Leidos is currently searching for a Security Specialist to join our team in Annapolis Junction, MD. The Security Specialist must be able to assist with day-to-day operations in a fast-paced environment. Attention-to-detail is essential when dealing with the extremely sensitive and complex security requirements associated with each task. The Security Specialist must be flexible in meeting core hours staffing requirements, starting at 7:00am Monday – Friday, excluding holidays, as determined by the government. The Security Specialist must be knowledgeable and experienced in general security administration including knowledge of Department of Defense Special Access Programs (SAP) and Sensitive Compartmentalized Information (SCI) security policies, requirements and functions.
The Security Specialist should be able to perform and/or provide assistance with any of the specific duties described below: Administers and coordinates routine functions in support of industrial and government security programs and other security activities to ensure compliance with government and company regulations and policies. Areas of responsibility include programs and procedures for classified or proprietary materials, documents, equipment, and/or personnel and physical security. May process security information and data for employment records, security clearances, visit authorizations, and property control. May send, receive, process, reproduce, and/or destroy classified documents. Specific responsibilities will include, but are not limited to, checking identification credentials of all visitors, checking and controlling all electronic media coming into and leaving the facility, and monitoring and updating the access control system. May provide escorts to uncleared maintenance personnel as required. Serves as the assistant CSSO (A/CSSO) for the facility.
• Administrative filing and organization
• Receiving and transmitting faxes, including secure faxes
• Destroying, shredding, and conducting security cleanup
• Opening and securing SAP facilities
• Providing for visitor control including creation of Badges and the timely processing of VRs
• Clerical typing of security-related documents
• Security database entry and retrieval
• Courier and mail runs
• Perform Low to High Assured File Transfers (AFT)
• Security accountability and document control including:
• Maintaining accountability of classified documents
• Marking, wrapping, and distributing classified documents
• Maintaining document control databases
• Transmitting classified documents
• Maintaining and conducting inventories and audits of classified holdings
• Personnel security support including:
• Processing personnel access requests (PARs)
• Receiving incoming PARs
• Logging and tracking PAR status
• Routing PARs to appropriate staff members for government review and approval
• Other administrative support, as necessary
Required Education/Skills: High School diploma and 5 years relative experience. TS/SCI clearance required.
• Current Department of Defense Top Secret / Sensitive Compartmented Information TS/SCI with Poly Clearance.
• Previous experience with Special Access Programs and Sensitive Compartmented Information
• Bachelor’s degree and/or military experience preferred, but 4 years’ experience or a combination of Associates degree and 2 years’ experience will be accepted.
• Working knowledge of MS Office software suite to including Outlook, Word, Excel, and Power Point.
• Demonstrated customer support, interpersonal skills, and both oral and written communication skills.
Pay Range:Pay Range $54,600.00 - $84,000.00 - $113,400.00
The Leidos pay range for this job level is a general guideline only and not a guarantee of compensation or salary. Additional factors considered in extending an offer include (but are not limited to) responsibilities of the job, education, experience, knowledge, skills, and abilities, as well as internal equity, alignment with market data, applicable bargaining agreement (if any), or other law.
Leidos is a Fortune 500® technology, engineering, and science solutions and services leader working to solve the world’s toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, civil, and health markets. The company’s 45,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, Leidos reported annual revenues of approximately $14.4 billion for the fiscal year ended December 30, 2022. For more information, visit www.Leidos.com.
Pay and Benefits
Pay and benefits are fundamental to any career decision. That's why we craft compensation packages that reflect the importance of the work we do for our customers. Employment benefits include competitive compensation, Health and Wellness programs, Income Protection, Paid Leave and Retirement. More details are available here.
Securing Your Data
Beware of fake employment opportunities using Leidos’ name. Leidos will never ask you to provide payment-related information during any part of the employment application process (i.e., ask you for money), nor will Leidos ever advance money as part of the hiring process (i.e., send you a check or money order before doing any work). Further, Leidos will only communicate with you through emails that are generated by the Leidos.com automated system – never from free commercial services (e.g., Gmail, Yahoo, Hotmail) or via WhatsApp, Telegram, etc. If you received an email purporting to be from Leidos that asks for payment-related information or any other personal information (e.g., about you or your previous employer), and you are concerned about its legitimacy, please make us aware immediately by emailing us at [email protected].
If you believe you are the victim of a scam, contact your local law enforcement and report the incident to the U.S. Federal Trade Commission.
Commitment to Diversity
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, ethnicity, age, national origin, citizenship, religion, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, pregnancy, family structure, marital status, ancestry, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran or military status, or any other basis prohibited by law. Leidos will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with relevant laws.