth strategy.
- Proven ability to collaborate within and across organizational boundaries.
- Knowledge of Government contracting and current acquisition trends and customer buying behaviors.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills; experience presenting to senior executives, peers, and customers.
- Ability to empower and engage people and instill drive and passion into the organization.
- Secret level clearance required, TS preferred.
- 5 + years of BD leadership experience in mission-critical solutions in areas such as logistics, product support and modernization, and mission operations
- 5+ years of program management
- Management of a qualified pipeline of opportunities with a value of $2B+
- A technical degree is highly desired. Advanced degree preferred.
Pay Range:Pay Range $118,300.00 - $182,000.00 - $245,700.00
The Leidos pay range for this job level is a general guideline only and not a guarantee of compensation or salary. Additional factors considered in extending an offer include (but are not limited to) responsibilities of the job, education, experience, knowledge, skills, and abilities, as well as internal equity, alignment with market data, applicable bargaining agreement (if any), or other law.
Leidos is a Fortune 500® technology, engineering, and science solutions and services leader working to solve the world’s toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, civil, and health markets. The company’s 45,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, Leidos reported annual revenues of approximately $14.4 billion for the fiscal year ended December 30, 2022. For more information, visit www.Leidos.com.
Pay and Benefits
Pay and benefits are fundamental to any career decision. That's why we craft compensation packages that reflect the importance of the work we do for our customers. Employment benefits include competitive compensation, Health and Wellness programs, Income Protection, Paid Leave and Retirement. More details are available here.
Securing Your Data
Beware of fake employment opportunities using Leidos’ name. Leidos will never ask you to provide payment-related information during any part of the employment application process (i.e., ask you for money), nor will Leidos ever advance money as part of the hiring process (i.e., send you a check or money order before doing any work). Further, Leidos will only communicate with you through emails that are generated by the Leidos.com automated system – never from free commercial services (e.g., Gmail, Yahoo, Hotmail) or via WhatsApp, Telegram, etc. If you received an email purporting to be from Leidos that asks for payment-related information or any other personal information (e.g., about you or your previous employer), and you are concerned about its legitimacy, please make us aware immediately by emailing us at [email protected].
If you believe you are the victim of a scam, contact your local law enforcement and report the incident to the U.S. Federal Trade Commission.
Commitment to Diversity
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, ethnicity, age, national origin, citizenship, religion, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, pregnancy, family structure, marital status, ancestry, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran or military status, or any other basis prohibited by law. Leidos will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with relevant laws.