Linux Systems Administrator* The Leidos Innovations Center has a current opening for a TS/SCI cleared Linux Systems Administrator supporting our client’s overall mission to design and implement a data centric architecture that leverages cloud-based computing, artificial intelligence (AI), machine learning (ML) over cross-domain transfer systems. We’re hiring now for this exciting new Task Order that will commence July 2023.
The Leidos Innovations Center has an exciting opening for you as our next TS/SCI cleared Linux Systems Administrator supporting DIA-NMEC under our 10-year DOMEX Technology Platform (DTP) contract. Have impact as part of a mission focused, solutions oriented, and adaptive team that values innovation, collaboration, and professional development. Your job will be to bring together, Linux (primarily) and windows systems administration, systems maintenance, and systems performance optimization. You succeed through effective cross functional collaboration in areas such as, but not limited to, development, product, and QA in a dynamic and fast paced environment. While most work is conducted on-site at our client location in Bethesda, MD, we offer a flexible schedule and, occasionally, some tasks may be performed remotely. Percentage of remote work will vary based on client requirements/deliverables.
As an integral member of the team, you will work closely with other infrastructure and network engineers, and system engineers on the following key tasks:
- Perform Linux builds, installs, configuration, administration, and troubleshooting of Linux servers to include base configuration, security and system patching, performance monitoring in physical and virtual environments
- Provide operating system hardening and system patching
- Manage, maintain, configure, and deploy system integration tools such as Kubernetes, Rancher, Helm
- Develop scripts to support patching, configuration, and automate other infrastructure tasks
- Perform disaster recovery planning and testing
- Improve existing infrastructure to incorporate latest technology best practices and cross application integrations
You demonstrate clear devotion to the DevOps and Infrastructure as Code (IaC) mindset and meet the following qualifications:
- Bachelor’s Degree and 6+ years of prior relevant experience or Masters with 3+ years of prior relevant experience
- 3+ years of experience as a Linux Administrator
- Must possess an Active Top Secret SCI clearance and ability to obtain TS/SCI with CI Poly
- Working knowledge of COTS and FOSS storage solution
- Experience with Linux performance tuning, optimization, and security configuration.
- Experience with highly available and scalable systems and applications
- Expertise in configuration, administration, and troubleshooting of Linux (RHEL/CentOS, Ubuntu)
- Experience with Patching: yum repositories, APT repositories
- Experience with DevOps practices and tools including Continuous Integration/Continuous Delivery (CI/CD) tools and practices, especially Gitlab or Jenkins
- Experience with Agile practices
- Experience with Configuration Management and IaC tools such as Salt or Ansible
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Enthusiastic with the ability to work well on a team and a self-starter who can work on their own
You will wow us even more if you have some of these skills:
- Experience with systems at scale
- Knowledge of Atlassian software suite tools such as JIRA, JIRA Service Desk, and Confluence
- Experience with Windows Systems Administration and troubleshooting Active Directory
- Experience with ELK clusters, including Elasticsearch, Logstash, Kibana and *beats
- Experience maintaining AI/ML environments (NVIDIA hardware and software)
- Experience maintaining large data (Petabyte) environments and storage solutions
- Experience with advanced Linux network hardware (eg: Mellanox Network Cards)
- Experience working in an air-gapped/not-connected-to-the-internet environment
Pay Range:Pay Range $66,300.00 - $102,000.00 - $137,700.00
The Leidos pay range for this job level is a general guideline only and not a guarantee of compensation or salary. Additional factors considered in extending an offer include (but are not limited to) responsibilities of the job, education, experience, knowledge, skills, and abilities, as well as internal equity, alignment with market data, applicable bargaining agreement (if any), or other law.
Leidos is a Fortune 500® technology, engineering, and science solutions and services leader working to solve the world’s toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, civil, and health markets. The company’s 46,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, Leidos reported annual revenues of approximately $14.4 billion for the fiscal year ended December 30, 2022. For more information, visit www.Leidos.com.
Pay and Benefits
Pay and benefits are fundamental to any career decision. That's why we craft compensation packages that reflect the importance of the work we do for our customers. Employment benefits include competitive compensation, Health and Wellness programs, Income Protection, Paid Leave and Retirement. More details are available here.
Securing Your Data
Beware of fake employment opportunities using Leidos’ name. Leidos will never ask you to provide payment-related information during any part of the employment application process (i.e., ask you for money), nor will Leidos ever advance money as part of the hiring process (i.e., send you a check or money order before doing any work). Further, Leidos will only communicate with you through emails that are generated by the Leidos.com automated system – never from free commercial services (e.g., Gmail, Yahoo, Hotmail) or via WhatsApp, Telegram, etc. If you received an email purporting to be from Leidos that asks for payment-related information or any other personal information (e.g., about you or your previous employer), and you are concerned about its legitimacy, please make us aware immediately by emailing us at [email protected].
If you believe you are the victim of a scam, contact your local law enforcement and report the incident to the U.S. Federal Trade Commission.
Commitment to Diversity
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, ethnicity, age, national origin, citizenship, religion, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, pregnancy, family structure, marital status, ancestry, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran or military status, or any other basis prohibited by law. Leidos will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with relevant laws.