The IDOL team in the Intel division at Leidos currently has an opening for an Master Software Engineer for the Reston/Chantilly, VA areas. In support of a DoD/intel program, the engineer will develop, maintain and enhance complex and diverse software systems. The engineer will support research, engineering, and development of innovative solutions to support operational cyber missions. Work includes engineering robust infrastructure, end-point capabilities, and command and control systems. The successful candidates will have the opportunity to work independently and as part of a team.
- Design, develop, troubleshoot, and debug mission critical software source code using modern software development languages and tools
- Participate in the full software development lifecycle, working within broadly defined parameters.
- Use Agile development tools such as Jira, Confluence, and Bitbucket/Git to manage work and collaborate with your teams.
- Support creation and updating of all relevant documentation and specifications for design, development and testing.
- Identify potential roadblocks and develop around them.
- Plan and estimate development tasks and work to improve performance metrics.
- Develop maintainable code that matches specification.
- Develop automated tests leveraging a continuous integration process.
- Own delivery of small parts of a system or application.
- Work closely with other engineers to develop the best technical design and approach for new product development.
- Build software solutions where the solution is not always well defined but always considers the customer first.
- Requires BS degree and 12+ years of prior relevant experience; additional experience in lieu of degree
- Proficiency in Java, Python, C++ or C#
- Experience working in an Agile Development environment
- Familiarity with multiple operating systems
- Hands on experience with Swift
- C++ object oriented experience, using visual studio
- Operating System and Kernel level development experience
- Vulnerability research or software reverse engineering skills
- Experience using Jira, bitbucket, confluence, bamboo and/or Git, GitLab
- Experience using VMWare
- Experience developing object orient applications in python
- Experience with iOS Development
- Candidates must be a US citizen at a minimum with the ability to obtain a TS/SCI level with Poly security clearance for consideration.
- Experience working with git at the command-line
- Experience working with development environment on the Mac
- Experience working with the Linux CLI and Linux scripting
- Experience working with VS Code
- Experience working with MS Visual Studio, Apple configurator and iPad/iPhone MDMs, and AWS would be a plus
- Understanding of operating system internals for Linux and Windows, such as process synchronization techniques (i.e., semaphores, messages, threading), process scheduling, resource and device access
- Experience with Unity, or Unreal Engine
Clearance: Candidates must be a US citizen at a minimum with the ability to obtain a TS/SCI level with Poly security clearance for consideration
Pay Range:Pay Range $118,300.00 - $182,000.00 - $245,700.00
The Leidos pay range for this job level is a general guideline only and not a guarantee of compensation or salary. Additional factors considered in extending an offer include (but are not limited to) responsibilities of the job, education, experience, knowledge, skills, and abilities, as well as internal equity, alignment with market data, applicable bargaining agreement (if any), or other law.
Leidos is a Fortune 500® technology, engineering, and science solutions and services leader working to solve the world’s toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, civil, and health markets. The company’s 45,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, Leidos reported annual revenues of approximately $14.4 billion for the fiscal year ended December 30, 2022. For more information, visit www.Leidos.com.
Pay and Benefits
Pay and benefits are fundamental to any career decision. That's why we craft compensation packages that reflect the importance of the work we do for our customers. Employment benefits include competitive compensation, Health and Wellness programs, Income Protection, Paid Leave and Retirement. More details are available here.
Securing Your Data
Beware of fake employment opportunities using Leidos’ name. Leidos will never ask you to provide payment-related information during any part of the employment application process (i.e., ask you for money), nor will Leidos ever advance money as part of the hiring process (i.e., send you a check or money order before doing any work). Further, Leidos will only communicate with you through emails that are generated by the Leidos.com automated system – never from free commercial services (e.g., Gmail, Yahoo, Hotmail) or via WhatsApp, Telegram, etc. If you received an email purporting to be from Leidos that asks for payment-related information or any other personal information (e.g., about you or your previous employer), and you are concerned about its legitimacy, please make us aware immediately by emailing us at [email protected].
If you believe you are the victim of a scam, contact your local law enforcement and report the incident to the U.S. Federal Trade Commission.
Commitment to Diversity
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, ethnicity, age, national origin, citizenship, religion, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, pregnancy, family structure, marital status, ancestry, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran or military status, or any other basis prohibited by law. Leidos will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with relevant laws.