We are currently seeking a System Integration Engineer at our site in Fort Meade, MD. This is a dynamic role where you will be responsible for supporting systems engineering, integration, test, and deployment activities for the Defense Information Systems Agency (DISA) on the Cross Domain Enterprise Solutions (CDES) team. Additionally, you will provide technical analysis for a wide variety of systems engineering and integration activities, execute moderate complexity studies to evaluate products for compliance with requirements and applicable standards, define preliminary processes to solve complex engineering issues, and work heavily in a team environment.
- Coordinate and ensure security compliance of the integration and test infrastructure using DoD security analysis techniques including the Information Assurance Vulnerability Management process and applying appropriate Security Technical Implementation Guides for relevant components.
- Conduct performance analysis and technology maturity assessments of emerging technologies through application review and load testing.
- Understand and provide insight on system and application performance through the analysis of recorded system utilization and network traffic during test events.
- Perform systems integration, test, and deployment of cross domain solutions and related technologies on Red Hat Enterprise Linux, and VMware ESX Platforms.
- Deploy hardware, install base operating systems, install software applications, and provide network configuration for a variety of hardware categories (workstations, servers, network switches, storage arrays, and network load balancing devices).
- Troubleshoot the operation of these components and resolve existing or potential issues to ensure optimum operation of the environment.
- Automate lab and production tasks and processes via the use of custom scripts, and develop software policies to properly route customer traffic through gateways to the cross domain solutions.
- Must hold an active Secret clearance and be eligible to obtain a Top Secret.
- Bachelor's degree in a technical discipline and 2-4 years related experience in network integration and/or engineering or equivalent work experience in lieu of degree.
- Current DoD 8570 IAT Level I or higher certification required. Security+CE, CISSP, CEH, or higher are the preferred certifications.
- Hands on network integration and installation experience.
- Experience with RedHat / Linux / VMware / Windows (install, configure, maintain and administer)
- Experience installing and configuring Windows Server and Windows 10/11.
- Works effectively both as a team member and independently.
- Demonstrated ability to effectively communicate by phone, email, and in person with customers and management.
- Experience with creating technical documentation.
- Proven technical troubleshooting and problem solving skills.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office products.
- Ability/desire to work in a highly dynamic and challenging environment.
- Advanced Linux experience including 4+ years maintaining, troubleshooting and performing performance analysis and tuning.
- Experience with Network Devices such as Load Balancers, Routers and switches.
- Experience with MySQL Database and Microsoft Active Directory a plus.
- Experience with developing policy in Broadcom Layer7 or other API-based application gateways.
- Experience with cross-domain solutions.
Pay Range:Pay Range $63,050.00 - $97,000.00 - $130,950.00
The Leidos pay range for this job level is a general guideline only and not a guarantee of compensation or salary. Additional factors considered in extending an offer include (but are not limited to) responsibilities of the job, education, experience, knowledge, skills, and abilities, as well as internal equity, alignment with market data, applicable bargaining agreement (if any), or other law.
Leidos is a Fortune 500® technology, engineering, and science solutions and services leader working to solve the world’s toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, civil, and health markets. The company’s 45,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, Leidos reported annual revenues of approximately $14.4 billion for the fiscal year ended December 30, 2022. For more information, visit www.Leidos.com.
Pay and Benefits
Pay and benefits are fundamental to any career decision. That's why we craft compensation packages that reflect the importance of the work we do for our customers. Employment benefits include competitive compensation, Health and Wellness programs, Income Protection, Paid Leave and Retirement. More details are available here.
Securing Your Data
Beware of fake employment opportunities using Leidos’ name. Leidos will never ask you to provide payment-related information during any part of the employment application process (i.e., ask you for money), nor will Leidos ever advance money as part of the hiring process (i.e., send you a check or money order before doing any work). Further, Leidos will only communicate with you through emails that are generated by the Leidos.com automated system – never from free commercial services (e.g., Gmail, Yahoo, Hotmail) or via WhatsApp, Telegram, etc. If you received an email purporting to be from Leidos that asks for payment-related information or any other personal information (e.g., about you or your previous employer), and you are concerned about its legitimacy, please make us aware immediately by emailing us at [email protected].
If you believe you are the victim of a scam, contact your local law enforcement and report the incident to the U.S. Federal Trade Commission.
Commitment to Diversity
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, ethnicity, age, national origin, citizenship, religion, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, pregnancy, family structure, marital status, ancestry, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran or military status, or any other basis prohibited by law. Leidos will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with relevant laws.