The Civilian Health Solutions Operation is seeking a Senior Data Scientist in Bethesda, MD.
- Develop artificial intelligence/machine learning (AI/ML) solution especially with natural language processing to support grant application and review workflow.
- Apply algorithms that involve both supervised and unsupervised approach for data analysis on both small- and large-scale data.
- Interpret, connect, predict, and make discoveries in complex data and deliver recommendations for business and analytic decisions.
- Collaborate with a team of data scientists, data analysts, and other scientific officers in the design and development of AI/ML solution.
- Communicate and collaborate with various stakeholders to understand real world user case.
- Develop metrics to evaluate real world impact.
- Effectively present AI/ML solution to both technical and non-technical audience
Required Educational Qualifications:
- Master’s degree in bioinformatics, computational linguistics or data science preferred.
- Minimum 7 years of relevant experience.
Required Skills Qualifications:
- Experience with NLP applications such as tagging, classification, topic modeling, and summarization.
- Advanced proficiency in programming languages such as Python, R or Perl
- Experience with analyzing large and complex data sets, especially text data ,with strong aptitude for conducting quantitative and qualitative analysis.
- Familiar with transformer based large language models and how to adapt and apply them.
- Excellent presentation and communication skills; Demonstrated ability to clearly explain technical issues to technical and non-technical customers.
- Previous experience working with NIH.
- Strong knowledge of NIH grants management processes and systems
- Knowledge of NIH peer review process
- Experience with the application of bioinformatics and statistical tools and the analysis
- Experience with various bioinformatics databases and tools.
- Experience with Cloud computing environments such as AWS, Azure.
Pay Range:Pay Range $97,500.00 - $150,000.00 - $202,500.00
The Leidos pay range for this job level is a general guideline only and not a guarantee of compensation or salary. Additional factors considered in extending an offer include (but are not limited to) responsibilities of the job, education, experience, knowledge, skills, and abilities, as well as internal equity, alignment with market data, applicable bargaining agreement (if any), or other law.
Leidos is a Fortune 500® technology, engineering, and science solutions and services leader working to solve the world’s toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, civil, and health markets. The company’s 45,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, Leidos reported annual revenues of approximately $14.4 billion for the fiscal year ended December 30, 2022. For more information, visit www.Leidos.com.
Pay and Benefits
Pay and benefits are fundamental to any career decision. That's why we craft compensation packages that reflect the importance of the work we do for our customers. Employment benefits include competitive compensation, Health and Wellness programs, Income Protection, Paid Leave and Retirement. More details are available here.
Securing Your Data
Beware of fake employment opportunities using Leidos’ name. Leidos will never ask you to provide payment-related information during any part of the employment application process (i.e., ask you for money), nor will Leidos ever advance money as part of the hiring process (i.e., send you a check or money order before doing any work). Further, Leidos will only communicate with you through emails that are generated by the Leidos.com automated system – never from free commercial services (e.g., Gmail, Yahoo, Hotmail) or via WhatsApp, Telegram, etc. If you received an email purporting to be from Leidos that asks for payment-related information or any other personal information (e.g., about you or your previous employer), and you are concerned about its legitimacy, please make us aware immediately by emailing us at [email protected].
If you believe you are the victim of a scam, contact your local law enforcement and report the incident to the U.S. Federal Trade Commission.
Commitment to Diversity
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, ethnicity, age, national origin, citizenship, religion, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, pregnancy, family structure, marital status, ancestry, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran or military status, or any other basis prohibited by law. Leidos will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with relevant laws.