Senior Network Administrator
Leidos is looking for a senior network administrator with network engineering experience to join a small but highly impactful team. You will support systems with significant importance to our customer while enjoying flexibility in how the job gets done. You will be responsible for maintaining existing classified systems and networks deployed in several sites across CONUS and support planned expansion to new locations including OCONUS.
- Configuring and maintaining the networked computer systems, including hardware, system software and applications.
- Executing site surveys, documenting new configurations and installing new systems including coordination with on-site IT and support staff.
- Managing user/group policies and security permissions, research event-log warnings and errors, and monitor system performance to ensure seamless operation.
- Diagnosing and resolving hardware, software, networking, and system issues when they arise.
- Supporting new component selection and procurement as well as replacing and upgrading defective or outdated components when necessary.
- Coordinating system upgrades with the development team.
- Ensuring data is stored securely and backed up regularly, performing disaster recovery operations if needed.
- Supporting compliance with and execution of DoD STIGS and ATO processes.
- Providing technical support when requested.
- Must possess a current/active TS.
- DOD 8570 IAT certification.
- BS Degree in Information Technology-related field with 12+ years of prior relevant experience or MS Degree with 10+ years’ experience.
- TS/SCI with CI Polygraph clearance desired.
- IAT Level III certification.
- Ability to implement, administer, and troubleshoot LAN/WAN network infrastructure devices, including firewalls, routers, switches, and controllers.
- Familiarity with KVM systems (ex. Thinklogical, Evertz).
- Ability to create accurate network diagrams and documentation for designing and planning new system deployment locations.
- Provide specific detailed information for hardware and software selection.
- Ability to quickly learn new or unfamiliar technology and products using documentation and internet resources.
- Ability to work with all levels of staff within and outside of IT and outside the organization.
- Working familiarity with:
- Windows Server: 2016 and 2019
- RHEL, CentOS, and other Linux environments
- Windows Infrastructure and Domain Administration: Active Directory, DNS, DHCP, Account Management and Group Policy
- VMware ESX 6.5/7.0
- Veeam Backup and Replication
- Enterprise patch management, DoD STIGs, and ATO processes
Pay Range:Pay Range $105,300.00 - $162,000.00 - $218,700.00
The Leidos pay range for this job level is a general guideline only and not a guarantee of compensation or salary. Additional factors considered in extending an offer include (but are not limited to) responsibilities of the job, education, experience, knowledge, skills, and abilities, as well as internal equity, alignment with market data, applicable bargaining agreement (if any), or other law.
Leidos is a Fortune 500® technology, engineering, and science solutions and services leader working to solve the world’s toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, civil, and health markets. The company’s 45,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, Leidos reported annual revenues of approximately $14.4 billion for the fiscal year ended December 30, 2022. For more information, visit www.Leidos.com.
Pay and Benefits
Pay and benefits are fundamental to any career decision. That's why we craft compensation packages that reflect the importance of the work we do for our customers. Employment benefits include competitive compensation, Health and Wellness programs, Income Protection, Paid Leave and Retirement. More details are available here.
Securing Your Data
Beware of fake employment opportunities using Leidos’ name. Leidos will never ask you to provide payment-related information during any part of the employment application process (i.e., ask you for money), nor will Leidos ever advance money as part of the hiring process (i.e., send you a check or money order before doing any work). Further, Leidos will only communicate with you through emails that are generated by the Leidos.com automated system – never from free commercial services (e.g., Gmail, Yahoo, Hotmail) or via WhatsApp, Telegram, etc. If you received an email purporting to be from Leidos that asks for payment-related information or any other personal information (e.g., about you or your previous employer), and you are concerned about its legitimacy, please make us aware immediately by emailing us at [email protected].
If you believe you are the victim of a scam, contact your local law enforcement and report the incident to the U.S. Federal Trade Commission.
Commitment to Diversity
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, ethnicity, age, national origin, citizenship, religion, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, pregnancy, family structure, marital status, ancestry, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran or military status, or any other basis prohibited by law. Leidos will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with relevant laws.