Leidos Civilian Health Solutions is seeking candidates for the position of Special Projects Lead, contingent upon contract award, supporting the National Institutes of Health (NIH) in Bethesda, MD.
Candidate must be local to the DC Metro area for hybrid work.
The candidate will serve as a specials projects lead in a team environment that will maintain full functionality of IT systems in accordance with the standards. The type of services required to be provided are: Overall Project / Contract Management; IT Service Desk / Desktop Support o Infrastructure Operations / System Administration / Cloud support; and Service Delivery / Specialized projects / Subject Matter Consulting. The candidate is expected to work independently and collaboratively in a team environment with good communication and interpersonal skills to work in a customer-focused team environment. Candidate will be a member of an experienced project team.
Education and Experience Requirements:
- Bachelor’s degree from an accredited institute, (preferably in Mathematics, Information Technology, Computer Science, Engineering, Business Administration, or Project Management).
- Minimum of five (5) years’ experience in troubleshooting end-user hardware and peripherals, operating systems, imaging, software applications, network connectivity, configuration, security compliance, Active Directory administration, and endpoint management.
- CompTIA A+; Apple Certified MacOS Technician (ACMT) Certifications.
- Project management experience, and experience with MS Project or similar project management software tools.
- Experience in requirements gathering, alternative analysis, project planning, scoping, cost, risk, and resource management.
- Experience assisting in the development and presentation of IT business cases for proposed IT initiatives/projects.
- Experience working on multiple projects, simultaneously, in an IT support environment, managing tasks and problems related to end-user hardware and software, and managing new service offerings from inception to operations.
- Experience in developing training materials and provide training to users with various skill levels.
- Experience hosting effective virtual presentations and meetings, using collaboration tools including video calls, file sharing, and whiteboarding.
- Have knowledge of ITIL’s Incident, Request, Problem, Configuration, and Change Management practices.
- Proficient in configuring, supporting, and troubleshooting Apple macOS, Apple iOS and Microsoft Windows operating systems as well as fielding related how-to questions.
- Proficient in configuring, supporting, and troubleshooting Apple iOS mobile devices, as well as fielding related how-to questions.
- Proficient in supporting Microsoft Office 365, (including, but not limited to), Microsoft Outlook, Word, Excel, PowerPoint, OneNote, Skype, OneDrive, Teams, and Zoom.
- Demonstrated experience using incident logging and ticket tracking systems such as ServiceNow (preferred), Remedy, or Cherwell. Knowledge and understanding of IT Service Management, Customer Service, and Service Level Agreements (SLA).
- Demonstrated experience using incident logging and ticket tracking systems such as ServiceNow. Knowledge and understanding of IT Service Management, Customer Service, and Service Level Agreements (SLA).
- Demonstrated ability to write clear and accurate technical and end-user documentation and standard operating procedures.
- Broad knowledge of information technology hardware, software, concepts, and services to effectively provide guidance to customers when new requirements or alternative solutions are needed.
- Possess and practice the following skills, excellent communications (verbal and written), analytical and problem solving, time management and organization, patience, and professionalism.
- Ability to obtain Public Trust Clearance and lived in the United States a minimum of 3 years.
- One or more of the following certifications:
- CompTIA Security+;
- Microsoft Office Specialist: Microsoft Office 2016;
- Microsoft Office Specialist: Associate (Office 365 and Office 2019);
- Apple Certified Support Professional (ACSP);
- Apple Certified iOS Technician (ACiT);
- Jamf Pro Certified Tech/Admin;
- HDI-CSR; HDI-SCA; HDI-DAST; HDI-TSPS; or other industry-recognized certifications.
Pay Range:Pay Range $59,150.00 - $91,000.00 - $122,850.00
The Leidos pay range for this job level is a general guideline only and not a guarantee of compensation or salary. Additional factors considered in extending an offer include (but are not limited to) responsibilities of the job, education, experience, knowledge, skills, and abilities, as well as internal equity, alignment with market data, applicable bargaining agreement (if any), or other law.
Leidos is a Fortune 500® technology, engineering, and science solutions and services leader working to solve the world’s toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, civil, and health markets. The company’s 47,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, Leidos reported annual revenues of approximately $14.4 billion for the fiscal year ended December 30, 2022. For more information, visit www.Leidos.com.
Pay and Benefits
Pay and benefits are fundamental to any career decision. That's why we craft compensation packages that reflect the importance of the work we do for our customers. Employment benefits include competitive compensation, Health and Wellness programs, Income Protection, Paid Leave and Retirement. More details are available here.
Securing Your Data
Beware of fake employment opportunities using Leidos’ name. Leidos will never ask you to provide payment-related information during any part of the employment application process (i.e., ask you for money), nor will Leidos ever advance money as part of the hiring process (i.e., send you a check or money order before doing any work). Further, Leidos will only communicate with you through emails that are generated by the Leidos.com automated system – never from free commercial services (e.g., Gmail, Yahoo, Hotmail) or via WhatsApp, Telegram, etc. If you received an email purporting to be from Leidos that asks for payment-related information or any other personal information (e.g., about you or your previous employer), and you are concerned about its legitimacy, please make us aware immediately by emailing us at [email protected].
If you believe you are the victim of a scam, contact your local law enforcement and report the incident to the U.S. Federal Trade Commission.
Commitment to Diversity
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, ethnicity, age, national origin, citizenship, religion, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, pregnancy, family structure, marital status, ancestry, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran or military status, or any other basis prohibited by law. Leidos will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with relevant laws.