Leidos has an opening for a Deputy Program Manager to support the Biomedical Advanced Research and Development Authority (BARDA) within HHS in Washington DC. Be a part of a large team overseeing multiple products aiming to modernize processes, coordinate activities across the organization. Assist the customer organization in running projects and overseeing schedules and general operational concerns. Work in a fast-paced environment helping to coordinate with a diverse team of contractors supporting software development, stakeholder engagement, helpdesk support, training, and data analysis.
We are looking for someone that is ideally local to the Washington, DC area. The position is telework friendly, but the person will need to travel into the customer site if needed from time to time.
- Collaborate with project stakeholders to define requirements and develop project plans.
- Directly manage a team of 8-10 program staff (technical analyst and software developers) and maintain awareness across the broader team.
- Provide regular meeting management support and consistent follow-up.
- Work with customer to oversee multiple ongoing projects.
- Support the program manager with a range of program administration duties including reporting, financial review, and program documentation.
- Be a key point of contact for this customer.
- US Citizenship in order to obtain a Public Trust Clearance.
- Bachelor’s degree in a related field.
- At least 5 years of experience in a program coordination or management role.
- Ability to motivate and lead a team, manage conflicts, and drive the project to completion.
- Strong meeting management skills.
- Experience gathering customer requirements and communicating them to others on the team.
- Ability to manage multiple tasks, prioritize work, and meet project deadlines.
- Ability to work with a diverse team with different backgrounds, education and skills, and roles on the program.
- Strong communication skills and ability to work independently.
- Ability to travel to customer site as required.
- Bachelor’s degree in computer science, software engineering, mathematics, or statistics.
- Experience supporting government customers.
- Experience managing technical projects or software development activities
Pay Range:Pay Range $66,300.00 - $102,000.00 - $137,700.00
The Leidos pay range for this job level is a general guideline only and not a guarantee of compensation or salary. Additional factors considered in extending an offer include (but are not limited to) responsibilities of the job, education, experience, knowledge, skills, and abilities, as well as internal equity, alignment with market data, applicable bargaining agreement (if any), or other law.
Leidos is a Fortune 500® technology, engineering, and science solutions and services leader working to solve the world’s toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, civil, and health markets. The company’s 45,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, Leidos reported annual revenues of approximately $14.4 billion for the fiscal year ended December 30, 2022. For more information, visit www.Leidos.com.
Pay and Benefits
Pay and benefits are fundamental to any career decision. That's why we craft compensation packages that reflect the importance of the work we do for our customers. Employment benefits include competitive compensation, Health and Wellness programs, Income Protection, Paid Leave and Retirement. More details are available here.
Securing Your Data
Beware of fake employment opportunities using Leidos’ name. Leidos will never ask you to provide payment-related information during any part of the employment application process (i.e., ask you for money), nor will Leidos ever advance money as part of the hiring process (i.e., send you a check or money order before doing any work). Further, Leidos will only communicate with you through emails that are generated by the Leidos.com automated system – never from free commercial services (e.g., Gmail, Yahoo, Hotmail) or via WhatsApp, Telegram, etc. If you received an email purporting to be from Leidos that asks for payment-related information or any other personal information (e.g., about you or your previous employer), and you are concerned about its legitimacy, please make us aware immediately by emailing us at [email protected].
If you believe you are the victim of a scam, contact your local law enforcement and report the incident to the U.S. Federal Trade Commission.
Commitment to Diversity
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, ethnicity, age, national origin, citizenship, religion, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, pregnancy, family structure, marital status, ancestry, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran or military status, or any other basis prohibited by law. Leidos will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with relevant laws.