The Leidos Directed Energy team in Albuquerque is looking for a High Power Electromagnetic (HPEM) Effects Lead Engineer to lead a small group of staff that will investigate the effects of electronic systems when subjected to HPEM pulses that result in disruption to or failure of normal operation of systems. This is an exciting opportunity to perform empirical effects testing in specialized laboratories alongside Leidos and government scientists, engineers, and technicians. You will characterize the effectiveness of potential HPEM weapons systems by generating vulnerability data, and developing and running effectiveness tools.
• Collaborate with scientists and engineers to develop testing methodologies and plans for various types of HPEM sources and test objects
• Work closely with HPEM source team to understand operation of the sources, and may operate HPEM sources
• Lead staff to setup test chambers and range sites for effects testing, including field mapping of radiated microwave energy from sources and test asset diagnostic instrumentation
• Safely conduct effects tests, following all government requirements and protocols
• Acquire test data and perform quick-look analysis to confirm that test parameters, such as power on target, are met
• Assess target damage during and after test series and advise next testing steps to peers
• Bachelors of Science degree in Electrical Engineering, Pulsed Power Engineering or Physics with four years of prior relevant experience
• Proficiency with data acquisition software such as DAAAC, and with Microsoft Office suite
• Through knowledge of HPEM effects test instrumentation (oscilloscopes, network analyzers) and probes (current, voltage, RF)
• US Citizen with the ability to obtain and maintain a DoD secret security clearance
• Ability and willingness to adhere to government safety requirements
• Experience with AFRL effects testing labs and range sites on Kirtland AFB
• Ability to develop, improve, and utilize world-class effects simulation tools, enabling the effective development and analysis of modern HPEM systems
• Possess an active DoD security clearance
Pay Range:Pay Range $78,000.00 - $120,000.00 - $162,000.00
The Leidos pay range for this job level is a general guideline only and not a guarantee of compensation or salary. Additional factors considered in extending an offer include (but are not limited to) responsibilities of the job, education, experience, knowledge, skills, and abilities, as well as internal equity, alignment with market data, applicable bargaining agreement (if any), or other law.
Leidos is a Fortune 500® technology, engineering, and science solutions and services leader working to solve the world’s toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, civil, and health markets. The company’s 45,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, Leidos reported annual revenues of approximately $14.4 billion for the fiscal year ended December 30, 2022. For more information, visit www.Leidos.com.
Pay and Benefits
Pay and benefits are fundamental to any career decision. That's why we craft compensation packages that reflect the importance of the work we do for our customers. Employment benefits include competitive compensation, Health and Wellness programs, Income Protection, Paid Leave and Retirement. More details are available here.
Securing Your Data
Beware of fake employment opportunities using Leidos’ name. Leidos will never ask you to provide payment-related information during any part of the employment application process (i.e., ask you for money), nor will Leidos ever advance money as part of the hiring process (i.e., send you a check or money order before doing any work). Further, Leidos will only communicate with you through emails that are generated by the Leidos.com automated system – never from free commercial services (e.g., Gmail, Yahoo, Hotmail) or via WhatsApp, Telegram, etc. If you received an email purporting to be from Leidos that asks for payment-related information or any other personal information (e.g., about you or your previous employer), and you are concerned about its legitimacy, please make us aware immediately by emailing us at [email protected].
If you believe you are the victim of a scam, contact your local law enforcement and report the incident to the U.S. Federal Trade Commission.
Commitment to Diversity
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, ethnicity, age, national origin, citizenship, religion, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, pregnancy, family structure, marital status, ancestry, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran or military status, or any other basis prohibited by law. Leidos will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with relevant laws.