The Cyber Security Analyst provides Operational and Compliance expertise for all facets of the Information Technology Program. Applies specialized knowledge and expertise in formulating and implementing plans, programs, policies, and systems appropriate to various threat situations and local conditions. Must be able to use analytical skills to solve problems and establish priorities to achieve high-quality results. The Cyber Security Analyst will support the Information Technology Program in Vulnerability Management, Incident Response, Security Engineering, and Cyber Compliance-related efforts.
- Supports the Cyber Security and Information Technology programs, reporting to the Cyber Site Lead (ISSO), Cyber Manager (ISSM), and IT Program Manager.
- Interacts on a regular basis with all levels of contractor management.
- Coordinates investigative activities with appropriate management, formulates written reports, and presents oral briefings on Incidents of Security Concern (IOSC).
- Conducts audits or surveys of security programs and provides assistance and consulting services to all departments.
- Ensures all changes to systems are performed in accordance with configuration controls.
- Researches, documents, and implements software application security requirements, and works with userbase to ensure effective use of applications.
- Shares technical knowledge and works closely with the technical administrators (systems, networks, database, etc.) to provide mutual support.
- Schedules, performs, and monitors various scans and tests within the computing environment in order to identify vulnerabilities, configuration errors, and areas for improvement and general debugging.
- Gathers metrics on a daily, weekly, and monthly basis to drive discussion and decision-making with management, team members, and end-users.
- Develops and maintains user manuals, guides, work instructions, procedures, and other technical and non-technical documentation.
- Participates in the design and implementation of systems, policies, and procedures for disaster recovery and data archiving to ensure effective protection and integrity of data assets.
- Remain conversant with the industry’s computer security technology and practices.
- Maintains a safe working environment. Demonstrates awareness and implementation of applicable environmental, safety, and health (ES&H) requirements while also alerting coworkers of such requirements as needed.
- Bachelor’s degree and 2 years of related IT/Cyber experience; or, high school diploma/equivalent plus at least 4 years of IT/Cyber experience;
- Must be able to obtain and maintain a U.S. Department of Energy (DOE) security clearance at a Q level.
- Must be a U.S. citizen
- Proficiency in supporting the various components, teams, and processes associated with an enterprise IT environment, with specific emphasis on supporting US Government computing environment standards and infrastructure concepts.
- Proficiency in technical and non-technical communications; ability to collaborate with technical staff and customers driving process improvement.
- Must work 2-4 days onsite in Paducah, KY, and 1-2 days telework.
- Knowledge of U.S. Department of Energy (DOE) directives, policies, and procedures pertaining to sensitive information, computing, cybersecurity, information technology, etc.
- IT/Cyber technical certifications are highly preferred
- Related industry-recognized certifications in the Cyber and IT field; Security+, CySA+, CEH, CISSP, CISM, and other professional-level certifications are highly desired.
- Active TOP SECRET or DOE Q clearance preferred; ability to be subjected to and pass a thorough background investigation prior to employment
Pay Range:Pay Range $63,050.00 - $97,000.00 - $130,950.00
The Leidos pay range for this job level is a general guideline only and not a guarantee of compensation or salary. Additional factors considered in extending an offer include (but are not limited to) responsibilities of the job, education, experience, knowledge, skills, and abilities, as well as internal equity, alignment with market data, applicable bargaining agreement (if any), or other law.
Leidos is a Fortune 500® technology, engineering, and science solutions and services leader working to solve the world’s toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, civil, and health markets. The company’s 45,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, Leidos reported annual revenues of approximately $14.4 billion for the fiscal year ended December 30, 2022. For more information, visit www.Leidos.com.
Pay and Benefits
Pay and benefits are fundamental to any career decision. That's why we craft compensation packages that reflect the importance of the work we do for our customers. Employment benefits include competitive compensation, Health and Wellness programs, Income Protection, Paid Leave and Retirement. More details are available here.
Securing Your Data
Beware of fake employment opportunities using Leidos’ name. Leidos will never ask you to provide payment-related information during any part of the employment application process (i.e., ask you for money), nor will Leidos ever advance money as part of the hiring process (i.e., send you a check or money order before doing any work). Further, Leidos will only communicate with you through emails that are generated by the Leidos.com automated system – never from free commercial services (e.g., Gmail, Yahoo, Hotmail) or via WhatsApp, Telegram, etc. If you received an email purporting to be from Leidos that asks for payment-related information or any other personal information (e.g., about you or your previous employer), and you are concerned about its legitimacy, please make us aware immediately by emailing us at [email protected].
If you believe you are the victim of a scam, contact your local law enforcement and report the incident to the U.S. Federal Trade Commission.
Commitment to Diversity
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, ethnicity, age, national origin, citizenship, religion, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, pregnancy, family structure, marital status, ancestry, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran or military status, or any other basis prohibited by law. Leidos will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with relevant laws.