The Leidos Security Enterprise Solutions (SES) Operation seeks a Technical Specialist to join the Commercial Operations team to support cross-functional commercial processes within the SES Ports & Borders business. This Commercial Operations Technical Specialist will have the proven ability to work cross-functionally with business development and product management, engineering and manufacturing groups to help define product solutions that meet customer needs. The ideal candidate will be organized and detail-oriented with a high technical aptitude and the ability to translate complex technical requirements to ensure there is both understanding and alignment across the broader organization. We are looking for an individual with the capability to understand the big picture while executing on the tactical, a strong commitment to team and a passion for delivering results.
The preference is for this individual to be local to the Vista CA office location.
Driven by our talented workforce, the Security Enterprise Solutions (SES) is the cornerstone of Leidos’ comprehensive suite of fully integrated security detection and automation solutions for aviation, ports and borders, and critical infrastructure customers around the world, with more than 24,000 products deployed across 120 countries. Leidos is positioned to address emerging and evolving threats through rapid development of innovative solutions for our global customers.
- Supporting the SES Ports & Borders division’s need to deliver on current and future customer orders.
- Support the consistent and efficient execution of bids and proposals process, with a specific focus on ensuring understanding and alignment around technical requirements
- Interface with all functions across region and products such as engineering and manufacturing to enhance our ability successful execute commercial activities.
- Work closely with Business Development, Commercial Managers and Product Managers to drive wins in the market
- Stay current with product capabilities and documentation
- Manage customer specification review and response, and proposal development for complex sales and service agreements. Ensure the correct estimates and schedules are put in place (in conjunction with other SMEs on the team) such that the Project Delivery team can execute effectively, driving a positive customer experience
- Create and or improve tools used to respond to RFPs to improve efficiency and accuracy.
- Create transition work packages for key transitions and integration points with other parts of the business (Pre-Sales/Sales and Program Management/Project Delivery)
- Drive market analysis and feedback circuits in order to impact product roadmaps
- Bachelor’s degree in Business Administration, Finance, Legal, Engineering, or related area from an accredited university or college
- Minimum of 8 years of experience in commercial operations, contract management, sales, tendering, bid management and/or project management role
- Must be willing to travel up to 20% of the time, both domestic and internationally.
- Ability to obtain and maintain a US public trust security clearance.
- High aptitude for technical information, understanding of NII scanning equipment or related equipment.
- Prior experience in technical sales, solution architecture, technical writing, SAAS or other software/network solutioning.
- Strong analytical skills and Excel skills (advanced formulas, pivot tables, charts)
- Results driven personality with a go-to reputation.
- Strong interpersonal skills, with the ability to influence and lead cross-functional teams
- Organizational agility and the ability to navigate ambiguity
- Excellent oral and written communication and presentation skills
- Self-sufficiency and ability to manage programs and projects independently
- Critical thinking and creative problem solver
- Ability to think strategically and be operationally rigorous
- Change agent with strong business acumen
- Positive attitude and willingness to learn
- High energy professional demeanor with a strong focus on customer needs.
Pay Range:Pay Range $84,500.00 - $130,000.00 - $175,500.00
The Leidos pay range for this job level is a general guideline only and not a guarantee of compensation or salary. Additional factors considered in extending an offer include (but are not limited to) responsibilities of the job, education, experience, knowledge, skills, and abilities, as well as internal equity, alignment with market data, applicable bargaining agreement (if any), or other law.
Leidos is a Fortune 500® technology, engineering, and science solutions and services leader working to solve the world’s toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, civil, and health markets. The company’s 45,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, Leidos reported annual revenues of approximately $14.4 billion for the fiscal year ended December 30, 2022. For more information, visit www.Leidos.com.
Pay and Benefits
Pay and benefits are fundamental to any career decision. That's why we craft compensation packages that reflect the importance of the work we do for our customers. Employment benefits include competitive compensation, Health and Wellness programs, Income Protection, Paid Leave and Retirement. More details are available here.
Securing Your Data
Beware of fake employment opportunities using Leidos’ name. Leidos will never ask you to provide payment-related information during any part of the employment application process (i.e., ask you for money), nor will Leidos ever advance money as part of the hiring process (i.e., send you a check or money order before doing any work). Further, Leidos will only communicate with you through emails that are generated by the Leidos.com automated system – never from free commercial services (e.g., Gmail, Yahoo, Hotmail) or via WhatsApp, Telegram, etc. If you received an email purporting to be from Leidos that asks for payment-related information or any other personal information (e.g., about you or your previous employer), and you are concerned about its legitimacy, please make us aware immediately by emailing us at [email protected].
If you believe you are the victim of a scam, contact your local law enforcement and report the incident to the U.S. Federal Trade Commission.
Commitment to Diversity
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, ethnicity, age, national origin, citizenship, religion, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, pregnancy, family structure, marital status, ancestry, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran or military status, or any other basis prohibited by law. Leidos will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with relevant laws.