The Enterprise and Cyber Solutions (E&CS) Operation within Leidos’ Defense Group has an opening for a Systems Integration Engineer for a Tier III Support Contract under the GIG Service Management – Operations II (GSM-O II) contract. The GSM-O II Program includes the Operations, Sustainment, Maintenance, Repair, and Defense of the Defense Information System Network (DISN) within the DOD Information Network (DODIN) in support of the Defense Information Systems Agency (DISA). It also includes support to other key tasks for DISA, including the transformation of DISA’s operational mission through innovation and support to DISA’s mission partners.
- Provide integration support for a multi-vendor network infrastructure that includes network monitoring and performance tools, security management tools, and network authentication tools (e.g., Cisco EPNM, Ciena MCP, Broadcom CAPM, Cisco ISE), migrating into an AWS cloud infrastructure.
- Assist with identifying any derived design objectives, technical specifications, performance requirements, and interoperability specifications to ensure the system design will meet stakeholder end-to-end requirements.
- Provide analysis for how the operational, functional, and performance requirements will be met as part of the system design, test, and implementation of initial capabilities.
- Assist the development team to ensure deployment is in alignment with the design.
- Provide hands-on integration support designing, testing, and implementing an enterprise network to meet security, performance, operational, and functional requirements.
- Ensure the system design adheres to industry standards, DOD standards, DOD policies, DOD instructions, DOD directives, cybersecurity policies, and best commercial practices.
- Document changes to systems and all required checklists for use within the configuration baseline.
- Validate that the replacement system in the AWS cloud meets operational and functional requirements thru the delivery process into production.
- Support the successful tool transition to the network operations team.
- Requires a Bachelors degree or equivalent experience and 8+ years of prior relevant experience or a Masters degree with 6+ years of prior relevant experience
- Currently possess an active Secret security clearance
- 5+ years of systems integration experience; systems installation, integration, various levels of testing, and deployment planning and execution
- Experience in integration and test for the migration of tools to an AWS cloud within a DoD environment.
- Experience with multi-vendor network tools in an enterprise network operations center
- Strong awareness of networking and internet protocols
- Experience with JIRA, Git repo and Confluence
- Strong written and verbal communication skills are required to collaborate with customer representatives, domain experts, other from many different disciplines with varying degrees of technical experience.
- Experience and understanding of architectural designs and standards for ensuring the performance, availability, and security of cloud systems in a DOD environment.
- Experience with cloud-based AWS services
- Familiarity with the full system lifecycle and sustainment activities
- Experience utilizing agile methodologies
- Experience with DevOps/DevSecOps and CI/CD implementation
- Experience with Atlassian JIRA and Confluence
- Understanding of network routing devices and network device configurations
- Understanding of ITIL foundation or ITIL certified
- AWS cloud certifications
Pay Range:Pay Range $97,500.00 - $150,000.00 - $202,500.00
The Leidos pay range for this job level is a general guideline only and not a guarantee of compensation or salary. Additional factors considered in extending an offer include (but are not limited to) responsibilities of the job, education, experience, knowledge, skills, and abilities, as well as internal equity, alignment with market data, applicable bargaining agreement (if any), or other law.
Leidos is a Fortune 500® technology, engineering, and science solutions and services leader working to solve the world’s toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, civil, and health markets. The company’s 45,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, Leidos reported annual revenues of approximately $14.4 billion for the fiscal year ended December 30, 2022. For more information, visit www.Leidos.com.
Pay and Benefits
Pay and benefits are fundamental to any career decision. That's why we craft compensation packages that reflect the importance of the work we do for our customers. Employment benefits include competitive compensation, Health and Wellness programs, Income Protection, Paid Leave and Retirement. More details are available here.
Securing Your Data
Beware of fake employment opportunities using Leidos’ name. Leidos will never ask you to provide payment-related information during any part of the employment application process (i.e., ask you for money), nor will Leidos ever advance money as part of the hiring process (i.e., send you a check or money order before doing any work). Further, Leidos will only communicate with you through emails that are generated by the Leidos.com automated system – never from free commercial services (e.g., Gmail, Yahoo, Hotmail) or via WhatsApp, Telegram, etc. If you received an email purporting to be from Leidos that asks for payment-related information or any other personal information (e.g., about you or your previous employer), and you are concerned about its legitimacy, please make us aware immediately by emailing us at [email protected].
If you believe you are the victim of a scam, contact your local law enforcement and report the incident to the U.S. Federal Trade Commission.
Commitment to Diversity
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, ethnicity, age, national origin, citizenship, religion, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, pregnancy, family structure, marital status, ancestry, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran or military status, or any other basis prohibited by law. Leidos will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with relevant laws.