Are you ready to join Leidos all-star team? Through training, teamwork, and exposure to challenging technical work, let Leidos show how to accelerate your career path.
The Leidos Innovations Center has an exciting opening for you as our next TS/SCI Security Engineer Technical Lead working across several Task Orders under the DOMEX Technology Platform (DTP) contract supporting NMEC. Have impact as part of a mission focused, solutions oriented, and adaptive team that values innovation, collaboration, and professional development. As the Security Engineer Technical Lead, your job is to provide technical security expertise in our cloud and on-premise infrastructure. You will lean on your experience with security technologies and industry best practices while employing effective security solutions. You are a demonstrated leader, skilled at achieving cross functional collaboration in a dynamic and fast paced environment. While most work is conducted on-site at our client location in Bethesda, MD, we offer a flexible schedule and, occasionally, some tasks may be performed remotely. Percentage of remote work will vary based on client requirements/deliverables.
As an integral member of the team, you will work closely with DTP Program Management, Task Order Leads, and Security Engineers on the following key tasks:
- Provide management oversight and coordination of DTP Security Team across multiple Task Orders
- Provide technical guidance to team members while employing security solutions
- Directly interact with DIA and NMEC Security POCs
- Create, improve, and maintain security policies and procedures
- Provide operating system hardening and system patching guidance based on DISA STIGs and NIST publications
- Analyze security incidents and provide recommendations for resolution
- Manage individual project priorities, deliverables, and deadlines.
- Foster an environment of collaboration with the different team members in the goal of providing quality service and product to our customer.
You demonstrate a solid understanding of security best practices and meet the following qualifications:
- BS degree and 12+ years of prior relevant experience or Masters with 10+ years of prior relevant experience
- An active Top Secret SCI clearance with the ability to obtain SCI with Poly
- Have at least one of the following DoD 8570.01-M IASAE Level II certifications: CISSP, CISSP-ISSAP, CISSP-ISSEP, CSSLP, or CASP+ CE. NOTE: the CISSP Associate is not acceptable
- Familiarity with NIST Special Publications e.g. NIST SP 800-27, 30, 37, 53, 60
- Experience with CNSS publication CNSSI 1253
- Experience with incident response plans, plans of actions and milestones (POA&Ms), risk management plans, and vulnerability management plans
- Experience establishing and maintaining a System Security Engineering (SSE) management process to integrate security and privacy controls into complex hardware and software systems
- Experience managing a team of Cyber Security Engineers (CSEs) and Information System Security Officers (ISSOs)
- Experience supporting DoD/IC systems through the entire Risk Management Framework Plus (RMF) process
- Experience using Tenable Security Center and all components
- Experience with technologies such as Linux, Windows, firewalls, gateways, proxies, VPCs, and public key infrastructure.
- Strong analytical, communication, problem-solving, and interpersonal skills
You will wow us even more if you have some of these:
- An active TS clearance with SCI with Poly
- Successfully achieved ATO under RMF+
- Experience working in Agile and DevOpsSec environments
- Experience with big data applications
- Experience with Jira and Confluence
- Experience with OIDC or Oauth2
- Experience with any of the following technologies:
- Kubernetes, Rancher, or Cloudera
- CI/CD tools like Jenkins or Gitlab
- Active Directory
- SQL and NoSQL databases
Pay Range:Pay Range $118,300.00 - $182,000.00 - $245,700.00
The Leidos pay range for this job level is a general guideline only and not a guarantee of compensation or salary. Additional factors considered in extending an offer include (but are not limited to) responsibilities of the job, education, experience, knowledge, skills, and abilities, as well as internal equity, alignment with market data, applicable bargaining agreement (if any), or other law.
Leidos is a Fortune 500® technology, engineering, and science solutions and services leader working to solve the world’s toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, civil, and health markets. The company’s 45,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, Leidos reported annual revenues of approximately $14.4 billion for the fiscal year ended December 30, 2022. For more information, visit www.Leidos.com.
Pay and Benefits
Pay and benefits are fundamental to any career decision. That's why we craft compensation packages that reflect the importance of the work we do for our customers. Employment benefits include competitive compensation, Health and Wellness programs, Income Protection, Paid Leave and Retirement. More details are available here.
Securing Your Data
Beware of fake employment opportunities using Leidos’ name. Leidos will never ask you to provide payment-related information during any part of the employment application process (i.e., ask you for money), nor will Leidos ever advance money as part of the hiring process (i.e., send you a check or money order before doing any work). Further, Leidos will only communicate with you through emails that are generated by the Leidos.com automated system – never from free commercial services (e.g., Gmail, Yahoo, Hotmail) or via WhatsApp, Telegram, etc. If you received an email purporting to be from Leidos that asks for payment-related information or any other personal information (e.g., about you or your previous employer), and you are concerned about its legitimacy, please make us aware immediately by emailing us at [email protected].
If you believe you are the victim of a scam, contact your local law enforcement and report the incident to the U.S. Federal Trade Commission.
Commitment to Diversity
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, ethnicity, age, national origin, citizenship, religion, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, pregnancy, family structure, marital status, ancestry, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran or military status, or any other basis prohibited by law. Leidos will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with relevant laws.