Looking for an opportunity to make an impact?
The Leidos Innovations Center (LInC) at Leidos currently has an opening for a full-time Administrative Assistant in Dayton, Ohio. LInC focuses on research and development (R&D) and technical innovation to solve complex Customer needs. Leidos is looking for you to join our team as an Administrative Assistant!
If this sounds like the kind of environment where you can thrive, keep reading!
As part of the team, you’ll focus on supporting our incredible people – from new employees to senior employees and management out of our Dayton, OH office. You will work with local management to ensure that our employees receive the administrative support so that together we can fully focus on the critical missions of our customers.
You’ll work with a team of Administrative Assistants, and will support a mix of the following activities:
- Perform a wide range of office management and coordination tasks with limited supervision.
- Support recruitment and hiring by scheduling and supporting job fairs, candidate interviews, post-interview follow-up, candidate tracking, and new employee orientation and on-boarding.
- Work with management to ensure employees are routinely communicated with regarding company news, policy changes, and any other information employees may require. You may also support and maintain a document repository of technical reports, proposals, and other documents as required.
- Schedule, help plan, and facilitate meetings ranging from small team meetings to town halls with senior management. These meetings will include larger scale conferences and workshops that require strong event planning skills and experience. Additionally, you will help plan recreational and team building events.
- Utilize a variety of management information systems/business information systems in support of employees and management (e.g., travel requests, purchasing requests etc.).
- Be called upon to support any number of support tasks and office management functions so must readily adapt to new challenges with a positive, can-do attitude.
What Sets You Apart:
- Must be U.S. Citizen and have the ability to obtain a Secret security clearance
- High school or equivalent degree with 3+ years’ relevant experience as an administrative assistant, office coordinator/manager, event coordinator, or receptionist
- Possess strong communication skills and enjoy working with people in large office environments, both local and remote
- Strong attention to detail, organization skills, and follow-through
- Fluency with web browsing, Microsoft Office applications, and enterprise resource planning (ERP) / management information systems (MIS) e.g., Workday, Salesforce, Costpoint, Ariba, etc.
- Basic event planning expertise
You’ll really WOW us having one or more of the following:
- Active clearance
- BA or BS degree
- Basic document editing, desktop publishing, and document production
- Proven event planning expertise that includes larger conferences and workshops
- Human resource/employee relations experience
- Familiarity with information management and handling sensitive employee information to include Privacy protected information
Pay Range:Pay Range $31,200.00 - $48,000.00 - $64,800.00
The Leidos pay range for this job level is a general guideline only and not a guarantee of compensation or salary. Additional factors considered in extending an offer include (but are not limited to) responsibilities of the job, education, experience, knowledge, skills, and abilities, as well as internal equity, alignment with market data, applicable bargaining agreement (if any), or other law.
Leidos is a Fortune 500® technology, engineering, and science solutions and services leader working to solve the world’s toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, civil, and health markets. The company’s 45,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, Leidos reported annual revenues of approximately $14.4 billion for the fiscal year ended December 30, 2022. For more information, visit www.Leidos.com.
Pay and Benefits
Pay and benefits are fundamental to any career decision. That's why we craft compensation packages that reflect the importance of the work we do for our customers. Employment benefits include competitive compensation, Health and Wellness programs, Income Protection, Paid Leave and Retirement. More details are available here.
Securing Your Data
Beware of fake employment opportunities using Leidos’ name. Leidos will never ask you to provide payment-related information during any part of the employment application process (i.e., ask you for money), nor will Leidos ever advance money as part of the hiring process (i.e., send you a check or money order before doing any work). Further, Leidos will only communicate with you through emails that are generated by the Leidos.com automated system – never from free commercial services (e.g., Gmail, Yahoo, Hotmail) or via WhatsApp, Telegram, etc. If you received an email purporting to be from Leidos that asks for payment-related information or any other personal information (e.g., about you or your previous employer), and you are concerned about its legitimacy, please make us aware immediately by emailing us at [email protected].
If you believe you are the victim of a scam, contact your local law enforcement and report the incident to the U.S. Federal Trade Commission.
Commitment to Diversity
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, ethnicity, age, national origin, citizenship, religion, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, pregnancy, family structure, marital status, ancestry, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran or military status, or any other basis prohibited by law. Leidos will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with relevant laws.