Leidos’ C4ISR Analysis & Support division is seeking a Distributed Common Ground System – Navy (DCGS-N) (AN/SSQ-128 and AN/USQ-233) system administrator/maintainer technical trainer to join our team in Norfolk, VA. The candidate will train organizational-level system administration and maintenance to active-duty Information Systems Technician personnel aboard U.S. Navy aircraft carriers, amphibious assault ships, and at operational shore sites worldwide as part of the DCGS-N Program Office training team and Naval Information Forces’ Advanced Information Systems Integration Team (AISIT).
- Train organizational-level DCGS-N (all variants and baselines) system administration and hardware maintenance to active-duty Information Systems Technicians personnel after system installation or upgrade aboard U.S. Navy aircraft carriers, amphibious assault ships, and operational shore sites worldwide. Training events aboard ships may take place in port of underway for duration of about 14 days.
- Evaluate student performance gaps and provide ad hoc training as necessary.
- Assist with operational system fault detection/fault isolation and coordinate corrective action either independently or with distance support assistance.
- Coordinate with system engineers, integration engineers, subject matter experts, and technical writers to ensure training reflects current system upgrades and changes.
- Maintain lesson plans, trainee guides, job aids, and assessment materials based on system upgrades and changes.
- Provide feedback on technical documentation, training products, and job aids during documentation reviews, product reviews, and working groups hosted by the program office, learning center, or type commander.
- Maintain status in U.S. Navy Cyber Security Workforce (CSWF) program.
- TS/SCI clearance.
- Bachelor’s degree in related field with 4+ years of related experience. Additional years of related experience can be considered in lieu of a degree.
- Extensive system and network administration experience with DCGS-N, CANES, GCCS-M, and other information warfare systems.
- Demonstrated experience with administering Windows and Red Hat Linux physical and virtualized servers and applications.
- Current CompTIA Security+ CE certification.
- Ability to travel 25% including internationally and underway periods aboard U.S. Navy ships.
- Navy Enlisted Classification (NEC) IT-735A (former IT-H09A).
- Completion of military instructor training or industry equivalent, such as CompTIA CTT+.
- Red Hat Certified Linux System Administrator (RHCE) certification.
Pay Range:Pay Range $59,150.00 - $91,000.00 - $122,850.00
The Leidos pay range for this job level is a general guideline only and not a guarantee of compensation or salary. Additional factors considered in extending an offer include (but are not limited to) responsibilities of the job, education, experience, knowledge, skills, and abilities, as well as internal equity, alignment with market data, applicable bargaining agreement (if any), or other law.
Leidos is a Fortune 500® technology, engineering, and science solutions and services leader working to solve the world’s toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, civil, and health markets. The company’s 45,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, Leidos reported annual revenues of approximately $14.4 billion for the fiscal year ended December 30, 2022. For more information, visit www.Leidos.com.
Pay and Benefits
Pay and benefits are fundamental to any career decision. That's why we craft compensation packages that reflect the importance of the work we do for our customers. Employment benefits include competitive compensation, Health and Wellness programs, Income Protection, Paid Leave and Retirement. More details are available here.
Securing Your Data
Beware of fake employment opportunities using Leidos’ name. Leidos will never ask you to provide payment-related information during any part of the employment application process (i.e., ask you for money), nor will Leidos ever advance money as part of the hiring process (i.e., send you a check or money order before doing any work). Further, Leidos will only communicate with you through emails that are generated by the Leidos.com automated system – never from free commercial services (e.g., Gmail, Yahoo, Hotmail) or via WhatsApp, Telegram, etc. If you received an email purporting to be from Leidos that asks for payment-related information or any other personal information (e.g., about you or your previous employer), and you are concerned about its legitimacy, please make us aware immediately by emailing us at [email protected].
If you believe you are the victim of a scam, contact your local law enforcement and report the incident to the U.S. Federal Trade Commission.
Commitment to Diversity
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, ethnicity, age, national origin, citizenship, religion, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, pregnancy, family structure, marital status, ancestry, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran or military status, or any other basis prohibited by law. Leidos will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with relevant laws.