The Leidos Innovations Center has a current opening for a TS/SCI cleared Database Administrator supporting our client’s overall mission to design and implement a data centric architecture that leverages cloud-based computing, artificial intelligence (AI), machine learning (ML) over cross-domain transfer systems. We’re hiring now for this exciting new Task Order that will commence July 2023.
Are you ready to join Leidos all-star team? Through training, teamwork, and exposure to challenging technical work, let Leidos show how to accelerate your career path.
The Leidos Innovations Center has an exciting opening for you as our next Senior Database Administrator supporting DIA-NMEC under our 10-year DOMEX Technology Platform (DTP) contract. Have impact as part of a mission focused, solutions oriented, and adaptive team that values innovation, collaboration, and professional development. Your job will be to design, implement, maintain, and monitor NMEC database systems. You succeed through effective cross functional collaboration in areas such as, but not limited to, development, product, and QA in a dynamic and fast paced environment. While most work is conducted on-site at our client location in Bethesda, MD, we offer a flexible schedule and, occasionally, some tasks may be performed remotely. Percentage of remote work will vary based on client requirements/deliverables.
As a senior member of the team, you bring deep expertise in Database Administration and will work closely with other infrastructure and network engineers, and system engineers on the following key tasks:
- Perform Database builds, installs, configuration, administration, and troubleshooting of database systems on Windows Server and Linux (MSSQL, MariaDB/MySQL, Postgres)
- Ensure data integrity by performing database hardening and patching
- Maintain database documentation, data dictionaries, and system diagrams
- Collaborate with system engineers to ensure that databases are highly available and meet business requirements.
- Develop scripts to support patching, configuration, and other database administrator tasks
- Implement, test, and maintain data backup and recovery procedures
You demonstrate clear devotion to the DevOps and Infrastructure as Code (IaC) mindset and meet the following qualifications:
- Bachelor’s Degree and 10+ years of prior relevant experience or Masters with 6+ years of prior relevant experience
- Experience with SQL and NoSQL databases such as MSSQL, MySQL, PostgreSQL, Redis
- Must possess an Active Top Secret clearance and ability to obtain TS/SCI with CI Poly
- 6+ years of experience as a Database Administrator
- Experience with database design, implementation, maintenance, monitoring, performance tuning, and optimization.
- Experience with database hardening methods and procedures, replication, high availability, backup, and disaster recovery.
- Experience with Agile practices
- Development and/or scripting experience, especially Python3, PowerShell, and Bash
- Experience in air-gapped environments
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Enthusiastic with the ability to work well on a team and a self-starter who can work independently
You will wow us even more if you have some of these skills:
- Experience with Configuration Management and IaC such as Salt and Ansible
- Experience with Windows and Linux server administration
- Experience on a production/ enterprise system
- Experience with any of the following technologies:
- Kubernetes, Rancher, Nexus, Cloudera
- Atlassian Jira, Jira Service Desk, and Confluence
- CI/CD Tools, Elasticsearch, Gitlab
Pay Range:Pay Range $97,500.00 - $150,000.00 - $202,500.00
The Leidos pay range for this job level is a general guideline only and not a guarantee of compensation or salary. Additional factors considered in extending an offer include (but are not limited to) responsibilities of the job, education, experience, knowledge, skills, and abilities, as well as internal equity, alignment with market data, applicable bargaining agreement (if any), or other law.
Leidos is a Fortune 500® technology, engineering, and science solutions and services leader working to solve the world’s toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, civil, and health markets. The company’s 45,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, Leidos reported annual revenues of approximately $14.4 billion for the fiscal year ended December 30, 2022. For more information, visit www.Leidos.com.
Pay and Benefits
Pay and benefits are fundamental to any career decision. That's why we craft compensation packages that reflect the importance of the work we do for our customers. Employment benefits include competitive compensation, Health and Wellness programs, Income Protection, Paid Leave and Retirement. More details are available here.
Securing Your Data
Beware of fake employment opportunities using Leidos’ name. Leidos will never ask you to provide payment-related information during any part of the employment application process (i.e., ask you for money), nor will Leidos ever advance money as part of the hiring process (i.e., send you a check or money order before doing any work). Further, Leidos will only communicate with you through emails that are generated by the Leidos.com automated system – never from free commercial services (e.g., Gmail, Yahoo, Hotmail) or via WhatsApp, Telegram, etc. If you received an email purporting to be from Leidos that asks for payment-related information or any other personal information (e.g., about you or your previous employer), and you are concerned about its legitimacy, please make us aware immediately by emailing us at [email protected].
If you believe you are the victim of a scam, contact your local law enforcement and report the incident to the U.S. Federal Trade Commission.
Commitment to Diversity
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, ethnicity, age, national origin, citizenship, religion, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, pregnancy, family structure, marital status, ancestry, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran or military status, or any other basis prohibited by law. Leidos will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with relevant laws.