Looking for an opportunity to make an impact?
The Leidos Innovations Center operates at the leading edge of technology by designing, demonstrating, and deploying solutions to solve complex remote sensing problems for our Department of Defense customers. We are currently seeking a Senior Software Engineer in our Arlington, VA office to join a leading-edge machine learning research and engineering group.
If this sounds like the kind of environment where you can thrive, keep reading!
As a Senior Software Engineer, you will apply your software skills in remote sensing focused machine learning applications (acoustic, RF, and other). You will interact with customers, lead technical project teams, and be responsible for production-grade software systems developed by our organization.
What's in it for you?
- A challenging, fast-paced work environment to solve real world problems with unique data
- Opportunities to enhance your skills in Software Engineering, Software Development, System Administration, Data Science, Machine Learning and Signal Processing
- Opportunities to contribute to critical elements across entire program life cycles (proposal writing, technical planning/execution, creating and presenting technical reports and briefings)
- Professional and technical development opportunities through mentoring programs and full tuition coverage for masters and PhD programs
- A research-oriented environment with a small business feel created by an accessible organizational structure
- Work with subject matter experts to design, develop, and deploy software solutions for remote sensing-based machine learning
- Use your programming and database skills to collect, process and analyze data sets
- Responsible for the specification, design, development, implementation, unit testing, integration testing, writing of documentation and analysis of technical products and systems
- Collaborate with multidisciplinary team members (Machine Learning Researchers, Data Scientists, Acousticians, Physicists, Signal Processing Engineers, Electrical Engineers, Systems Engineers, and more) to transition research and development into mature, robust solutions to complex problems
What Sets You Apart:
- BS degree in computer science with 8 – 12 years of prior relevant experience, Masters with 6 – 10 years of prior relevant experience
- Must be a U.S Citizen and have an active US Government Secret security clearance
- Strong Python coding skills, agile practices, software design methods and Linux OS
- Experience working and collaborating with multi-disciplinary teams, including leading technical teams and mentoring less experienced software engineers
- Experience using Docker, AWS EC2/S3, Git, and MySQL
You’ll really WOW us having one or more of the following:
- Strong fundamentals in mathematics, problem solving, algorithm design and data structures
- Proven ability to lead and deliver on projects
- Experience in high performance computing using CPU and GPU hardware
- Experience with machine learning frameworks and libraries (Tensorflow, Keras, Pytorch)
Are you ready to make an impact? Begin your journey of a flourishing and meaningful career. Share your resume with us today!
Pay Range:Pay Range $97,500.00 - $150,000.00 - $202,500.00
The Leidos pay range for this job level is a general guideline only and not a guarantee of compensation or salary. Additional factors considered in extending an offer include (but are not limited to) responsibilities of the job, education, experience, knowledge, skills, and abilities, as well as internal equity, alignment with market data, applicable bargaining agreement (if any), or other law.
Leidos is a Fortune 500® technology, engineering, and science solutions and services leader working to solve the world’s toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, civil, and health markets. The company’s 45,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, Leidos reported annual revenues of approximately $14.4 billion for the fiscal year ended December 30, 2022. For more information, visit www.Leidos.com.
Pay and Benefits
Pay and benefits are fundamental to any career decision. That's why we craft compensation packages that reflect the importance of the work we do for our customers. Employment benefits include competitive compensation, Health and Wellness programs, Income Protection, Paid Leave and Retirement. More details are available here.
Securing Your Data
Beware of fake employment opportunities using Leidos’ name. Leidos will never ask you to provide payment-related information during any part of the employment application process (i.e., ask you for money), nor will Leidos ever advance money as part of the hiring process (i.e., send you a check or money order before doing any work). Further, Leidos will only communicate with you through emails that are generated by the Leidos.com automated system – never from free commercial services (e.g., Gmail, Yahoo, Hotmail) or via WhatsApp, Telegram, etc. If you received an email purporting to be from Leidos that asks for payment-related information or any other personal information (e.g., about you or your previous employer), and you are concerned about its legitimacy, please make us aware immediately by emailing us at [email protected].
If you believe you are the victim of a scam, contact your local law enforcement and report the incident to the U.S. Federal Trade Commission.
Commitment to Diversity
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, ethnicity, age, national origin, citizenship, religion, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, pregnancy, family structure, marital status, ancestry, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran or military status, or any other basis prohibited by law. Leidos will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with relevant laws.