Leidos Civil Transportation Solutions Operation at Leidos has an opening for an energetic and detail-oriented Systems Engineering Technical Documentation Writer who will support the Federal Aviation Administration Enterprise-Information Display System (E-IDS), which provides access to supplemental information from numerous sources to augment the information available on the Air Traffic Management (ATM) service provider’s primary display.
This position could be located at the William J Hughes Technical Center in Atlantic City New Jersey or Leidos facility in Rockville Maryland or virtual. Candidate will be required to represent Leidos to the FAA customer in a positive manner, demonstrating exceptional communication skills, flexibility, and adaptability in adjusting to shifting work requirements in an environment that can be fast paced.
Systems Engineering Technical Documentation Writer responsibilities:
- Leading the development (writing, editing, proofreading and/or providing writing support) of technical manuals updates.
- Creating and modifying technical diagrams using tools such as Visio or Microsoft PowerPoint; reviewing technical changes; and providing editorial changes per FAA documentation standards. Air Traffic knowledge or experience is preferred, but not required.
- Creating new stylesheets, documentation, and graphics. Also can update existing documentation.
- Developing technical documentation and performing lab validation for review and approval by FAA Second Level Engineering personnel.
- Establish and maintain a direct working relationship with FAA Technical Manuals representatives responsible for the FAA systems fielded by Leidos.
- Work with the customer and internal departments to gather information used in the development of various forms of technical documentation for the Enterprise Information Display System (E-IDS) program.
- Ability to translate technical and complex information and requirements into user-friendly E-IDS technical documentation.
- Experience developing and testing written procedures in a lab environment.
- Provide weekly status updates used to develop productivity metrics. Assist in developing charts and presentations.
- Requires a Bachelor’s degree and 4+ years of prior relevant experience or Masters with 2+ years of prior relevant experience.
- Demonstrated direct experience developing and implementing large-scale technical changes on compressed schedule deadlines.
- Demonstrated ability to work without appreciable direction, modulating schedule to meet and exceed schedule targets.
- Working knowledge of XML editor (i.e., Arbortext).
- Demonstrated ability to review and provide editorial comments for content developed by other team members.
Pay Range:Pay Range $59,150.00 - $91,000.00 - $122,850.00
The Leidos pay range for this job level is a general guideline only and not a guarantee of compensation or salary. Additional factors considered in extending an offer include (but are not limited to) responsibilities of the job, education, experience, knowledge, skills, and abilities, as well as internal equity, alignment with market data, applicable bargaining agreement (if any), or other law.
Leidos is a Fortune 500® innovation company rapidly addressing the world’s most vexing challenges in national security and health. The company's global workforce of 47,000 collaborates to create smarter technology solutions for customers in heavily regulated industries. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, Leidos reported annual revenues of approximately $15.4 billion for the fiscal year ended December 29, 2023. For more information, visit www.Leidos.com.
Pay and Benefits
Pay and benefits are fundamental to any career decision. That's why we craft compensation packages that reflect the importance of the work we do for our customers. Employment benefits include competitive compensation, Health and Wellness programs, Income Protection, Paid Leave and Retirement. More details are available here.
Securing Your Data
Beware of fake employment opportunities using Leidos’ name. Leidos will never ask you to provide payment-related information during any part of the employment application process (i.e., ask you for money), nor will Leidos ever advance money as part of the hiring process (i.e., send you a check or money order before doing any work). Further, Leidos will only communicate with you through emails that are generated by the Leidos.com automated system – never from free commercial services (e.g., Gmail, Yahoo, Hotmail) or via WhatsApp, Telegram, etc. If you received an email purporting to be from Leidos that asks for payment-related information or any other personal information (e.g., about you or your previous employer), and you are concerned about its legitimacy, please make us aware immediately by emailing us at [email protected].
If you believe you are the victim of a scam, contact your local law enforcement and report the incident to the U.S. Federal Trade Commission.
Commitment to Diversity
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, ethnicity, age, national origin, citizenship, religion, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, pregnancy, family structure, marital status, ancestry, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran or military status, or any other basis prohibited by law. Leidos will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with relevant laws.