Leidos is looking for a Technical Writer with a current TS/SCI Clearance for a new opportunity providing IT services to the National Security Council. Our program provides development, maintenance and sustainment support for critical applications and capabilities in support of the White House. Each system has its own specific requirements and infrastructure. With rewarding work, a supportive management team, and a competitive compensation package, there is no better opportunity to take the next step in your career.
Responsible for the preparation, review, revision, and maintenance of technical documents including operational reports, contract deliverables, and everything related to the National Security Council IT Support. Writes and edits technical documentation for all the project’s solutions to include how-to documentation, process documentation and tasking orders. Creates documentation for projects; produces implementation guides and end-user guides for capabilities; documentation and formats technical publications from pamphlets, technical drawings, and consultations with technical personnel and other available resources. Travel may be up to 10%.
- Serves as Technical Writer/Editor responsible for writing, editing, and preparing technical reports as well as planning, organizing, researching, writing, and editing program documentation
- Prepares a variety of correspondence and reports
- Ensure all documentation has the proper format, content, and ensure timely completion and transition of each assigned project
- Reviews and edits technical reports and documents
- Coordinate with internal and external customers and task order personnel to resolve comments and provide consolidated reply to all comments
- Determines and plans technical report requirements and ensures, through research, that the technical report will meet the intended use.
- Must possess active TS/SCI clearance to be considered for this role
- Bachelor’s degree and 5+ years of prior relevant writing experience. Additional experience my substitute for degree
- Strong technical writing skills (Clear, concise, and complete manner)
- Strong grammar skills (punctuation, spelling, usage)
- Minimum 5 years’ experience in effectively formatting technical documents to include writing, editing, illustration, interpretations, and depth coverage.
- Minimum 5 years’ experience with following DoD standards, interpreting network drawings, cyber security experience, and interpreting operational procedures.
- Strong oral communication skills
- Self-Motivated, problem solver who’s willing to take initiative to develop expertise
- Strong listening skills to capture the necessary information from Security Analysts and Architects
Pay Range:Pay Range $59,150.00 - $91,000.00 - $122,850.00
The Leidos pay range for this job level is a general guideline only and not a guarantee of compensation or salary. Additional factors considered in extending an offer include (but are not limited to) responsibilities of the job, education, experience, knowledge, skills, and abilities, as well as internal equity, alignment with market data, applicable bargaining agreement (if any), or other law.
Leidos is a Fortune 500® technology, engineering, and science solutions and services leader working to solve the world’s toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, civil, and health markets. The company’s 45,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, Leidos reported annual revenues of approximately $14.4 billion for the fiscal year ended December 30, 2022. For more information, visit www.Leidos.com.
Pay and Benefits
Pay and benefits are fundamental to any career decision. That's why we craft compensation packages that reflect the importance of the work we do for our customers. Employment benefits include competitive compensation, Health and Wellness programs, Income Protection, Paid Leave and Retirement. More details are available here.
Securing Your Data
Beware of fake employment opportunities using Leidos’ name. Leidos will never ask you to provide payment-related information during any part of the employment application process (i.e., ask you for money), nor will Leidos ever advance money as part of the hiring process (i.e., send you a check or money order before doing any work). Further, Leidos will only communicate with you through emails that are generated by the Leidos.com automated system – never from free commercial services (e.g., Gmail, Yahoo, Hotmail) or via WhatsApp, Telegram, etc. If you received an email purporting to be from Leidos that asks for payment-related information or any other personal information (e.g., about you or your previous employer), and you are concerned about its legitimacy, please make us aware immediately by emailing us at [email protected].
If you believe you are the victim of a scam, contact your local law enforcement and report the incident to the U.S. Federal Trade Commission.
Commitment to Diversity
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, ethnicity, age, national origin, citizenship, religion, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, pregnancy, family structure, marital status, ancestry, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran or military status, or any other basis prohibited by law. Leidos will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with relevant laws.