Looking for an opportunity to support cyber security efforts with national impact?
Leidos currently has an opening for a Cyber Network Defense Analyst to work at the White House Communications Agency (WHCA) on Joint Base Anacostia-Bolling. Our team supports our customer’s mission to protect the Presidential Information Technology Community networked systems and services from cyber threats, as a 24x7, mission critical operation.
This is a hybrid position with the potential for 25% remote / 75% on-site work. Most team members work a rotating shift pattern which typically includes Day, Swing and Mid Shift rotations consisting of four 10-hour shifts per week. This pattern allows for longer stretches of scheduled off time. If a more structured schedule is preferred, static shifts can usually be arranged based on preference and the needs of the program. Exact schedules may vary based on program needs and manning levels. All new hires’ initial 4-6 weeks will be spent on weekday day shift to complete ramp-up and training before entering the normal rotation.
- Perform computer network incident detection, and response activities to detect, correlate, identify and characterize anomalous activity that may be indicative of threats to the enterprise.
- Monitor various security tools and applications for possible malicious activities, investigate any associated alerts or indicators, and develop recommendations for a course of action, including mitigation strategies as necessary.
- Follow Standard Operating Procedures and perform duties with strong attention to detail, ensuring that all system checks are performed in a timely manner and all documentation is complete and accurate.
- Work to influence project/team leads regarding solution design, process and/or approaches.
- Review investigations, reports and communications of juniors and peers to ensure accuracy and clarity of communications.
- Develop and conduct briefings to senior management.
- Requires good technical writing skills as each event, including the associated analysis, are documented in a ticketing system for review and action.
- Requires excellent communication skills as we are collocated with our customer and regular face-to-face interaction is necessary throughout the day, as well as significant coordination and communication between team members.
- Current DoD TS/SCI security clearance.
- Ability to pass Yankee White clearance process prior to start.
- Bachelor's Degree and 4+ years of experience; additional years of experience may be considered in lieu of degree.
- Current DoD 8570 IAT Level II Certification (e.g. Sec+ CE) or higher at time of start
- Current DoD 8570 CSSP Analyst Certification (e.g. CEH), or ability to obtain one within 180 days of starting.
- Current DoD 8570 CSSP Infrastructure Support Certification (e.g. CEH, CySA+, SSCP), or ability to obtain one within 180 days of starting.
- Strong computing system knowledge, particularly networking, including a knowledge of communication protocols and familiarity with common computing security elements such as IDS/IPS systems and firewalls.
- Experience evaluating packet captures.
- Prior CND and/or SOC experience.
- Familiarity with computing security frameworks such as cyber kill chain and att&ck.
- Monitoring of intrusion detection and computer defense appliances and applications, and analysis of associated alerts.
- Documenting analysis and providing response recommendations.
Pay Range:Pay Range $78,000.00 - $120,000.00 - $162,000.00
The Leidos pay range for this job level is a general guideline only and not a guarantee of compensation or salary. Additional factors considered in extending an offer include (but are not limited to) responsibilities of the job, education, experience, knowledge, skills, and abilities, as well as internal equity, alignment with market data, applicable bargaining agreement (if any), or other law.
Leidos is a Fortune 500® technology, engineering, and science solutions and services leader working to solve the world’s toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, civil, and health markets. The company’s 47,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, Leidos reported annual revenues of approximately $14.4 billion for the fiscal year ended December 30, 2022. For more information, visit www.Leidos.com.
Pay and Benefits
Pay and benefits are fundamental to any career decision. That's why we craft compensation packages that reflect the importance of the work we do for our customers. Employment benefits include competitive compensation, Health and Wellness programs, Income Protection, Paid Leave and Retirement. More details are available here.
Securing Your Data
Beware of fake employment opportunities using Leidos’ name. Leidos will never ask you to provide payment-related information during any part of the employment application process (i.e., ask you for money), nor will Leidos ever advance money as part of the hiring process (i.e., send you a check or money order before doing any work). Further, Leidos will only communicate with you through emails that are generated by the Leidos.com automated system – never from free commercial services (e.g., Gmail, Yahoo, Hotmail) or via WhatsApp, Telegram, etc. If you received an email purporting to be from Leidos that asks for payment-related information or any other personal information (e.g., about you or your previous employer), and you are concerned about its legitimacy, please make us aware immediately by emailing us at [email protected].
If you believe you are the victim of a scam, contact your local law enforcement and report the incident to the U.S. Federal Trade Commission.
Commitment to Diversity
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, ethnicity, age, national origin, citizenship, religion, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, pregnancy, family structure, marital status, ancestry, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran or military status, or any other basis prohibited by law. Leidos will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with relevant laws.