The Enterprise and Cyber Solutions (E&CS) Operation within Leidos’ Defense Group has an opening for a Systems Engineer for the Tier III Support Contract under GIG Service Management – Operations II (GSM-O II) contract. This contract includes the Operations, Sustainment, Maintenance, Repair, and Defense of the Defense Information System Network (DISN) within the DOD Information Network (DODIN) in support of the Defense Information Systems Agency (DISA). It also includes support to other key tasks for DISA, including the transformation of DISA’s operational mission through innovation, and support to DISA’s mission partners.
The System Engineer position is responsible for integrating various GSM-O II Innovations and Special Projects into the Global Management System & the Infrastructure. This position will assist with oversee the management of the system level requirements, and the performance of integration, verification, and user acceptance testing to ensure that the design, deployment, integration, and maintenance of a full stack containerized innovations architecture adheres to these baselined requirements. The successful candidate will work directly with the End Users, SEIT Manager, Chief Architect, Software Engineering Manager, and the operations team to transition new capability and ensure it meets all target requirements. They will be responsible for testing and verification of new capability prior to deployment to production.
- Execute engineering activities, implementation planning, third party coordination, integration and test, documentation, deployment, and system assessment for migrating multi-vendor network infrastructure that includes network monitoring and performance tools, security management tools, and network authentication tools (e.g., Cisco EPNM, Ciena MCP, Broadcom CAPM, Cisco ISE), into an AWS cloud infrastructure.
- Perform data gathering, requirements definition and analysis, use case development, gap analysis, develop functional and design specifications.
- Employ SE approach for systems planning, design, execution, and sustainment of tools migrating to the AWS cloud.
- Assist in the development and maintenance of systems engineering documentation and diagrams/models
- Collaborate with colleagues to monitor and report technical variances; facilitate resolution of technical issues that adversely impact successful product delivery.
- Report the technical status of assigned project tasks to assigned leads on a consistent basis.
- Assist with identifying and supporting external dependencies where needed.
- Estimate level of effort to create and/or update a projected project schedule.
- Employing exceptional problem-solving skills.
- Bachelor’s degree from an accredited college in a related discipline, or equivalent experience/combined education, with 8+ years of professional experience; or 6+ years of professional experience with a related Master’s degree.
- Currently possess an active Secret security clearance
- 5+ years of systems engineering experience.
- 3+ years of project planning experience.
- Experience in architecture, design, develop, and delivery of tools migration to an AWS cloud within a DoD environment.
- Experience with multi-vendor network tools in an enterprise network operations center
- Strong awareness of networking and internet protocols
- Experience with JIRA, Git repo and Confluence
- Experience identifying and tracking project task dependencies, risks, and possible mitigations
- Experience working with a highly technical team and in a dynamic, fast-paced environment.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills are required to collaborate with customer representatives, domain experts, other from many different disciplines with varying degrees of technical experience.
- Experience and understanding of architectural designs and standards for ensuring the performance, availability, and security of cloud infrastructure systems in a DOD environment.
- Experience with cloud-based AWS services
- Familiarity with the full system lifecycle and sustainment activities
- Experience utilizing agile methodologies
- Experience with DevOps/DevSecOps and CI/CD implementation
- Experience with Atlassian JIRA and Confluence
- Understanding of network routing devices and network device configurations
- Experience with McAfee HBSS/Endpoint SW
- Experience with OS scripting (perl, python, shell)
- Experience with Databases (SQL, Oracle) and DB migrations
- Understanding of ITIL foundation or ITIL certified
- AWS cloud certifications
Pay Range:Pay Range $97,500.00 - $150,000.00 - $202,500.00
The Leidos pay range for this job level is a general guideline only and not a guarantee of compensation or salary. Additional factors considered in extending an offer include (but are not limited to) responsibilities of the job, education, experience, knowledge, skills, and abilities, as well as internal equity, alignment with market data, applicable bargaining agreement (if any), or other law.
Leidos is a Fortune 500® technology, engineering, and science solutions and services leader working to solve the world’s toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, civil, and health markets. The company’s 46,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, Leidos reported annual revenues of approximately $14.4 billion for the fiscal year ended December 30, 2022. For more information, visit www.Leidos.com.
Pay and Benefits
Pay and benefits are fundamental to any career decision. That's why we craft compensation packages that reflect the importance of the work we do for our customers. Employment benefits include competitive compensation, Health and Wellness programs, Income Protection, Paid Leave and Retirement. More details are available here.
Securing Your Data
Beware of fake employment opportunities using Leidos’ name. Leidos will never ask you to provide payment-related information during any part of the employment application process (i.e., ask you for money), nor will Leidos ever advance money as part of the hiring process (i.e., send you a check or money order before doing any work). Further, Leidos will only communicate with you through emails that are generated by the Leidos.com automated system – never from free commercial services (e.g., Gmail, Yahoo, Hotmail) or via WhatsApp, Telegram, etc. If you received an email purporting to be from Leidos that asks for payment-related information or any other personal information (e.g., about you or your previous employer), and you are concerned about its legitimacy, please make us aware immediately by emailing us at [email protected].
If you believe you are the victim of a scam, contact your local law enforcement and report the incident to the U.S. Federal Trade Commission.
Commitment to Diversity
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, ethnicity, age, national origin, citizenship, religion, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, pregnancy, family structure, marital status, ancestry, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran or military status, or any other basis prohibited by law. Leidos will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with relevant laws.