Looking for an opportunity to make an impact?
Unleash your potential at Leidos, where we deliver innovative solutions through the efforts of our diverse and talented people who are dedicated to our customer’s success. We empower our teams, contribute to our communities, and operate sustainably. Everything we do is built on a commitment to do the right thing for our customers, our people, and our community. Our Mission, Vision, and Values guide the way we do business.
If this sounds like an environment where you can thrive, keep reading!
Are you ready to join a team of intelligent and motivated professionals in shaping and improving the consumer fraud protection industry? Leidos is seeking a Java Developer to join our team of database and application development experts. In this role, you will have the opportunity to develop, operate, and maintain various enterprise systems for data collection, enrichment, ETL, enterprise search, information retrieval, and analytics. As a key member of our team, you will play a significant role in implementing, adopting, and evaluating technologies developed both in-house and by others. You will be part of a compact agile software development team that pushes the boundaries of technology, helping to address the ever-growing and demanding needs of a government customer. We are seeking a versatile team player who is willing to contribute beyond their primary expertise. If you are a proactive and innovative software developer, we encourage you to apply now and join us on this exciting journey!
Your greatest work is ahead!
Leidos Civil Group helps modernize infrastructure, systems, and security. We are a trusted partner to both government and highly-regulated commercial customers looking for transformative solutions in mission IT, security, software, engineering, and operations. We work with our customers including the FAA, DOE, NASA, National Science Foundation, Transportation Security Administration, Custom and Border Protection, airports, and electric utilities to make the world safer, healthier, and more efficient. Our customers take on the toughest challenges out there, and at times need a helping hand from specialists in their fields. We combine our scale as a Fortune 500 company with the deep technical knowledge of our core capabilities and the expertise of our talented and diverse workforce to deliver mission-centric innovations. For each of these core capabilities, we have developed proven, repeatable processes that help us deliver agile, cost-effective solutions to foster a better world.
Are you ready to join a team dedicated to a mission? Begin your journey of a flourishing and meaningful career, share your resume with us today!
- Design, develop, operate, and maintain software applications, primarily using Java, Apache Solr, Spark, Flume, and SQL in both Windows and Linux environments for a government program.
- Recommend, and implement enhancements to the existing application and operation.
- Software designs are to be documented, and reviewed in the enterprise design review board.
- Routinely develop and maintain automated unit tests as the software evolves.
- Where necessary, generate or update user guide to reflect changes in the software functionality.
- Documentation, code, and unit tests are subjected to peer review. Be part of the configuration management team to critically review deliverables by yourself and others.
- Interact occasionally with on-site customer representatives.
- Provide quick, advanced search features using enterprise search/information retrieval techniques.
- Utilizing search analytics, find critical information by linking various entities together, surface relevant results in near real-time, apply data quality techniques, and integrate machine learning and advanced artificial intelligence techniques.
- Frequently analyze consumer data by dissecting and surfacing critical, new insights, and report findings to both data analysts and stakeholders.
What Sets You Apart:
- Bachelor’s degree in computer science, engineering, or other science discipline.
- 2+ years of professional experience in Java/J2EE software development including REST APIs/web services, and data contract with JSON/XML.
- 1+ year of DevOps experience with Apache Solr/Apache Spark or other enterprise search/Big Data platform
- Understand and leverage common architectural styles, design patterns, and modern industry practices.
- Design, develop and deliver software components for production systems in agile sprint cycles.
- Understand and apply quality techniques and practices (automated unit testing, test-driven design/development, continuous integration, delivery).
- Basic administrative, scripting experience in both Windows and Linux environments.
- Maintain and operate the deployed applications, come up with performance monitors, tuning, and improvements.
- Ability to obtain and maintain a Public Trust clearance.
You Might Also Have:
- Experience with large data ingestion using Apache Spark, Flume/Kafka.
- Experience in relational database programming in MS-SQL server, T-SQL, stored procedures, and functions.
- Experience in AWS/Azure cloud services such as S3, IAM, EC2, Azure Monitor, Alerts, CloudWatch.
- Experience in tools such as Azure DevOps, VS Code, Maven, Git, JIRA, JMeter, and Jenkins.
- Ability to write shell scripts, automation, basic administration, and scheduling of jobs in Linux environment.
- Strong desire to learn and continue advancement in Search, Big Data, Data Science, and Machine Learning technologies and applying in software development.
- Knowledge in developing user interfaces and web pages.
- Must be detail-oriented, multi-tasker with good follow-through skills.
At Leidos, the opportunities are boundless. We challenge our staff with interesting assignments that provide them with an opportunity to thrive, professionally and personally. For us, helping you grow your career is good business. We’d like to learn more about you, apply today!
Pay Range:Pay Range $63,050.00 - $97,000.00 - $130,950.00
The Leidos pay range for this job level is a general guideline only and not a guarantee of compensation or salary. Additional factors considered in extending an offer include (but are not limited to) responsibilities of the job, education, experience, knowledge, skills, and abilities, as well as internal equity, alignment with market data, applicable bargaining agreement (if any), or other law.
Leidos is a Fortune 500® technology, engineering, and science solutions and services leader working to solve the world’s toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, civil, and health markets. The company’s 47,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, Leidos reported annual revenues of approximately $14.4 billion for the fiscal year ended December 30, 2022. For more information, visit www.Leidos.com.
Pay and Benefits
Pay and benefits are fundamental to any career decision. That's why we craft compensation packages that reflect the importance of the work we do for our customers. Employment benefits include competitive compensation, Health and Wellness programs, Income Protection, Paid Leave and Retirement. More details are available here.
Securing Your Data
Beware of fake employment opportunities using Leidos’ name. Leidos will never ask you to provide payment-related information during any part of the employment application process (i.e., ask you for money), nor will Leidos ever advance money as part of the hiring process (i.e., send you a check or money order before doing any work). Further, Leidos will only communicate with you through emails that are generated by the Leidos.com automated system – never from free commercial services (e.g., Gmail, Yahoo, Hotmail) or via WhatsApp, Telegram, etc. If you received an email purporting to be from Leidos that asks for payment-related information or any other personal information (e.g., about you or your previous employer), and you are concerned about its legitimacy, please make us aware immediately by emailing us at [email protected].
If you believe you are the victim of a scam, contact your local law enforcement and report the incident to the U.S. Federal Trade Commission.
Commitment to Diversity
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, ethnicity, age, national origin, citizenship, religion, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, pregnancy, family structure, marital status, ancestry, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran or military status, or any other basis prohibited by law. Leidos will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with relevant laws.