Leidos is looking for a Quality Assurance Specialist / Senior Technical Writer to join a high performing agile team using the Scaled Agile Framework (SAFe) methodology to support a nationally significant and fast-paced cryptographic key management program. Program execution follows DEVOPS best practices and employs robust development, test and production environments. We are using Behavior Driven Development (BDD) and test automation tools alongside a full suite of team collaboration tools. Leidos is the prime contractor providing system engineering, development, test, integration, and operational support. The multi-year program is focused on injecting new technology and adding advanced capabilities while continuing to support an on-going mission and operational system.
The selected individual will be responsible for preparation, review, revision, and quality assurance of all activities required to successfully develop and publish program deliverables in accordance with the Statement of Work (SOW) and Contract Data Requirement List (CDRL). The individual will ensure that documents conform to program standards and Data Item Description (DID) requirements. Strong attention to detail and focus on task completion is critical. The ideal candidate will have recent experience creating templates using styles and formats in MS Word. The selected individual must be able to handle multiple documentation efforts, must have a passion for quality, and should be self-motivated.
Primary Roles and Responsibilities:
- Perform quality assurance reviews on contractual documentation.
- Format documentation to adhere to program template and deliverable requirements.
- Work with the deliverable authors to ensure that quality assurance and customer comments have been addressed.
- Review and submit contract deliverables and reports.
Security Clearance Requirement:
- Must possess an active TS/SCI with Polygraph security clearance to be considered for this role.
- Ability to multi-task, complete tasks without direct supervision, and function effectively in a dynamic, fast-paced environment.
- Bachelor’s degree and eight (8) to twelve (12) years of prior relevant experience or a master’s degree with six (6) to ten (10) years of prior relevant experience.
- Proficiency with MS Office Products (Word, Excel, Visio, PowerPoint, & Project)
- Strong technical writing and grammar (punctuation, spelling, usage) skills
- Strong oral communication skills
- Must be an independent thinker capable of working independently as well as within a team.
- Must have the ability to effectively plan and prioritize tasking and pro-actively take initiative when issues arise.
- Self-motivated, problem solver.
- Proficiency with advanced features of MS Word
- Minimum 4 years of experience in effectively preparing technical publications to include writing, editing, illustration, and quality assurance review.
- Minimum 2 years of experience with writing or reviewing technical documentation following DoD standards.
- Recent experience within a cyber security operational organization
- Experience working with multi-disciplinary technical development teams.
- Experience working on an agile program and team.
Pay Range:Pay Range $75,400.00 - $116,000.00 - $156,600.00
The Leidos pay range for this job level is a general guideline only and not a guarantee of compensation or salary. Additional factors considered in extending an offer include (but are not limited to) responsibilities of the job, education, experience, knowledge, skills, and abilities, as well as internal equity, alignment with market data, applicable bargaining agreement (if any), or other law.
Leidos is a Fortune 500® technology, engineering, and science solutions and services leader working to solve the world’s toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, civil, and health markets. The company’s 45,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, Leidos reported annual revenues of approximately $14.4 billion for the fiscal year ended December 30, 2022. For more information, visit www.Leidos.com.
Pay and Benefits
Pay and benefits are fundamental to any career decision. That's why we craft compensation packages that reflect the importance of the work we do for our customers. Employment benefits include competitive compensation, Health and Wellness programs, Income Protection, Paid Leave and Retirement. More details are available here.
Securing Your Data
Beware of fake employment opportunities using Leidos’ name. Leidos will never ask you to provide payment-related information during any part of the employment application process (i.e., ask you for money), nor will Leidos ever advance money as part of the hiring process (i.e., send you a check or money order before doing any work). Further, Leidos will only communicate with you through emails that are generated by the Leidos.com automated system – never from free commercial services (e.g., Gmail, Yahoo, Hotmail) or via WhatsApp, Telegram, etc. If you received an email purporting to be from Leidos that asks for payment-related information or any other personal information (e.g., about you or your previous employer), and you are concerned about its legitimacy, please make us aware immediately by emailing us at [email protected].
If you believe you are the victim of a scam, contact your local law enforcement and report the incident to the U.S. Federal Trade Commission.
Commitment to Diversity
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, ethnicity, age, national origin, citizenship, religion, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, pregnancy, family structure, marital status, ancestry, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran or military status, or any other basis prohibited by law. Leidos will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with relevant laws.