Looking for an opportunity to make an impact?
At Leidos, we deliver innovative solutions through the efforts of our diverse and talented people who are dedicated to our customer’s success. We empower our teams, contribute to our communities, and operate sustainably. Everything we do is built on a commitment to do the right thing for our customers, our people, and our community. Our Mission, Vision, and Values guide the way we do business.
Varec Inc., a Leidos company has an opening for a Technical Support Analyst. This position is in Peachtree Corners, GA. Varec is a worldwide leader in fuels management systems for total asset visibility and control, supplying integrated hardware and software solutions to oil and gas, defense, and aviation markets. The Varec FuelsManager® suite of product solutions has been a longtime standard of major oil companies and the U.S. Department of Defense, as well as aviation tank farm operators and service providers. With its headquarters and manufacturing facility outside of Atlanta, Georgia, Varec also has offices in Virginia, Australia and the United Kingdom. For more information, visit www.varec.com
This position will provide 24/7/365 operation support to include holidays on a rotational basis (Quarterly). The shifts will rotate between day shift (7am-3pm) mid shift (3pm-11pm) and night shift (11pm-7am) Weekend shifts (if on weekends for the month) would be twelve hour shifts (day and night).
The Technical Support Analyst functions as the FuelsManager® Defense (FMD), Base Level Support Application (BLSA) Subject Matter Expert for all advanced support requests generated from DLA Energy Customers both at the local base and enterprise levels. In addition to application support, the Technical Support Analyst provides advanced operating systems, network architecture and security posture configuration triage, analysis, and incident management life-cycle support resolution. They develop sound problem resolutions, processes, and or approved work-around solutions until a fully approved solution is available. The Technical Support Analyst develops and maintains advanced technical document library for support issues to expedite problem solutions with minimum down time. They are required to be Subject Matter Experts (SME) on the Energy programs and processes necessary to supervise, train, and mentor assigned staff members with all duties assigned for their position.
Responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Works to achieve day-to-day objectives with moderate impact on the area/ project team. Maintaining acceptable service level agreement (SLA) standards as they are established in the external and internal standard operating procedures (SOP).
- Establishes and maintains a positive working relationship with all DLA service representatives and service control points through accurate written and verbal problem descriptions pertaining to site visit requests, hardware replacements, etc. that are triaged from the base level customer.
- May assist other technical staff with tasks and assignments with aiding coworkers through training, education and mentoring processes with troubleshooting techniques when addressing problem issues that arise with the FuelsManager® Defense and third-party software that are used by end users.
- Addresses somewhat complex technical issues/problems using internal best practice and through collaboration with colleagues to identify advanced technical, Tier III support issues related to the FuelsManager® Defense software suite and route them accordingly.
- Develops solutions to technical problems that require depth of technical knowledge by identifying software discrepancies Analyzes process flows to determine / recommend possible business process changes and provides technical documentation for proposed solutions to other defense support teams and management.
- Communicates with colleagues across multiple areas (project managers, other technical resources, etc. on support issue that require problem escalation and additional oversight.
- Requires working knowledge of and ability to apply standards, principles, theories, concepts, and techniques of technical domain.
- Manages, develops, and creates supporting documentation of problem resolution findings to all support analysts and other support departments.
- Performs quality inspections on equipment and application configuration for remote customers support requirements.
- Bachelor’s degree with 2-4 years of prior relevant experience or master’s with less than 2 years of prior relevant experience. Operational relevant experience more than 6 years in lieu of a degree will be considered.
- Must be able to obtain a Government IT Public Trust IT2 security clearance.
- DOD 8570-01 IAT II Level Certification and Computing Environment Certification upon hire. (Security+ or CCNA Security or CySA+ or GICSP or GESC or CND or SSCP)
- Must be willing to provide 24/7/365 operation support to include holidays on a rotational basis.
- Must have outstanding written and verbal communication and presentation skills.
- Must be able to multi-task multiple high priority items with the ability to properly prioritize and be part of a team environment.
- Must be willing to travel a minimum of 10%
- Hands on administrative and technical experience with all Microsoft Operating Systems and database management systems to date.
- Have a strong understanding of IT networking architecture with relation to Client Server configurations and/or thin/thick net configurations.
- Must have highly developed multi-tasking capabilities with the ability to manage time and support issues to meet and exceed Government Service Level requirements.
- DoD Fuels Management/operational background experience is preferred but not required.
- Five years of previous customer support related experience
- Have an advanced knowledge of the wholesale retail fuels business and associated software to include FuelsManager® Defense, Inventory Management interface, Enterprise Business Systems (EBS), External Enterprise Business Portal (EEBP), Real Property, DLA Business Process Areas, and Incident Ticketing processes.
- Possess in-depth knowledge of fuels accounting ledger reconciliation procedures required to manage a fuels account including, reconciling accounts, clearing system rejects, appropriately triaging problem issues, and DLA routing procedures.
Pay Range:Pay Range $48,750.00 - $75,000.00 - $101,250.00
The Leidos pay range for this job level is a general guideline only and not a guarantee of compensation or salary. Additional factors considered in extending an offer include (but are not limited to) responsibilities of the job, education, experience, knowledge, skills, and abilities, as well as internal equity, alignment with market data, applicable bargaining agreement (if any), or other law.
Leidos is a Fortune 500® technology, engineering, and science solutions and services leader working to solve the world’s toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, civil, and health markets. The company’s 45,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, Leidos reported annual revenues of approximately $14.4 billion for the fiscal year ended December 30, 2022. For more information, visit www.Leidos.com.
Pay and Benefits
Pay and benefits are fundamental to any career decision. That's why we craft compensation packages that reflect the importance of the work we do for our customers. Employment benefits include competitive compensation, Health and Wellness programs, Income Protection, Paid Leave and Retirement. More details are available here.
Securing Your Data
Beware of fake employment opportunities using Leidos’ name. Leidos will never ask you to provide payment-related information during any part of the employment application process (i.e., ask you for money), nor will Leidos ever advance money as part of the hiring process (i.e., send you a check or money order before doing any work). Further, Leidos will only communicate with you through emails that are generated by the Leidos.com automated system – never from free commercial services (e.g., Gmail, Yahoo, Hotmail) or via WhatsApp, Telegram, etc. If you received an email purporting to be from Leidos that asks for payment-related information or any other personal information (e.g., about you or your previous employer), and you are concerned about its legitimacy, please make us aware immediately by emailing us at [email protected].
If you believe you are the victim of a scam, contact your local law enforcement and report the incident to the U.S. Federal Trade Commission.
Commitment to Diversity
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, ethnicity, age, national origin, citizenship, religion, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, pregnancy, family structure, marital status, ancestry, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran or military status, or any other basis prohibited by law. Leidos will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with relevant laws.