Looking for an opportunity to make an impact?
At Leidos, we deliver innovative solutions through the efforts of our diverse and talented people who are dedicated to our customers’ success. We empower our teams, contribute to our communities, and operate sustainably. Everything we do is built on a commitment to do the right thing for our customers, our people, and our community. Our Mission, Vision, and Values guide the way we do business.
If this sounds like the kind of environment where you can thrive, keep reading!
Are you interested in improving and shaping the IT industry?
Leidos is seeking a Sr Network Engineer with a specialization in Software Defined Networking who is motivated by variety, is seeking a challenging environment for professional growth, and is interested in supporting an Investor-Owned Utility client headquartered in New Orleans, Louisiana. Leidos has a long-term customer who we have supported in all areas of IT operations since the client’s first outsourcing engagement over 20 years ago.
This position ensures the stability and integrity of network and data network services and enhancements (e.g. in-house data and wireless network services). This is achieved by planning, designing, and developing local area networks (LANs), wide area networks (WANs) and network management tools across the organization. This position is also responsible for analysis of network characteristics and recommendations for procurement, removals, and modifications to network components.
Location: Hybrid/Remote. Preference given near Little Rock, AR; Jackson, MS; The Woodlands, TX; or New Orleans, LA areas
- Perform detailed network package capture and analysis to resolve extremely complex technical issues.
- Monitor, Analyze, design, develop, implement, and continuously Evaluate Software Defined Networking solutions, using Cisco Network Infrastructure in a hybrid environment.
- Design, implement and provide ongoing support for LAN’s WANS, Wireless and cellular technologies-based solutions in electrical substation, power plants, corporate office, and data center environments.
- Design, implement and provide ongoing support for Cisco Networking environments.
- Create and maintain documentation as it relates to network configuration, network mapping, processes, and service records using Word, Excel, Visio, Service-Now, and other tools.
- Interact and coordinate with employees, vendors, outsourcers, and contractors to secure network products and services and coordinate activities.
- Strong leadership/communication skills to have calls with non-technical staff.
- Respond as the Data Network Engineering representative in an ‘on-call’ 24x7 rotation to resolve emergent issues in both Corporate and NERC CIP network environments.
What Sets You Apart:
- Bachelor’s degree in business, Engineering, or Computer Science or related field.
- Eight plus (8+) years of relevant experience. May consider more years of experience in lieu of degree
- Demonstrated hands on experience in Cisco networking, TCP/IP, DHCP, DNS, WINS, network management tools, Cisco VRF, HSRP and VRRP.
- Experience with packet capture and other troubleshooting tools.
- Hands on experience and understanding of CISCO routers and switches.
- Demonstrates understanding and working knowledge of RIPv1/v2, EIGRP, OSPF, BGP, NAT, Access-Lists, route re-distribution, IP Multicast, VLANs, and spanning tree.
- Previous networking experience maintaining NERC CIP environments, use of Cisco Prime, and demonstrated experience with Software Defined Networking needed.
You Might Also Have:
- Master’s degree is a plus.
- Cisco Certified Network Associate
- Experience with Application Centric Infrastructure, Aruba wireless environments, VMWare
- Three plus (3+) years’ solution design experience
We take care of our employees. Leidos seeks the best and the brightest, and in return, we invest in you, with an eye on your future, through career advancement, growth opportunities and continuous improvement via mentoring, formal and informal project management training and assistance with obtaining pertinent certifications. We challenge you to help solve some of the world’s toughest problems, and reward you with a welcoming culture that recognizes the importance of a strong work/life balance, as well as competitive compensation and benefits. We believe that diversity and inclusion make us all better and offer the chance to have fun and make a difference.
Pay Range:Pay Range $97,500.00 - $150,000.00 - $202,500.00
The Leidos pay range for this job level is a general guideline only and not a guarantee of compensation or salary. Additional factors considered in extending an offer include (but are not limited to) responsibilities of the job, education, experience, knowledge, skills, and abilities, as well as internal equity, alignment with market data, applicable bargaining agreement (if any), or other law.
Leidos is a Fortune 500® technology, engineering, and science solutions and services leader working to solve the world’s toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, civil, and health markets. The company’s 45,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, Leidos reported annual revenues of approximately $14.4 billion for the fiscal year ended December 30, 2022. For more information, visit www.Leidos.com.
Pay and Benefits
Pay and benefits are fundamental to any career decision. That's why we craft compensation packages that reflect the importance of the work we do for our customers. Employment benefits include competitive compensation, Health and Wellness programs, Income Protection, Paid Leave and Retirement. More details are available here.
Securing Your Data
Beware of fake employment opportunities using Leidos’ name. Leidos will never ask you to provide payment-related information during any part of the employment application process (i.e., ask you for money), nor will Leidos ever advance money as part of the hiring process (i.e., send you a check or money order before doing any work). Further, Leidos will only communicate with you through emails that are generated by the Leidos.com automated system – never from free commercial services (e.g., Gmail, Yahoo, Hotmail) or via WhatsApp, Telegram, etc. If you received an email purporting to be from Leidos that asks for payment-related information or any other personal information (e.g., about you or your previous employer), and you are concerned about its legitimacy, please make us aware immediately by emailing us at [email protected].
If you believe you are the victim of a scam, contact your local law enforcement and report the incident to the U.S. Federal Trade Commission.
Commitment to Diversity
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, ethnicity, age, national origin, citizenship, religion, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, pregnancy, family structure, marital status, ancestry, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran or military status, or any other basis prohibited by law. Leidos will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with relevant laws.