Programme Name: LCST
Location: Bristol / Hybrid (couple days a month in the office)
Join our UK Team who are committed to a Mission!..
We are in search of a Contracts Manager to join the LCST team in Bristol. This is a hybrid role working from home with a requirement to work from the office a couple days a month.
Main Duties & Responsibilities:
- Provides strong commercial, contractual and technical interpretation on contract terms and conditions
- Drafting and negotiation of contractual terms and conditions
- Support bid teams with the identification of commercial risks within contractual documents and able to look for ways to mitigate risks either through recommended mark ups to contractual documents or other risk mitigations.
- Leads contractual interactions with the Customer on day to day commercial issues
- Leads in the identification and preparation of contract change proposals
- Review, scrutinize, and develop operational process flows
- Ensure that the financial aspects and impact of the contract are clear to all parties
- Ensure that all stakeholders, such as administration, operations, and finance understand and adhere to contractual obligations
- Ability to identify and flow appropriate prime contract terms down to supply chain organization
- Develop and maintain good working relationships with the customer commercial/contracts team
- Must be a working contract manager, e.g. taking an active role in the performance of the contract and proactively working to identify risks, issues and opportunities and develop and implement strategies to mitigate the risks, resolve the issues and capitalize on the opportunities, and will be willing to cross functional lines to provide support to the programme leadership team when and where needed
- Support role in regular, intensive weekly, monthly, quarterly, and annual technical and financial governance meetings (both internal and with the customer) in a fast-paced environment
- Ability to operate independently and communicate effectively, both internally, with technical staff, peers, and management as well as externally, with customers, regulators and others
- Strong comprehension of programme technical performance metrics and financial status
- Excellent written and verbal communications skills
- Liaison with other Leidos operating units and corporate departments where applicable
- Bachelor's degree in business or a related field, and/or experience including managing large programmes/contracts employing complex business models
- Experience providing commercial, contractual and technical interpretation of contracts
- Ability to analyse, interpret and identify risks within contractual terms
- Strong comprehension of programme technical performance metrics and financial status
- Relationship management with customers
- Excellent communicator keeping internal management appraised or key commercial issues
- Experience managing and negotiating contracts with UK Government or Ministry of Defence
- Clearance to Start BPSS
- Clearance for Role BPSS
Intrigued? We’d love to hear from you...
What we do for you:
At Leidos we are PASSIONATE about customer success, UNITED as a team and INSPIRED to make a difference. We offer meaningful and engaging careers, a collaborative culture, and support for your career goals, all while nurturing a healthy work-life balance.
We provide an employment package that attracts, develops and retains only the best in talent. Our reward scheme includes:
• Contributory Pension Scheme
• Private Medical Insurance
• 33 days Annual Leave (including public and privilege holidays)
• Access to Flexible benefits (including life assurance, health schemes, gym memberships, annual buy and sell holidays and a cycle to work scheme)
Commitment to Diversity:
We welcome applications from every part of the community and are committed to a truly diverse and inclusive culture. We foster a sense of belonging, welcoming all perspectives and contributions, and providing equal access to opportunities and resources for everyone. If you have a disability or need any reasonable adjustments during the application and selection stages please let us know, and we will respond in a way that best fits your needs.
Who We Are:
The Logistics Commodities & Services Transformation (LCST) Programme for the UK Ministry of Defence is a critical effort to enhance and improve the UK’s defence supply chain. The programme provides essential services such as storage and distribution for the MOD's materiel, including a global freight service and the procurement and inventory management of 70,000 commodity NATO Stock Number (NSNs).
Working together as Team Leidos we are helping to transform the UK's defence supply chain by providing an integration of a complex mixture of services, at low risk, using a modern suite of systems that will deliver one version of the truth. For the first time, the MOD will see the whole picture, as it is happening.
What Makes Us Different:
Purpose: you can use your passion and abilities at Leidos to keep the people you care about safe. We are at the forefront of machine learning, AI, cyber security and solutions. Using your skills in the technology frontline by helping to build a safer world. You can inspire change.
Collaboration: having flexibility to do your job is one of our core benefits, enabling you to become part of our extraordinary team. We have been empowering our people to work flexibly for years. Whether you work from home, the office or on customer sites, we will give you the digital tools and the flexibility to work smarter and align your needs and ours.
People: Leidos empowers people from every background to be themselves and gives you the tools to learn new skills by enabling growth whilst developing. We believe that extraordinary people need opportunities to grow, to be inspired and to inspire others. At Leidos, we invest in technical academies, career rotations and a career development plans that enhance your future.
The Leidos pay range for this job level is a general guideline only and not a guarantee of compensation or salary. Additional factors considered in extending an offer include (but are not limited to) responsibilities of the job, education, experience, knowledge, skills, and abilities, as well as internal equity, alignment with market data, applicable bargaining agreement (if any), or other law.
Leidos is a Fortune 500® technology, engineering, and science solutions and services leader working to solve the world’s toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, civil, and health markets. The company’s 47,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, Leidos reported annual revenues of approximately $14.4 billion for the fiscal year ended December 30, 2022. For more information, visit www.Leidos.com.
Pay and Benefits
Pay and benefits are fundamental to any career decision. That's why we craft compensation packages that reflect the importance of the work we do for our customers. Employment benefits include competitive compensation, Health and Wellness programs, Income Protection, Paid Leave and Retirement. More details are available here.
Securing Your Data
Beware of fake employment opportunities using Leidos’ name. Leidos will never ask you to provide payment-related information during any part of the employment application process (i.e., ask you for money), nor will Leidos ever advance money as part of the hiring process (i.e., send you a check or money order before doing any work). Further, Leidos will only communicate with you through emails that are generated by the Leidos.com automated system – never from free commercial services (e.g., Gmail, Yahoo, Hotmail) or via WhatsApp, Telegram, etc. If you received an email purporting to be from Leidos that asks for payment-related information or any other personal information (e.g., about you or your previous employer), and you are concerned about its legitimacy, please make us aware immediately by emailing us at [email protected].
If you believe you are the victim of a scam, contact your local law enforcement and report the incident to the U.S. Federal Trade Commission.
Commitment to Diversity
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, ethnicity, age, national origin, citizenship, religion, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, pregnancy, family structure, marital status, ancestry, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran or military status, or any other basis prohibited by law. Leidos will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with relevant laws.